It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mystery ufo near ISS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

originally posted by: Answer
There are several satellites orbiting at a lower altitude than the ISS so it could be an out-of-focus image of a satellite.

Yeah, could be, please provide other instances of this.

Please provide other instances of verifiable UFO's near the ISS. You're being very defensive about this being anything but a legitimate UFO craft.

I said "could be". An honest person makes every attempt to come up with a rational explanation before settling on the irrational.

Instead of settling on "it's an alien craft" as the explanation, like you seem to have done, we should explore every other possible explanation first.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

There are several satellites orbiting at a lower altitude than the ISS so it could be an out-of-focus image of a satellite.

Please provide other instances of verifiable UFO's near the ISS. You're being very defensive about this being anything but a legitimate UFO craft.

I said "could be". An honest person makes every attempt to come up with a rational explanation before settling on the irrational.

Instead of settling on "it's an alien craft" as the explanation, like you seem to have done, we should explore every other possible explanation first.

Apologies if I come across as defensive, but I see it all the time on here.

You are the one claiming nearby satellites, please provide evidence.

This is a great example of a UFO, I never said it was an 'Alien craft', but seriously without a light source, there can be no shadow, would you agree with this basic knowledge of physics?
edit on 17/1/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AthlonSavage
a reply to: elevenaugust

I don't think it s a cloud like you have shown in the picture because in that picture you see under the mushroom clouds a distinctive cloud blanket layer which of course one would expect to see if there are mushroom clouds sprouting from that layer, in the Nasa picture I see no evidence of that layer.

Yes, this picture was just to show that clouds can cast shadows. However, the angle of view of this cloud is not the same at all as that of the OP video, almost vertical. Moreover, clouds have so many shapes and can be formed in so many ways that I guess the lower blanket layer is likely not obligatory.

No way this 'UFO' is at the same altitude as that of the ISS, or even in 'space', as it moves at the same speed and towards the same direction as the visible landscape. So it's more a 'terrestrial object', then big.

What kind of earthly object is big, white and located in Earth's (lower) atmosphere? A UFO that mimics cumulonimbus cloud?

Also, the problem of the YT videos authentication that I talked about here is more than ever true in this case. No verifiable source, no useful data, no original video... as usual!
edit on 17-1-2015 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Footage of the UFO was shown on the news channel CBS, sparking furious debate among online conspiracy nuts. It is not clear whether the film was stock footage, or taken from NASA's live feed.

Something always to keep in my when examining the Ufo phenomena is the conspiracy nuts are at both ends of the scales.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: elevenaugust
a reply to: sg1642

Yes, they do and the shadow can be visible depends of the observer position, the sun position and of the altitude of the part the cloud where the shadow of its higher part is cast on:

Add to that the poor video resolution, no image reference, and voilà here's a UFO...
the difference is the shadow created by this object is quite symmetrical. It almost looks like a slice cut out of a pie. If that makes sense. If you view closer there appears to be some kind of rim around the right side. Could well be a trick of the light and focus etc though.

edit on 4251642 by sg1642 because: damn auto correct :/

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Apologies if I am coming across as defensive, but I see it all the time on here.

This is a great example of a UFO, I never said it was an 'Alien craft', but seriously without a light source, there can be no shadow, would you agree with this basic knowledge of physics?

The sun tends to be a pretty substantial light source. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make...

The shadow suggests that the object has a cone or domed shape.
edit on 1/17/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

It is difficult to get a measure of where it is in relation to the ISS, it could be very close and yet it could be far away. I don't however see it was a cloud in any measure of the imagination. The reason why I say that is there is plenty of ISS feed material over years and a cloud like this has never appeared, if it has then someone please link a photo to it.

A balloon perhaps? We all seen photos of high altitude balloons but I cant see it being one of them as its hard to imagine they could get higher than a 100 miles off earth, the ISS is over 200 miles high.

edit on 17-1-2015 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Why couldn't this be a very large high-altitude balloon seen from above?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

It is difficult to get a measure of where it is in relation to the ISS, it could be very close and yet it could be far away.

It can't be close, as I explained above. It moves in relation to the ground... Take a second look at the video.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

It could be, but prove that it is.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: Bilk22

originally posted by: Bilk22

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4
"A UFO has been spotted near the International Space Station in footage broadcast after astronauts evacuated part of the orbiting craft.

Alien spotters noticed a strange object disappear behind the ISS, reigniting bizarre claims that the space station is actually a place for aliens to come out hang out with humans.

Footage of the UFO was shown on the news channel CBS, sparking furious debate among online conspiracy nuts. It is not clear whether the film was stock footage, or taken from NASA's live feed."

video at link. looks big. note use of the term 'conspiracy nuts'

www.mirror.co.uk...
The two dots or objects on the end make it look just like the orb in the video from this www.abovetopsecret.com...

They look the same to me.

What are those two round " balls " above the solar panels ?

Perhaps I missed a post, but this second image with details of the Nikon camera was part of the thread yesterday from the "Crow" fellow of an object than huge in the sky for several hours recently. It had two short appendices on one side also.

Sorry, evidently I clicked on the wrong post in my response. I had intended on the one as I described above.
edit on 17-1-2015 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Your assuming the thing is a stationary object. Someone already pointed out it has a sharp rim like edge. What I also notice is that it has symmetry unlike the clouds which have uneven layers on the edges. It cant be a balloon at that height. So if its not a cloud and not a balloon, then what is it?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Every possible explanation is nothing but speculation at this point. I don't think anyone can prove what, exactly, is in the photo but we can certainly make some educated assumptions.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Your assuming the thing is a stationary object. Someone already pointed out it has a sharp rim like edge. What I also notice is that it has symmetry unlike the clouds which have uneven layers on the edges. It cant be a balloon at that height. So if its not a cloud and not a balloon, then what is it?

You say "it can't be a balloon at that height" but there's no way to determine the altitude of the object...

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Every possible explanation is nothing but speculation at this point. I don't think anyone can prove what, exactly, is in the photo but we can certainly make some educated assumptions.

Of course it is, but to dismiss it as something that can be explained, well I don't know about you but I would prefer some evidence of this.
edit on 17/1/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

How high can a high altitude balloon rise? The ISS is 250 Miles high. If you can demonstrate a balloon can get that high enough so we can see its diameter not as a dot but a thumb size then ill support the balloon argument.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

How high can a high altitude balloon rise? The ISS is 250 Miles high. If you can demonstrate a balloon can get that high enough so we can see its diameter not as a dot but a thumb size then ill support the balloon argument.

The record is 33 miles so it would have to be a massive balloon or something not in the altitude record books.

Balloons can be pretty big...

edit on 1/17/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Funny, it has the same notch in back.

Like the "Tether incident" and the Dropa Stones.

That is what made me look twice.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

The record is 33 miles so it would have to be a massive balloon or something not in the altitude record books.

I think then its safe to say the balloon argument is out. The next one is the cloud argument we are still working through that one. If it isn't a incredibly unique cloud then what could it be?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Oooh this is a good'n !
I'm gonna sit back and hear from an expert or two as to
" what I'm really seeing" .

Right now I'm seeing an analmonous object of
rather large size that I think we agree wasn't feet from the ISS.
(a ballon can't get that high and terrestrial spacecraft as well as sizeable junk
should be known and on the no go by list)

Others will be saying that I'm sure I'll saw different...

Oh and if someone tells me that's a 30+ (+++)
foot across hunk of frozen ammonia from the leak...
I'll add it to my, they aren't even trying anymore, pile.
edit on 17-1-2015 by UnderKingsPeak because: cleaned up

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join