It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens when there is a slow news day.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Tragic to lose a beloved pet however this story appeared about a dog that was hit on a street by a car and killed. Very sad for the family. The article though is written as if there were witnesses of a dangerous driver that killed a kid playing.

For those not from Australia, Mosman is a very wealthy suburb in Sydney and only about 15 mins from the centre of the CBD. A city of 4.5m people.

With all that goes on in the world it's also sad that journalistic discretion as to newsworthiness seems to be astray on this one.

Link posted here:

m.dailytelegraph.com.au... -1227186884823

Also what's with the baby turkey?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: inquisitivenature

Can't we make a conspiracy out of this?

I know on weekend and holidays the news orgs punch up "human interest" and little-published stories to make up for a shortage of personnel. But maybe they just got tired of typing (blank) terrorists.

OR! the publishers/owners of the news outfit told them to change the focus, find a cleavage, camel toe or dead dog to picture or talk about.
edit on 17-1-2015 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Unfortunately, the link you provided is not working

I for one look at such deaths as being on par with human death. I say this, because we "are supposed to be better" than everything else on this planet. If that is the case, shouldn't we be watching out for other species here on this planet?

A key indicator of someone who is capable of committing a violent act against another human is someone who'll go after an innocent animal. This is a red flag raiser to those in the psychological / criminal fields...

-NF

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
What happens when there is a slow news day?
I end up reading post like this one.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
What happens when there is a slow news day?
I end up reading post like this one.
Love your reply 😄

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

Unfortunately, the link you provided is not working

I for one look at such deaths as being on par with human death. I say this, because we "are supposed to be better" than everything else on this planet. If that is the case, shouldn't we be watching out for other species here on this planet?

A key indicator of someone who is capable of committing a violent act against another human is someone who'll go after an innocent animal. This is a red flag raiser to those in the psychological / criminal fields...

-NF
Not sure why link is not working as have checked and it appears correct.

In reply to your other point, the owners left their small puppy to run and play on the street. A small brown dog would be very difficult to see. There was no information anyone was driving dangerously, merely the vague suggestion the driver should have seen it.

A family losing a loved pet being hit by a car is not normally newsworthy unless there is something malicious about it.

Any thought on the alleged baby turkey?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Same thing as any other day .. only less propaganda ..

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
That's really sad anyway. Glad it was a slow day compared to our local "shooting spree" and in other places that happened last Saturday.
The link doesn't work but am guessing there's more to it than just a pet HBC trauma.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

that is were the term drop the dead donkey comes from.

when they have a slow news day , they have in reserve a bank of stories that they can use to bulk up the news papers .

top topics

join