It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which is more of a threat to America, Radical Muslims or Radical Christians?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
this is going to continue for a long time, my only suggestion is to stay the hell away from where the violence is taking place, or where common sense tells you it might erupt....nobody here on this blog (ATS) is going to change the mind of anyone, it's useless rhetoric that somehow satisfies our perceived need to contribute to a solution.
the only way that the 4 crusades ended historically between Christians and Muslims, is when armies ran out of bodies to use as soldiers, or ran out of money to support the soldiers. this is the same s**t, different century.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
People suck but you still have to live here. No one is going to stop it. Prepare for it unless you have a magical wand that you can use on people to do what you want them to.

i dont know about a wand, but ive heard tell of a book...

The book IS the problem.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
this is going to continue for a long time, my only suggestion is to stay the hell away from where the violence is taking place, or where common sense tells you it might erupt....nobody here on this blog (ATS) is going to change the mind of anyone, it's useless rhetoric that somehow satisfies our perceived need to contribute to a solution.
the only way that the 4 crusades ended historically between Christians and Muslims, is when armies ran out of bodies to use as soldiers, or ran out of money to support the soldiers. this is the same s**t, different century.

When you go after a squad, you take a platoon. If you go after a platoon, you bring a company. If you go after a company, you bring a brigade. Hey, before you say I'm calling for violence, look at the whole picture. Who called for it first. Don't bring that # to my backyard. You can be peaceful about your belief or you can get shot. That's the every day American talking. We don't care about you or your extremist views at all. You rock the boat and you'll drown. There are more of us than you. We're armed to the teeth so you won't dictate a damned thing to us. Go home and reflect before you get hurt.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 17-1-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: works4dhs

Gay Genocide!

Muslim Genocide!

I agree they're a minority...

But you have to wonder about the people who attend these sermons as well as the preachers.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

People suck but you still have to live here. No one is going to stop it. Prepare for it unless you have a magical wand that you can use on people to do what you want them to.

The book IS the problem.

no, the book isnt the problem anymore than guns, rocks, fire, sharp sticks or legos are the problem.

we are the problem. every person perpetuating the use of violence as the first and primary method of conflict resolution. every person encouraging acts of cruelty instead of loving their neighbor as they would themselves. every nation that refuses to acknowledge the common ground it shares with cultures across the ocean and around the globe.

we are the most powerful species in the world right now. we are the most versatile, intelligent, capable, and ambitious species ever to exist on earth. dont for one second even think about blaming our mistakes on a stupid book, anymore than we can blame the holocaust on bad weather.

edit on 17-1-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: works4dhs

Gay Genocide!

Muslim Genocide!

I agree they're a minority...

But you have to wonder about the people who attend these sermons as well as the preachers.

I'm not calling for genocide. I'll settle for peacefully co-existing. If they force my hand on the issue, you know that will lead to violence. For me it'll be called defending my way of life.

edit on 17-1-2015 by LOSTinAMERICA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Christianity because its fundamentalists have already, despite the Constitution, enshrined it into US government, law and society and continue to try to increase it's hold on this nation.

You HAVE to be an outspoken Christian to be a Conservative Republican.
The only religious speech represented in government is Christian.
The reason gays have to fight tooth and nail to gain the legal privileges associated with marriage and still haven't fully succeeded is because it offends Christians for them to be married.
Christians have legal say over women's bodies.

edit on 1/17/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

When you go after a squad, you take a platoon. If you go after a platoon, you bring a company. If you go after a company, you bring a brigade. Hey, before you say I'm calling for violence, look at the whole picture. Who called for it first. Don't bring that # to my backyard. You can be peaceful about your belief or you can get shot. That's the every day American talking. We don't care about you or your extremist views at all. You rock the boat and you'll drown. There are more of us than you. We're armed to the teeth so you won't dictate a damned thing to us. Go home and reflect before you get hurt.

WTF?....i'm an American, white guy, 62 years old, my family goes back 5 generations, and served in wars for this country....go back where?....and where did I say YOU were calling for violence?....I was making a comment on the futility of trying to change the minds of radical Muslims, that's it.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

So are you threatening that poster with violence or are you just taking your rage out on a keyboard?

Despite all religions being used as distractions and tools for division my vote is radical Islam. The Crusades ended years ago, Christians are getting the hell beaten out of them by modern "enlightened, tolerant" individuals (of course we have to be tolerant when they say all Christians are gay hating bigots).

Regardless of who is funding them, calling the orders radical Islam's currently causing chaos in Europe and eventually the entire planet. But sure do what's popular and blame all Christians.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

WTF?....i'm an American, white guy, 62 years old, my family goes back 5 generations, and served in wars for this country....go back where?....and where did I say YOU were calling for violence?....I was making a comment on the futility of trying to change the minds of radical Muslims, that's it.

I'm done trying to change an extremists mind. They just keep doing stupid #. You want me to just let them destroy my way of life? I'll give them an out. Peacefully co-exist or die by the very same tactics you bring to the table. You don't respect my way of life, well tough. I don't shoot people for creating a cartoon. I don't cut peoples heads off because they won't convert to my way of thinking. I don't dress my wife up in a burka because I'm afraid some guy might steal her away from me. Yeah, I know it's a jealousy and control issue. I don't strap bomb on my kids and send them off on a Jihad. I don't resort to violence unless it's the only choice available. You go talk to a brick wall, I'm done with that #.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: sirlancelot

Christians will die for what they believe.

You will die for what Muslims believe!

thats because they cant exactly imprison you for killing yourself, unlike if christian fanatics were to start committing murder for their god. its the "next best thing".

but lets not make the mistake of thinking they wouldnt kill if they could get away with it. because thats NEVER happened before, right?

Oh, Christians can kill alright, Bush and Blair had God on their side, in fact both have said they talked to him prior to the war in Iraq. He advised wisely on that one didn't he?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

The book IS the problem.

Which one? The Quran?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The biggest threat to the world is RADICALIZED Jewism

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I'm kind of with Nef. Idiots and loudmouths, both those who get or give the podium to other idiots and also those who believe what they hear from the podium, are the biggest threat, no matter what their particular brand of lunacy or ideology.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I'm done trying to change an extremists mind. They just keep doing stupid #. You want me to just let them destroy my way of life? I'll give them an out. Peacefully co-exist or die by the very same tactics you bring to the table. You don't respect my way of life, well tough. I don't shoot people for creating a cartoon. I don't cut peoples heads off because they won't convert to my way of thinking. I don't dress my wife up in a burka because I'm afraid some guy might steal her away from me. Yeah, I know it's a jealousy and control issue. I don't strap bomb on my kids and send them off on a Jihad. I don't resort to violence unless it's the only choice available. You go talk to a brick wall, I'm done with that #.

Seriously dude your statement is a contradiction. As long as you as a muslim aren't doing the things that you mentioned then what are you refering too?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouNeedMe
The biggest threat to the world is RADICALIZED Jewism

Really I can't recall the last time a jew (outside of Isreal) did anything to anyone of another faith! I would love for you to prove me wrong.

BTW Im a christian so keep that in mind.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot

The book IS the problem.

Which one? The Quran?

All religious books. I'm not singling just one out.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

The book IS the problem.

Which one? The Quran?

All religious books. I'm not singling just one out.

Again you contradict yourself! So would you include the book of the Quran? Maybe I missed something...

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Seriously dude your statement is a contradiction. As long as you as a muslim aren't doing the things that you mentioned then what are you refering too?

911 happened. There have been a few more since then. I'm saying if it comes to my backyard, I'm going to fight that #. I'll quardinate with my neighbors to hunt them down. Did talking stop the extremist in France? You want to talk when they want you dead. They have a tactical advantage over you. Not so much with me. Twist that. I'm saying you better be peaceful here whatever religion you subscribe to. If not I'll show you the devil.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join