It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My First Rant Thread

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Welcome to my first Rant thread.

I HATE WALLS OF TEXT.

I won't read your post if you can't create a paragraph. Even if you have directly replied to me in a post, I thank you for taking the time, but I can't and won't read your post if it is a block of writing that goes on forever…..You may also just go on and exclude full stops and commas, as it all flows the same horrible way when you don't break it up! Not to mention it hurts my eyes.

Help your reader by breaking up into a conversation format what you are saying.

Remember when you speak you take a breath. Your posts should do the same.

Thank you for indulging my rant.

*stomps foot and throws cats randomly.

NB/This isn't about being a spelling nazi, I'm not one of those. It's just WALLS OF TEXT bigotry.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Brace yourself for walls of text in 3, 2, 1...

Dang internets.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

What did the poor kitties do to you???

I agree, its a huge turnoff when a thread is a garbled mess of text. I don't read them either. It sucks having to highlight line by line to keep your place while reading.

Great Rant

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

When people express what they have to say and don't use paragraphs (when their replies are long); that bothers me too.

However...I sincerely hope you do not (throw cats); even in jest the thought makes me feel very uncomfortable.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: caladonea

rest assured, Just a crazy cat lady here who has many kittens she loves in her arsenal.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

rest assured, Just a crazy cat lady here who has many kittens she loves in her arsenal.

Thanks for your reply...I get it now...you were expressing a bit of humor...I am a crazy cat lady too!

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

goodness me. I hope I'd be banned for suggesting it seriously.

CCL unite.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
As some members (from time to time) may have noticed...sometimes I am slow to understand...but eventually I get it. We all have our days!

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: shaneslaughta
It sucks having to highlight line by line to keep your place while reading.

Great Rant

I can't believe I use to do that too!
Not anymore.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
See and I worry about the opposite!
I am singlehandly the poster child for eclipse abuse..... it means to me, a pause in conversation before I run off at the mouth again. grins.

I also separate sentences.

Like this for separate thoughts.....

I worry like crazy that my physical writing is so bad my ideas will go blurbed over because I'm not a writer, grammar sucks, I only vaguely remember the rules of a proper paragraph. Sure there is a happy medium in here somewhere but have yet to find it.

Walls of text are difficult, no doubt, but depending on the poster I will climb that wall of hardship!! I just hate when there were no gems in it and it was all just a masochistic exercise in eyestrain.

S&f

Um...yeah....no kitteh tossing. Just. No. Grumpy Cat does NOT APPROVE!!! (giggles)
edit on 18-1-2015 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I hate that, too and usually skip over the post. It tends to make me a little cross eyed. Some people don't even use period or any other punctuation and that really makes my eyes hurt.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

That's a good rant - a really good rant. They are so difficult to read, and I usually end up reading them really quickly since there are no pauses. They become a bit overwhelming, and I usually start skimming them halfway through. It's a shame as the author has obviously gone to a lot of time and trouble to respond, and risks not being heard properly.

(Deliberate space, so as not to get a cat skelped off my face)

I'm a wall of text bigot, too (WoTB) and if I could just slip in a mini-rant: 'whether/weather' and 'loose/lose' always gives me a micro twitch too!

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I know what you mean, been guilty of it myself in the past.
Definitely a learned skill.

I tend to skip over walls of text now,
if they are really bad...lol

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

goodness me. I hope I'd be banned for suggesting it seriously.

CCL unite.

Meh...go ahead and throw a couple of cats around...who cares? JUST don't go throwing any puppies or dogs around, or you will feel the wrath of the Crazy Dog People LIKE ME!

(JUST KIDDING Crazy Cat People - JUST KIDDING!)

I so agree with you Zazzafrazz. I refuse to read walls of text. They may contain Pearls of Wisdom, but I just can't read em.

If people would just learn to write like they speak, there wouldn't be any problems. Unless they speak in "Walls of Text" too...

edit on Jan4218180142181842America/Chicago by Missmissie173 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Just as bad as walls...

Is when people do this.

I don't understand why you have to make every sentence look like some prophetic quote.

Stop doing it.

You are creating a wall of nothing let alone a wall of text. People can decipher your post just fine.

No need to space out everything.

Thank you

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Not to forget that alot of people are on them fone i things
something to do with fruit cakes and nuts.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Yeah, I have to agree here. I don't really understand why people seem to have such trouble making their posts understandable. We have so many tools at our disposal that can be used to avoid this. For example, at the right side of the keyboard there is an enter button which you can press to skip lines. It would make things so much easier if everyone would do this. Sometimes when I look at some of those posts it gives me a headache. I hate getting headaches. I especially hate headaches that come in the morning because then my whole day is ruined. The only way to really get rid of that kind of headache is to sleep or to not look at the computer for a while. I suppose if I go to sleep I will accomplish both of those goals. Sleep is really good for you, and I think everyone should sleep more. We follow the example of cats who sleep most of the day. They always seem to have it together. But if more people would use the enter key then we wouldn't have to emulate the cats. The very cats that Zazz surrounds herself with. I wonder how Zazz's cats are doing today. I don't remember all of their names anymore. I think there are 78 of them now. I could be wrong though, there are new ones added every day. Between 78 cats and 2 dogs I don't understand how there is any room for humans. Humans need places to live. We need room. Having 78 cats is not fair to the humans! Zazz is being cruel to the humans. The humans actually sent me a note and asked that I post this text well as revenge.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Djarums

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

yeah sorry....I do this...no joking. I am working on it. Which is so stupid of me. My second stint in grad school and you'd think I knew the concept of a proper paragraph....but, no

<<   2  3 >>

join