It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions of Americans Will Be Getting a Raise Soon Thanks to This Obscure Rule

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daedal
a reply to: buster2010

Okeedokee.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I figured that, hence my sarcasm as well.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

I predicted how it would turn out in 1991.

Wonderful. You still did not answer my questions.

This next part is fixing the mess the corporations made of this country while we the people who refused to see allowed it.

You do realize that nearly every businesses operate this way, from largest to smallest, they all need to remain profitable and they do so by the same means.

My answer to your question is that the large corporations lie, cheat, and steal to their stockholders and to their employees.

This is not an econ question to me so much as an ethical one. This does not apply to the small businesses, who rarely have salaried employees and scores of high priced lawyers, accountants, and HR people cooking the books.

This is something you just will not understand unless you've watched it from within a large corporation or two for three decades and actually paid attention.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

My answer to your question is that the large corporations lie, cheat, and steal to their stockholders and to their employees.

Setting aside the irony of you typing this on a computer most likely made by a large corporation you still did not address my point that the small businesses, who you oddly think are exempt, indeed practice the same long term cost reductions as their larger counterparts.

To think otherwise demonstrates a fundamental lack of knowledge on how to operate a profitable business.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Setting aside the irony of you typing this on a computer most likely made by a large corporation

I agree, Corporations make things, why shouldnt they be allowed to lie, cheat, and steal? Corporations are not collections of humans, they are Gods and should be treated as such, without them us petty humans would be lost and have nothing, I am willing to offer my sacrifices to our overlords, I am glad to see you are too.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ImaFungi

Instead of posting mindless hyperbole maybe you can address the questions I posed to the other poster.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Instead of posting mindless hyperbole maybe you can address the questions I posed to the other poster.

I think the state of the world is an absolute mess and tiny changes here and there will not be anywhere near real solutions to real problems, so I dont really have an opinion on this situation it is a relative misnomer, I just wanted to respond to your statements overlooking your lords lying, stealing, and cheating because you cant imagine good people producing a product.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedal
reports the White House currently aims to increase the income threshold to about $42,000 a year, which would triple the number of salaried workers entitled to overtime.

Even at 42k salary and not hourly is nothing more of a scheme for a company to work people well past 40 hours for free. Salary is designed for higher wages to justify the longer work hours, not to bypass paying for overtime. Didn't Walmart get busted for working people on Salary that ended up lower than min wage when their hours worked was broken down into hourly?

edit on 18-1-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Again, more irrelevant hyperbole and dopey innuendo. This contribution is indicative of someone who does not understand basic business operations.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

but then what of a worker's room for improvement?

if i work a job, and i'm willing to work MORE, for more money, and my employer is willing to have me work more, for more money, what's the big deal?

i don't see any point in limiting people's ability to make more..all it would do is make people miserable..

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join