It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mystery ufo near ISS

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanka418
All in all a very good source of satellite tracking data. IF that sort of thing interests you.
I remember looking for this type of information years ago, and found a source mentioned but it had dried up and I wasn't sure why but I thought it might be for security reasons. Apparently they have parsed out the items of national security interest from this database:

www.space-track.org...#/faq

Why is there a satellite catalog entry for object number [12345], but no orbital data for that object or TLEs for that object?
The answer from our data provider:
"JFCC SPACE cannot post elsets for every man-made object orbiting the earth on www.Space-Track.org.

Reasons include but are not limited to:
- National security reasons
People trying to login from N Korea may find their web addresses blocked, and the three letter agency might be doing a background check on you right now.

I can't even remember now exactly why I was looking for this information but it had something to do with space junk in general, and where all of it was.

I've already downloaded data for ISS on 05-30-2011...there are only about 4 data records for that day and will have to be studied a bit to properly understand and progress.
That's not much but I do remember seeing some earth orbit calculation scripts or free website app posted on ATS in the past, so if you had enough data to populate the orbit calculator, it would tell you the position for all times of the day. I don't remember what it was called though.

Thanks for the link, I added it to my bookmark list!

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
This is interesting ,reflection ??
www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2920426/Nasa-cuts-live-ISS-video-feed-UFO-hovers-sight-Conspiracy-theorists-claim-space-agency-hiding-alien-l ife.html

edit on 21-1-2015 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
So so much ignorance, and stupidity.

Well done to those who cracked the case and invested both time (and money). Patience of saint's also as I'd have boiled my blood long ago

Again, excellent

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
That's not much but I do remember seeing some earth orbit calculation scripts or free website app posted on ATS in the past, so if you had enough data to populate the orbit calculator, it would tell you the position for all times of the day. I don't remember what it was called though.

Thanks for the link, I added it to my bookmark list!

Well, being a software type, I have several sources of open source code. I found a orbital prediction calculation package ...open source. Unfortunately it dates back to around 2002. but not too much has changed...

And I think I see a potential issue using it...it seems that several have tried to implement this code is various ways. The common problem is that it appears to require a time stamp allied "Unix Epoch Time". That is basically the number of seconds since some time in 1970 (I'll have to look up to exact date and time). This kind of time conversion can be problematic.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Then how come that's what it is?

As in a cloud?

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join