It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[DRG2015] Dragon Encounter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
As I dozed off for the evening, my head swirling from the days events, I heard a voice, dark and deep,
coming from somewhere in my mind.

"Tonight we will meet"

It caused me to sit straight up in bed, eyes wide and mind suddenly awake.
I'll never get back to sleep now I thought to myself. Stupid brain, shut off already, I need sleep!
Another night of insomnia at this rate, come on head, shut up!

Brrr! That fan is cold! I should really turn it off one of these days I thought to myself as I flopped back down on my pillow and pulled the blankets back over myself. I just want to shut down and go to sleep and this bed is so cold now because of that stupid fan, my stupid startled reaction to my stupid head saying stupid half lucid crap...It's stupid..... *snore*

I am floating.....
Where am I floating?
Why am I floating?

huh?

There is nothing but blackness and small pins of light. How strange! I must be dreaming...
It looks like space to me! How cool is that?!

It IS pretty cool isn't it!

What? Who said that?!

I did.

As I spun around to face the voice it suddenly occurred to me that this might be a bad thing.
That was a very deep voice.

Dizziness overtook me as I turned by swiveling my body at the waist. A very quick motion that spun me around and I did not stop.
I just kept spinning, unable to regain control of myself.

In what sounded like a slightly amused voice I heard "look up" and as I spun I tilted my head back and gazed at a light above me, larger than the pinpoints of light around me. It almost looked like a moldy chunk of Swiss cheese reflecting some unknown flashes of color. It was not lit up, but reflecting light. I could see the darker rock, it was rather close, and I realized it was spinning in time with me,or maybe I was synchronized with it, either way, it appeared to not be moving while everything else around me was spinning faster and faster.

Again the voice spoke, "look down" and as I peered below my feet I almost screamed in a mix of sudden fright, and also an overwhelming feeling of awe. Right below my feet was a galaxy spinning in the opposite direction. The colors rippled through this spinning pinwheel of light and haze, red, then green, then a burst of blue. I watched as lightning lit up the center and sprayed outwards in all directions causing flashes of colors as it worked it's way through the pinwheel of stars. My toes could almost touch it, or so it looked although in my head I knew I had to be far, far away from it, it sure did seem to be close.

I could feel the warmth, almost like putting your feet close to a camp fire.
But the spinning was making me feel ill, and I had to look back up at the object above my head in order to catch my sense of balance.

Again the voice spoke.

We are going there.

And with those words I began to move closer to the thing above me and away from the spinning galaxy below. I could feel my feet being pulled down while I was being pulled up. It was very strange but the closer I got to the pinpoint of flashing light the less the feeling of being pulled towards my feet. The object was coming into better view the closer I got and I could see it was a floating asteroid with many holes in it, and yep, it did remind me of a chunk of Swiss cheese. It had a shiny grey metallic color to it and the closer I got, the smoother it looked, almost like it had been polished by some unknown force. The light from the galaxy below lit this asteroid in a multitude of colors, and I wondered to myself if the galaxy spinning below did not polish this chunk of rock floating out in space.....this is space isn't it?

Again that voice spoke, almost like, no, in fact it was, it was responding to my thoughts.

Of a kind, yes it is.
You are being inspected.

I am being what???

With that I entered a hole in the side of the asteroid, and floated down a tunnel.
Inside it was dark and still.
I would catch a glimmer of something glowing in the distance down tunnels as I floated past them,
but I was moving to fast to see exactly what was there and I was not in control of where I was going, so I thought maybe I should be looking ahead of me instead of to the sides. I could see a red glow, and as I got closer, it got dimmer, until it was like an ember burning out in the night. Very faint, but getting bigger. Suddenly I felt a little afraid, and very nervous.

What on earth is going on? I thought to myself, and immediately I got an answer, and it was something different than the voice I had already heard.

This is not earth, this is my place.

It was a female voice, but it was still deep, and very dark sounding, and it had a hiss, like a lisp when it spoke.
The voice, although inside my head, was also coming from the end of the tunnel, which I was just entering.
I'm not sure if I want to do this...
Again the hiss..

You have no choicccce.

I closed my eyes, not ready for what I was about to see. I didn't want to know.

I could feel warmth at my feet, much like the galaxy I had just experienced, and I thought maybe I was floating again above the pinwheel so after a minute or two of silence and warmth, I opened my eyes, hoping to be somewhere else.

Before me I saw two glowing embers in the dark. Orange and dark red, glowing and pulsing, and moving closer.
It suddenly struck me that I was looking at eyes in the dark, and on that thought a red glow began to appear under my feet.
Tearing my gaze away from the eyes I had the reaction of looking down, because the red glow seemed a more immediate threat than the eyes coming at me.

I was floating in the center of a circle or red light. An emblem etched into the rock was visible, but I could not make out what it was. A symbol of some kind, strange, and unlike anything I have seen before.
I have to remember! I thought to myself. This is a dream!

Don't worry, you will not forget, and a dreammmmm?
Mmmmm...

Mmmaybeeeee

MMMmaaaaybeeee NOT

The eyes in the dark came at me very quickly and I found myself looking right into them, about a foot from my face.
I could see the slits where a pupal should be, and I realized them as reptilian in appearance. As I looked into the eyes they backed up a little and I got to see what I was floating in front of. Before me was a very large, black, ancient lizard.
A Dragon, something I had read about, drawn and even killed many times in games and books, but none of these fictional beings came even close to the being that was before me,looking at me, sniffing me and I am sure tasting me in the air.

You are to advancccccce to the next phassssssssseeeeeee
You are going from phasssse one, to phasse twooooooo....
You have passsssssed, butttttt,
you have much to learn before the third

Welcome Medium, to the next level....
And yessssss......
We aaaaaaaaare realllllll...

The words rang in my head and hissed, but not in an unpleasant way, instead, I suddenly felt empowered.
What a dream! This is awesome!!

Thisssss issss notttt a dream,
and you, Darkblaaaaaaade, will remember when you wake.
Go forth and do your work,
you have our blesssssinngssss...
MY blessssinngss...
Warrior of the spirit, you will do what is right....

And as suddenly as I found myself floating I found myself falling, falling right through the emblem on the floor into darkness.....

*WHAM!!!*

I sat up in bed so fast the blanket flew to my feet and fell off the bed onto the floor.
Guess I should turn that fan off...

*click*

edit on 17-1-2015 by Darkblade71 because: Oh yeah, I gots me some typos...lol

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

That was so good!!
I want an experience like that! ("Beeee carefulllll whaaaat you aaaask foooor jaaacyyyy...")

So cool. What are ya going to do with this power?

jacygirl

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

lol

Glad you liked it.

That was an off the top of my head thing...
sort of..

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

TURN THE FAN OFF!
Wow, they said my story was trippy, you just took first place in that category.

That was excellent, great story!

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Very Dark, Dark!!! I really liked this !!! Very well done!!

Awesome Tale!!!!
Syx.
edit on 17-1-2015 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
That was different and quite interesting.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

lol

Thanks!

Trippy is good.

a reply to: SyxPak

Thank you!

a reply to: Night Star
Glad you found it interesting!

edit on 17-1-2015 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
The story is very good and engaging with the descriptions.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Tindalos2013

Thank you!

Glad you enjoyed it!

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
This story is based on a dream I once had about meeting several dragons.
I had to add a little, change some stuff around and make it sound cooler,
but ended up with a neat little story,
I'm happy with it.

Dragons rock!

*shameless bump*

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Loved this! Lucid non-dreaming...dream...vision. Yeah, that's it!
Great descriptions of the traveling through time/space in the weirdness that was your vision. I liked the sensory elements a lot!

Now get some sleep, Darkblade, you have obviously earned it...

- AB

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Thanks lol!

*snore*

I wish I could change the name of this story.

I think it should be called "The Astral Dragon"

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Nice job! I enjoy incorporating things from my dreams into my writing as well. Sometimes you just have to pull the covers up over your head and wait for the dawn. LOL

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: grayeagle

Thank you!

I had fun writing it.
The dream it is based on has stuck with me for years,
so it was nice to put out in a story form.
Made for a neat little tale.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I like it.

I could really identify with the story - as when I'm astral traveling - I can often get turned around - or can't stop spinning, or somersaulting in space. But I avoid Dragons on the astral plain. Never met one who liked humans. Great story!

CdT

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: CirqueDeTruth

I did...

But then...
maybe it was a dream.

Glad you liked it!

edit on 21-1-2015 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Bump!

Just in case anyone missed my little story....

new topics

top topics

join