It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keeping Score: Charlie Hebdo 1 Cartoon, Islamic Terrorists 10 More Murders, Churches Destroyed

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

You can see the spiral down.

Let's say France is goal oriented.

Terrorist attack.

They go to rule oriented. March in support of freedom of speech "rule."

They get poked again.

Next level down is red - Power God.

They will assert their force against terrorists, and terrorists will drop down to even more tribal.

The only solution is to spiral them up my meeting them in their rule based mindset and getting them to be goal oriented, not power oriented.

Okay, this is very interesting.

How do you propose that you would pull, say France because you have mentioned it up out of the downward spiral when you have Islam pulling them by the ankles, determined to not let them get away?

What sort of goal is going to be so attractive that it would bring the focus of the French away from the ankle biting of Islam?

edit on 18-1-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   

The only solution is to spiral them up my meeting them in their rule based mindset and getting them to be goal oriented, not power oriented.
a reply to: Jamie1
this sounds like management speech you might hear at a corporate training day

edit on 18-1-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

You can see the spiral down.

Let's say France is goal oriented.

Terrorist attack.

They go to rule oriented. March in support of freedom of speech "rule."

They get poked again.

Next level down is red - Power God.

They will assert their force against terrorists, and terrorists will drop down to even more tribal.

Okay, this is very interesting.

How do you propose that you would pull, say France because you have mentioned it up out of the downward spiral when you have Islam pulling them by the ankles, determined to not let them get away?

What sort of goal is going to be so attractive that it would bring the focus of the French away from the ankle biting of Islam?

Well there's the problem.

It would be easy to pull France up with a goal. (BTW this model is what Nelson Mandela used when he became President of South Africa.) France could have any number of financial or social goals. Even something like getting the Olympics.

The challenge is with the Islamic extremists, whose main goal seems to be the destruction of Israel. That goal is mutually exclusive from anything the rest of the world is aligned with.

The cartoons are only driving them down into red.

They are so diametrically opposed that I'm having a hard time figuring out what aligned goals would even be possible.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr

this sounds like management speech you might hear at a corporate training day

It's how Nelson Mandela diffused a lot of the racial violence in SA.

The other choice is to just go full on into killing them off. Or just sit back and wait for more attacks.

"Strongly condemning" them isn't going to make any difference.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   

And therein lies my problem too. I cannot see past the imminent threat of Islam for many nations, especially while they are being so active at the moment.

I agree that a shared goal gives a true sense of unity, but when people feel threatened it's a primal urge to react directly to that threat and ignore everything else until it has been neutralised.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   

And therein lies my problem too. I cannot see past the imminent threat of Islam for many nations, especially while they are being so active at the moment.

I agree that a shared goal gives a true sense of unity, but when people feel threatened it's a primal urge to react directly to that threat and ignore everything else until it has been neutralised.

Yep.

It's like pulling the proverbial thread in a cheap suit.

The only way out is through a strong, charismatic leader. Of course, he (or she) would immediately be labeled the anti-Christ by half the people here on ATS. lol

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Islam, the religion of peace.

I think they need to go to the Ad Council and get a few TV commercials going. Wait, that will backfire since that would mean it's followers need to attack televisions.

Some of us had high hope for the 21st century, Jetsons lifestyle and more. Who would have thought we were actually headed back into the dark ages with religion and economics.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   

"Strongly condemning" them isn't going to make any difference.

Yep, hasn't that card been played a few times with poor results.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Let's reverse the rolls and say a few highly Christian countries are invaded and occupied by superior equipped Muslim countries who also own the world banks. Oil is sold in their currency and they have military bases all over the globe

How would some western civilians feel over a 10 year period when their county was attacked and their leaders booted and then to rub salt into the wounds their faith was mocked all the time

I'm not religious so perhaps that's the reason why I don't see free speech as an excuse to offend people but I'm flabbergasted that people think they have the right to offend and don't understand the west is the bully in the Middle East and the Muslims there are the victims

Our media constantly portrays us as the good guys,the victims while continualy painting them as the bad guys and the aggressors while all the time mocking their faith

As for Charlie Hebdo,they seem like racists using satire with no compassion for others seeing as they choose to offend people

So please stop looking at this drawing without taking into context our countries actions on Muslims

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

I think 9-11 supports your point well. Look at how rabid the US population has been over that and what the payback has been. Its to the point of destroying the economy and decent lifestyles but people are still behind going down in what they see as a blaze of glory. (Maybe many just don't realize what is happening though)

edit on 1/18/2015 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I agree

Also we are being run by deluded and out of touch of reality compassion less individuals

They actualy believed that our troops would roll through Iraq as liberators and the people there would
Throw flowers down at our feet and welcome us

What planet do they live on! There insane

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

It's a fallacy that there are two sides are fighting against each other. The score keeping misses the point, so it's confusing at best.

Islam the meme responds to a ideological attack like an organism, with a system that is designed to strengthen itself against all future threats rather than attack any particular intruder.

So they lash on all open fronts against other memes and cleanse non-conformity from within. Two main things can happen. They can grow the core or they can overshoot and cause what would resemble mitosis in the meme.

This may be the strategy with the US engineering of ISIS. Create something so abhorrent that it forms a boundary with a large number of Muslims, causing a new nucleus of Islam to split off resulting in two, distinct and more manageable pieces.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TsukiLunar

I find the reckless disregard for their own safety kind of enduring. They are on the international stage now, prime targets. Not sure what else you expect them to be doing.

Charlie Hebdo should publish a satirical cartoon about themselves, maybe showing an artist waving a pen at a terrorist.

And in his best French accent, a la the movie Taldega Nights, he says to the terrorist, "I am coming to get you Mohammed lov-er..."

That would be kind of awesome actually.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword

I'm not religious so perhaps that's the reason why I don't see free speech as an excuse to offend people but I'm flabbergasted that people think they have the right to offend and don't understand the west is the bully in the Middle East and the Muslims there are the victims

The Muslims in the ME are the victims at the hands of their own tyrannical governments.

Saudi Arabia, the land of Mecca, is making billions in oil every year. OPEC is doing well.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

You know what's being downplayed? The 2000 people who died when Boko Haram destroyed an entire village last week. But you're right, it's a game. It's a game of wills without proper consideration of the payout for printing a cartoon. Is a poll of 3 million people and a sold out news paper equal to that of indefinite murders, chaos and destruction? It's a "poll" against an actual action some crazy person is MORE willing to do. The payout is disproportionate.

What's missing is the 'real' counter balance to help put this 'game' on an equal playing field. For example, what if all that money Charlie Hebdo raised goes to fighting terrorism? Print a cartoon, Muslim blow back, sell millions of magazines, create national anti-terrorist agency, wash - rinse - repeat. Now that adheres better to ' cause and effect'

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TsukiLunar
I'm not sure what your point is. Do want to send the staff of Charlie to fight terrorism?

I think this is an oblique reference to Charlie poking the very angry bear of Islam. This member is correct in that their cartoons are costing lives.

NO!! It is the retarded terrorist's response to those cartoons that is costing lives. GET IT RIGHT!!
edit on 1-18-2015 by groingrinder because: Edited to add color to text. Color in text appears to not work here.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

My faith cannot be shaken by cartoons! If you are that offended by mere words and cartoons, then you are a very weak and pitiful person. These pansy terrorists need to grow a vagina! Those things can take a real pounding.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Je Suis Frosty!!! Vive le snow!

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: groingrinder

My faith cannot be shaken by cartoons! If you are that offended by mere words and cartoons, then you are a very weak and pitiful person. These pansy terrorists need to grow a vagina! Those things can take a real pounding.

Best Betty White quote ever!

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Here's the weekend update:

Charlie Hebdo got on the board first with another magazine cover featuring a cartoon of Mohammed.

Islamic terrorists in Niger quickly countered when they burned churches and stoned Christian civilians, killing 10 and injuring 43.

In a post-murder spree interview, one of the terrorists explained:

"They offended our Prophet Mohammad, that's what we didn't like," said Amadou Abdoul Ouahab, who took part in the demonstrations.

Source

However, don't think the Islamic terrorists are winning.

Many world "leaders" have "strongly condemned" their actions, and Charlie Hebdo sold 3 million papers.

Source

The terrorists are heavy favorites to kill even more innocent civilians in the coming weeks, while Charlie Hebdo is will likely again counter with another satirical and ironic cartoon.
With no definitive point of view expressed I can only give mine in the hope it has relevance to yours.

The recent slaughter of 17 innocent people in Paris is offensive to the extreme. They were butchered for no reason except some derranged peoples belief in an ancient mindset that existed and was formed with minuscule understanding of the natural world we live in.

For anyone in any part of the world to then further protest, demonstrate, threaten continued violence and vengeance, attack embassies, burn flags, kill their own innocents and all other manor of irrational actions over a drawing... The comparison of offence is mute.

I was sure my education (I was lucky enough to go to a co-ed school where girls and boys were treated the same), taught me that the history of humans beings showed we moved out of caves, created science, technology and above all we developed a sense of reason... Logical reason. Unfortunately the first reason with regards to the early societies was a religious one. That is what these backwards, Islamic barbarians are holding onto and trying to impose.

The discrepancy between 1.3M Parisians coming together after a massacre and doing so peacefully with a message of unity where nobody is hurt, injured and no call for barbarism expressed shows why we call ourselves the developed world.

The other small minority are not Islam they are ignorant, uneducated and violent barbarians who should have been left in the caves the rest of Us came out of.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join