It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which is more of a threat to America, Radical Muslims or Radical Christians?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

What country are you talking about?

This thread is about a threat to America!

I've never heard of Muslims beheading & crucifying Gay Americans in mass numbers, so I don't think I can answer your question!

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

I knew someone would reply to me with their panties in a bunch

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
*Barry Goldwater described my feelings on this topic:

Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.

When you say "radical right" today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party away from the Republican Party, and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye.

On religious issues there can be little or no compromise. There is no position on which people are so immovable as their religious beliefs. There is no more powerful ally one can claim in a debate than Jesus Christ, or God, or Allah, or whatever one calls this supreme being. But like any powerful weapon, the use of God's name on one's behalf should be used sparingly. The religious factions that are growing throughout our land are not using their religious clout with wisdom. They are trying to force government leaders into following their position 100 percent. If you disagree with these religious groups on a particular moral issue, they complain, they threaten you with a loss of money or votes or both.

I'm frankly sick and tired of the political preachers across this country telling me as a citizen that if I want to be a moral person, I must believe in "A," "B," "C" and "D." Just who do they think they are? And from where do they presume to claim the right to dictate their moral beliefs to me? And I am even more angry as a legislator who must endure the threats of every religious group who thinks it has some God-granted right to control my vote on every roll call in the Senate. I am warning them today: I will fight them every step of the way if they try to dictate their moral convictions to all Americans in the name of "conservatism."

*Barry Morris Goldwater (January 2, 1909 – May 29, 1998) was a businessman and five-term United States Senator from Arizona (1953–65, 1969–87) and the Republican Party's nominee for president in the 1964 election. An articulate and charismatic figure during the first half of the 1960s, he was known as "Mr. Conservative".

en.wikiquote.org...

edit on 18-1-2015 by DMFL1133 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

The Christians have been in the US since it became a country.

I don't see them as a threat.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
No actually you know what OP if anything, i'd be more concerned about
the Mutation referred to as 'Chrislam'. Now that would be a pretty
nasty 3 headed beast if it ever grew to fruition.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
No actually you know what OP if anything, i'd be more concerned about
the Mutation referred to as 'Chrislam'. Now that would be a pretty
nasty 3 headed beast if it ever grew to fruition.

christianity islam and judaism all share the same roots. so it almost is a 3 headed beast.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Whether it's a Muslim screaming death to the infidels or a Christian calling for genocide of Homosexuals...

Only one group is currently turning the words into reality.

Regards

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

In America?
The country of the topic at hand?

I disagree.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
In America?
The country of the topic at hand?

The attacks in New York are not included then?

www.thereligionofpeace.com...

Regards

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Firstly those stats are too vague to claim that all of those attacks were influenced by "Islam"...

Secondly if I went to find the stats of Christians who have killed people since 1970 I'm sure that number would far exceed the 126 killed by Muslims on American soil. (2976 excluded until you can prove it was Muslims who did 9/11)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wildbob77

I do.

When you have Christian politicians and law makers creating laws that oppress certain groups of Americans that don't fit within their religious beliefs to me is a threat against American Freedom.

Their should be a clear divide. I feel religion should not influence law. It's another form of pushing your beliefs upon someone else that doesn't believe in your religion.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
well according to scripture,

"Then they will deliver you to tribulation, and will kill you, and you will be hated by all nations because of My name. "At that time many will fall away and will betray one another and hate one another.…

As christian flee from the middle east.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DMFL1133
*Barry Goldwater described my feelings on this topic:

Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.

When you say "radical right" today, I think of these moneymaking ventures by fellows like Pat Robertson and others who are trying to take the Republican Party away from the Republican Party, and make a religious organization out of it. If that ever happens, kiss politics goodbye.

On religious issues there can be little or no compromise. There is no position on which people are so immovable as their religious beliefs. There is no more powerful ally one can claim in a debate than Jesus Christ, or God, or Allah, or whatever one calls this supreme being. But like any powerful weapon, the use of God's name on one's behalf should be used sparingly. The religious factions that are growing throughout our land are not using their religious clout with wisdom. They are trying to force government leaders into following their position 100 percent. If you disagree with these religious groups on a particular moral issue, they complain, they threaten you with a loss of money or votes or both.

I'm frankly sick and tired of the political preachers across this country telling me as a citizen that if I want to be a moral person, I must believe in "A," "B," "C" and "D." Just who do they think they are? And from where do they presume to claim the right to dictate their moral beliefs to me? And I am even more angry as a legislator who must endure the threats of every religious group who thinks it has some God-granted right to control my vote on every roll call in the Senate. I am warning them today: I will fight them every step of the way if they try to dictate their moral convictions to all Americans in the name of "conservatism."

*Barry Morris Goldwater (January 2, 1909 – May 29, 1998) was a businessman and five-term United States Senator from Arizona (1953–65, 1969–87) and the Republican Party's nominee for president in the 1964 election. An articulate and charismatic figure during the first half of the 1960s, he was known as "Mr. Conservative".

en.wikiquote.org...

Well said, Barry. There is no form of government worse than a theocracy. None.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

They were here before the U.S. became a country and they are the reason this country was formed with a secular government: to protect the people from them.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich

I do.

When you have Christian politicians and law makers creating laws that oppress certain groups of Americans that don't fit within their religious beliefs to me is a threat against American Freedom.

Their should be a clear divide. I feel religion should not influence law. It's another form of pushing your beliefs upon someone else that doesn't believe in your religion.

I wonder how many people remember that, in clear violation of the Constitution, both Obama and McCain submitted to a televised qrilling by religious fundamentalist nut Rick Warren while they were running for president?

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
well according to scripture,

"Then they will deliver you to tribulation, and will kill you, and you will be hated by all nations because of My name. "At that time many will fall away and will betray one another and hate one another.…

As christian flee from the middle east.

What does it say in "Lord of the Rings"? As long as we're quoting fiction, we should know.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

It says you require further study of the founding documents in order to understand why your statements are incorrect.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Someone here on ATS had what I'm assuming was a quote in the "signature" portion of their profile that went something like this;

"There will never be peace on earth until the last stone falls off of the last church, on top of the last priest."

I believe this statement is meant to be taken broadly, which would include synagogues and mosques, etc., as well as Imams and Rabbis, etc..

In the broader sense, the more I think about it, the more I agree with it.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist

It says you require further study of the founding documents in order to understand why your statements are incorrect.

Perhaps you could point out where in the U.S. Constitution (the law of the land) that this is a Christian nation and that the 10 Commandments are the rule of law. Please start with the one about worshipping no other God and show me where that appears in the Constitution. We can go from there. You might always want to check out the Treaty of Tripoli which flat-out states that the U.S. is not a Christian nation.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I have claimed nothing of the sort. All I said was that you lack understanding of the text and spirit of the Constitution.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join