It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keeping Score: Charlie Hebdo 1 Cartoon, Islamic Terrorists 10 More Murders, Churches Destroyed

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Here's the weekend update:

Charlie Hebdo got on the board first with another magazine cover featuring a cartoon of Mohammed.

Islamic terrorists in Niger quickly countered when they burned churches and stoned Christian civilians, killing 10 and injuring 43.

In a post-murder spree interview, one of the terrorists explained:

"They offended our Prophet Mohammad, that's what we didn't like," said Amadou Abdoul Ouahab, who took part in the demonstrations.

Source

However, don't think the Islamic terrorists are winning.

Many world "leaders" have "strongly condemned" their actions, and Charlie Hebdo sold 3 million papers.

Source

The terrorists are heavy favorites to kill even more innocent civilians in the coming weeks, while Charlie Hebdo is will likely again counter with another satirical and ironic cartoon.
edit on 18-1-2015 by Jamie1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I'm not sure what your point is. Do want to send the staff of Charlie to fight terrorism?

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I think the risk needs to be shared by other media outlets, not just charlie ebdo. Most media organisations are quick to report about the images, but very few are prepared to show the images or even make their own images out of fear. a reply to: Jamie1

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

It is not a game .

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   
They're not just he double hockey sticking people now they're going
after snowmen too, with a vengeance.

rt.com...

People in Saudi Arabia - the second hottest country in the world -
have recently had a chance for some fun, building snowmen following
freak snowstorms that have hit the country. However, the hilarity has
been proclaimed sinful by a Saudi scholar.

The religious scholar has issued a ruling forbidding the building of snowmen,
and snow animals for being anti-Islamic.

Je Suis Frosty!

edit on 1/18/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TsukiLunar
I'm not sure what your point is. Do want to send the staff of Charlie to fight terrorism?

I think this is an oblique reference to Charlie poking the very angry bear of Islam. This member is correct in that their cartoons are costing lives.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Not sure there's much hope anymore, western culture is just not compatible for all religions anymore. I think it's time to realize that and make a stand, because everything that the pre baby-boomers created is vanishing mightily fast and the baby-boomers have as a generation raped pockets before values. You can only chop so much education out before you get nations of complete morons bursting at the seams to be offended by literally anything.
Unless we start a major shift and start teaching people how to cope with being offended (because they will be) then any notion of free speech is impossible.

Because this is the shape the world gets left in.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   

I believe Charlie Hebdo believes they are "fighting" terrorism by publishing their paper.

What do you think is the difference between the woman smiling in the top photo, and the angry young men in the bottom photo?

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Just print the word 'Mohammed' on the front page, someone, somewhere, will throw a fit, call for 'jihad' and froth at the mouth, to me, its a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't do what muslims want, however stupid their demands are, in western eyes.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

I believe Charlie Hebdo believes they are "fighting" terrorism by publishing their paper.

What do you think is the difference between the woman smiling in the top photo, and the angry young men in the bottom photo?

No matter what, this does not give Islam the right to kill christians in revenge.

Christians don't go burn mosques and kill Muslims when images of God are printed.(which is also strictly forbidden by Christianity and Judaism btw)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   

I find the reckless disregard for their own safety kind of enduring. They are on the international stage now, prime targets. Not sure what else you expect them to be doing.
edit on 18-1-2015 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

It is not a game .

Really?

One could make the argument that except for the small handful of people directly affected, it's not much different than the Romans going to the Colosseum to watch the gladiators fight.

Except now we don't have to go anywhere. We can watch everything online.

Most of our lives are not going to be affected by terrorists or by cartoons.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

No matter what, this does not give Islam the right to kill christians in revenge.

Christians don't go burn mosques and kill Muslims when images of God are printed.(which is also strictly forbidden by Christianity and Judaism btw)

Interesting perspective. Good point.

In the minds of those doing the killing, it does give them the right to kill Christians. And they also believe that Charlie Hebdo has no right to print the cartoons.

It's just interesting the level of importance this entire issue has become.

Why are the players so emotionally vested in this?

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   
..over a cartoon

this is why i sadly doubt benevolent aliens exist

if they did theyd send a comet this way and put earth out of its misery

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   

In the minds of those doing the killing, it does give them the right to kill Christians. And they also believe that Charlie Hebdo has no right to print the cartoons.

My theory;

Islamic society is at least 100 years behind Western society in terms of emotional, spiritual and social development.

100 years ago if someone published pictures of God here in the West, all hell would have broken loose in our countries too, because they were predominantly Christian and the church had huge sway over every day life. We've since grown up, chilled out and Christianity has taken a sideline in our daily lives.

In Muslim countries, religious rule is still very front and centre of daily life.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   

My theory;

Islamic society is at least 100 years behind Western society in terms of emotional, spiritual and social development.

100 years ago if someone published pictures of God here in the West, all hell would have broken loose in our countries too, because they were predominantly Christian and the church had huge sway over every day life. We've since grown up, chilled out and Christianity has taken a sideline in our daily lives.

In Muslim countries, religious rule is still very front and centre of daily life.

Excellent observation.

Ever hear of spiral dynamics?

It explains exactly what you're saying.

Cultures develop in a predictable pattern of social awareness.

Survival
Tribal
Power god
Rule based
Goal oriented
Globally oriented

And when they become stressed, the drop down a level.

Rule based goes back to Power God.

Goal oriented drops back to rule based.

Organized religions are very rule based. When rules are violated, they drop to Power God.

Makes perfect sense.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Excellent observation.

No, I hadn't, and thankyou so much for sharing

It explains everything I perceive perfectly and succinctly.

The bit that scares me is that Islam is the mechanism that is trying to drag us down the spiral as well.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   

One could make the argument that except for the small handful of people directly affected, it's not much different than the Romans going to the Colosseum to watch the gladiators fight.

You sit back in the comfort of living room and keep score . Meanwhile people have died in this game of yours .

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Excellent observation.

No, I hadn't, and thankyou so much for sharing

It explains everything I perceive perfectly and succinctly.

The bit that scares me is that Islam is the mechanism that is trying to drag us down the spiral as well.

Spiral Dynamics

You can see the spiral down.

Let's say France is goal oriented.

Terrorist attack.

They go to rule oriented. March in support of freedom of speech "rule."

They get poked again.

Next level down is red - Power God.

They will assert their force against terrorists, and terrorists will drop down to even more tribal.

The only solution is to spiral them up my meeting them in their rule based mindset and getting them to be goal oriented, not power oriented.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

You sit back in the comfort of living room and keep score . Meanwhile people have died in this game of yours .

It's not my game.

15 people were murdered and 70 shot in Chicago so far this month.

But those people's lives aren't in the headlines. Nor are their killers.

Why are you so offended by it being labeled game?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join