It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic State throws men off building for ‘being gay’

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
I say lets throw all the warriors of the three Abrahamic religions into a pit and let them fight it out for the rock or money or whatever it is they all want so badly. With any luck they'll all kill each other and the rest of the world can live in peace.

In saying that, you are unaware of one crucial piece of information;

The Isis force and most militant Islamists view the entire west as being Christian. Tough luck if you're not I am afraid as in their eyes we are all the same infidels to them.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

I say lets throw all the warriors of the three Abrahamic religions into a pit and let them fight it out for the rock or money or whatever it is they all want so badly. With any luck they'll all kill each other and the rest of the world can live in peace.

The Isis force and most militant Islamists view the entire west as being Christian. Tough luck if you're not I am afraid as in their eyes we are all the same infidels to them.

I said the warriors. Including the keyboard ones here.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

Lovely. I come to ATS for the conspiracies and stay for the hate filled rhetoric. It's so sad. People like you make me sick.

It was sarcasm.

Do you really believe any of them would show up?

But truth be told, i'm sick of the lot of them. It seems to me that as long as people keep using religion to hate on each other and wage wars, there will be no peace.

Sorry...see my edit. I misread what you wrote. My bad. I apologise.

I realise it was sarcasm and i agree with it. I'm an atheist and would LOVE to see a religion free world.

Sorry buddy

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014
No worries. I'm sure I've misread a post or two today alone. And I need to stop dreaming out loud too.
edit on 1/18/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Well, it's not just the Abrahamic religions who take issue with Islam you know.

I have just started to become aware of this little Muslim curiosity from Burma where Buddhists (?!) are trying to expunge themselves of a Muslim minority. And I though Buddhism was one of, if not the most chillaxed religion out there.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973
How do I tell the evil white men from the good ones?

It's really easy to ask other countries, who could be literally marched into and attacked, to stick their necks out and fight. We have a huge ocean buffer, great coastal defense, and bases all over the world to launch from to protect our ass if we need them.

For the record, I am a spiritual agnostic, I guess it would be classified as. And I would defend any religion or race from being mass rounded up and deported. The very thought of it sounds absurd, and I cannot believe anyone could morally defend such a thing in their own mind, let alone suggest it on a forum. I still can't believe people stood for the whole prison camps for americans of japanese descendant, so maybe it would be a battle that would be lost, but one I would definately stand up to fight if it came to that.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

And I though Buddhism was one of, if not the most chillaxed religion out there.

Maybe before the government kicked the real leader out and took over.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Everyone has their breaking point after all. Even Buddhists.

lol

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I'm just not sure enough to comment on whether this is manufactured or not. The country is 90% Buddhist and they've lived side by side with Muslims for centuries with no problems. I just reckon, until we know more, that one disease or another is spreading.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

You could blame the government, but similar things are happening in Sri Lanka between Buddhists and Islam.

And if you watch the video, the Rohingya people make an extremely pertinent point;

"There are many Islam countries out there, will not one of them take us in?"

To this day as far as I know, nobody is prepared to take these people. You'd think somewhere like maybe Malaysia or one of the richer Arab states would have the heart to take in a people who share the same faith as them.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I'm just not sure enough to comment on whether this is manufactured or not. The country is 90% Buddhist and they've lived side by side with Muslims for centuries with no problems. I just reckon, until we know more, that one disease or another is spreading.

Oh, this is real alright. I've seen it reported via MSM here. We had an in depth doco a couple of months back where they showed the inhumane treatment of these people in Thailand.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Yes. I'm sure the MSM would hop on reporting this as real and do it factually.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

You could blame the government, but similar things are happening in Sri Lanka between Buddhists and Islam.

And if you watch the video, the Rohingya people make an extremely pertinent point;

"There are many Islam countries out there, will not one of them take us in?"

To this day as far as I know, nobody is prepared to take these people. You'd think somewhere like maybe Malaysia or one of the richer Arab states would have the heart to take in a people who share the same faith as them.

Religion is a dangerous tool that creates division.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Sigh.....

I present non MSM content and it is rejected as fantasy. I say that I've seen it on MSM and you reject it as mass propaganda.

How's about you search Rohingya persecution on YouTube? There are too many videos to link to here.

I know it might challenge your perceptions, but it does not make this story any the less true.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Sigh.....

I present non MSM content and it is rejected as fantasy. I say that I've seen it on MSM and you reject it as mass propaganda.

How's about you search Rohingya persecution on YouTube? There are too many videos to link to here.

I know it might challenge your perceptions, but it does not make this story any the less true.

I'll take MSN news together with what I read and my own rational, critical thinking ANY DAY over youtube videos. Sorry.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Religion can be used as a dangerous tool to creates division.

There fixed it for you.........

I dont get people who always blame religion..........

its not religions fault that people are greedy, power hungry, violent , depraved individuals......

One is naive to think, that if religion werent around all the sudden people wouldnt be killing each other over some other conviction......

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Sigh.....

I'll take MSN news together with what I read and my own rational, critical thinking ANY DAY over youtube videos. Sorry.

Once again, sigh.....

There are legitimate vids on there - Reuters, Australian MSM, Al Jazeera for a different viewpoint etc etc.

Discernment is key, you are right there. I would not recommend YT if there were just a bunch of phone vids that have been uploaded by 'witnessess'
edit on 18-1-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Reminds of of the detained POW's who were made to walk the plank in to a certain river in Iraq. Absolutely disgusting thing to do. Only that was our men who were doing that. Let he who is without sin...

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Sigh.....

Once again, sigh.....

There are legitimate vids on there - Reuters, Australian MSM, Al Jazeera for a different viewpoint etc etc.

Discernment is key, you are right there. I would not recommend YT if there were just a bunch of phone vids that have been uploaded by 'witnessess'

Sorry, i thought MSM included Al Jazeera, Reuters etc....

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I was talking about the billions of videos there are on Youtube with no credibility
edit on 18-1-2015 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

It's a horrible situation, of that there is no doubt. Much like the situation in Palestine. But I'm still not sure enough at what's at the heart or root of it all, religious or cultural or unchecked political extremism, to be able to comment that some extreme Buddhist sects or factions represent all Buddhists anymore than extreme anything factions represent all anythings. Just can't do it.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join