It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed Women and Mothers Drive Back Boko Haram Attack…

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Want a little good news about the coward boko haram scum that slaughter and abuse women?

It seems the women said NO MORE in this village.

These villagers refused to be the next victims of religious genocide – they fought back and won – unlike the recent village where 2,500 were killed.

Several Nigerian media outlets have been reporting on local women in the villages of Attagara and Kawuri in Borno State who recently disarmed nearly a dozen Boko Haram terrorists. The notorious pseudo-Islamic terror groups tried to attack the Attagara and Kawuri communities over the weekend but the insurgents were instantly repelled by a group of armed women.

The Attagara and Kawuri villages in Gwoza and Bama Local Government Areas of Borno State resisted the attack using an array of local talismans and, of course, their assault weapons came in handy as well.

The initial women were said to have then gone to their local militia which included a number of armed women, who promptly raced to the scene, repelled and executed the attackers.

Mamman Yakubu, a youth that participated in the resistance, said that they killed the terrorists because Boko Haram members never talk when interrogated, and they did not want to risk any of them getting away.

I must say this brought a smile to my face after all the horrific news lately.
The women kicked their ass! WTG Ladies.

theconservativetreehouse.com...
countercurrentnews.com... -attack-repelled-by-armed-women/

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
They are heroes.

Bring on the drones

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Good news hope more follow their lead.

The ability to defend yourself will always be better than hoping some shows up in time to save you.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

News of violence always makes my heart heavy... But those women are beautiful badasses.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Bring on the drones

NOOOOO!!!!! Now you ruined my good mood, I can just picture the little former xbox player behind the controls in Washington somewhere saying, 'Can I kill em sir? please, huh, can I?'

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: VegHead

News of violence always makes my heart heavy... But those women are beautiful badasses.

As it does me, but it is reality. And it happens ALOT every day.

It is just so refreshing to see the innocent take a stand and say NO MORE.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Nooooooooooooo not to kill them...to help them! I should have said the dream drones against the leader, remember?

edit on 1/18/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Nooooooooooooo not to kill them...to help them! I should have said the dream drones against the leader, remember?

Thank you for clarifying!!

I almost put 'NOT A DREAM' in the title.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Best news I've heard all week!

Keep calm & carry on!

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Why do I keep thinking I've heard this story rehashed (with a different spin) about 10 different times now?

I swear, I feel like Winston Smith sometimes...
I'm fairly certain this happened before the recent attacks....but I could be wrong.

This story is WAY too familiar to me for it to be the first time I've heard it.

The photo is also suspect because I've seen it for months now...and I know that for a FACT.

*off to see what reverse image search finds on the pic....(I'm rather interested now)

Yeap....thought so.
Linky...

^^^Note the dates....
edit on 18-1-2015 by Jakal26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Daisy sandals paired with an assault rifle should be the new look this Spring. Way to go, ladies!

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Yeah last time we had a photo op for Kurdish women fighting ISIS

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Armed people are usually harder to victimize.

People like Boko Haram only get away with it in places where a bullet to the face is rare or non-existent.
edit on pSun, 18 Jan 2015 09:39:32 -0600201518America/Chicago2015-01-18T09:39:32-06:0031vx1 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26
Why do I keep thinking I've heard this story rehashed (with a different spin) about 10 different times now?

I swear, I feel like Winston Smith sometimes...
I'm fairly certain this happened before the recent attacks....but I could be wrong.

This story is WAY too familiar to me for it to be the first time I've heard it.

The photo is also suspect because I've seen it for months now...and I know that for a FACT.

*off to see what reverse image search finds on the pic....(I'm rather interested now)

Yeap....thought so.
Linky...

^^^Note the dates....

Awww cmon........
Thanks for finding that. I had never seen it.
But now you blew my happy thought for the day.

I swear everything you see or hear is lies anymore. I almost want to just cut the cable and toss all electronic equipment.

Board up my house and wait for the reset.

I better get more ammo and food first.

I'm out.

BTW Jakal, seriously, nice find. I would rather get truth once in a while like it or not.

I am going to choose to think they just stole that pic and the story is real.
the story is real......the story is real.....
Never should have taken the F@#$!*& red pill.........
edit on 1 18 2015 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Just because it is several years old, does not make it irrelevant to the current situation. Women defending themselves from aggression is not a bad thing.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
This truly, genuinely did put a smile on my face!

The fact that they did not let any of the captives live means that these women fighters mean business, and will not lay down.

Locals returned hellfire when the U.S. invaded Somalia too, giving the troops too much bullets to contend with that they needed air support.

This is what an armed community can do.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigman88

The fact that they did not let any of the captives live means that these women fighters mean business, and will not lay down.

Locals returned hellfire when the U.S. invaded Somalia too, giving the troops too much bullets to contend with that they needed air support.

Actually most of them were muslim fighters in somalia. Ones that i am sure are on the side of boko haram now most likely.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: bigman88

Actually most of them were muslim fighters in somalia. Ones that i am sure are on the side of boko haram now most likely.

Didn't know that at all, but that is most likely my own bias clouding things there, with all the interference with Africa by Europe and the west, resulting in it being what it is today. I knew that an organized militia had mounted up a counter attack on the straggling forces, but I was watching some footage from the initial invasion, when U.S. first touched down in the country to deliver "freedom", I saw what looked like thousands od pissed off regular men, women, and children, half of them with AK'S, harassing the shi** out of the liberators.

What makes you think those Muslim fighters will be with Boko Haram now?

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I believe every person that is not mentally impaired, needs to be fully trained and armed. This seems to prevent alot of crimes and takeovers. Kudo's to these brave women.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I swear everything you see or hear is lies anymore. I almost want to just cut the cable and toss all electronic equipment.

This is the goal. Obfuscate the facts with so many lies that the truth cannot be dug out, and even if it can, it's buried inside "muddy waters" and invalidates it to those who choose other "muddy water media"...

Cutting the cable might be a better thing to do, in reality, especially for one's mental health...but I can't lie, I'm a news junkie and I have to feed this addiction...lol

I am going to choose to think they just stole that pic and the story is real. the story is real......the story is real.

Stock photos are used often....but it appears that various media outlets in Nigeria are reporting this, so it still stands that it could be true.
From what I have gleaned, it appears that a similar event happened in May. IIRC, it was May 27th (don't feel like finding those comments again right now)....of 2014.

a reply to: groingrinder

Just because it is several years old, does not make it irrelevant to the current situation. Women defending themselves from aggression is not a bad thing.

This, I agree with. It is never a bad thing to reinforce the FACT that arming one's self can and does deter and/or stop criminals/terrorists/whatever you call the "bad" guys.
It's an inconvenient truth for those who spout the anti-gun rhetoric. One they ignore, overlook, or otherwise attempt to "disprove" (never gonna happen).

Doesn't change the fact that media keeps rehashing some of these stories....nor does it answer the question as to why...?...
Is it to reinforce the ideal of standing up for one's self and one's community? "Good" propaganda? Is there such a thing?
...of course, what ISN'T propaganda of some flavor or the other? I don't believe such a thing exists.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join