It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which is more of a threat to America, Radical Muslims or Radical Christians?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
After reading a thread about how the Muslims Brotherhood supposedly started a political party and the replies saying that America will soon fall under Sharia Law I wonder who is the bigger threat Radical Muslims or Radical Christians?

I mean we have this video about Ted Cruz's father calling for a Christian Theocracy in America:

Also we have a Christian preacher calling for a military coup against the US government:

In addition we also have school districts in America that want to teach only Creationism.

While meanwhile we have another thread saying that there are no go zones supposedly occupied by Radical Muslims.

So which is more plausible a Christian Theocracy or Islamic Caliphate?

Update: I saw some parts of this video and I find it sickening. Christian kids are calling for a Christian Theocracy in America

edit on 17-1-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
So which is more plausible a Christian Theocracy or Islamic Caliphate?

In America? Neither is plausible. We have secular rule of law and most people are too educated to fall for a theocracy or a caliphate. The only way that could happen is if it was applied to us from outside forces.

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I have yet to see Christian sects making war on each other, Shia and sunnies seem to be at each others throats all the time, and isil just killing everyone in their way, hamas in Gaza are quite happy to shoot Palestinians as well as Israelis. (yes I know historicaley Christians and Jews made war, and English Christians wared with continental Catholics, but not much these days).

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Whether it's a Muslim screaming death to the infidels or a Christian calling for genocide of Homosexuals...

Both are as dangerous as each other to be honest.

But neither is a threat to the States in a sense of Law or control!

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Which is more of a threat, Radical Muslims or Radical Christians?

I don't know?

On one hand I see roaming bands of radicals killing and beheading all that appose them and their so-called ideology.
And on the other I see radicals screaming and telling others how they are sinning and how they are going to hell.
So last time I checked words and a point of view don't kill, but a sword around the neck will make for a really bad day.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

A slightly different question may be more present.

Which is more likely in America:
Islamic insurgency
Christian insurgency
White supremacist insurgency

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The biggest threat to America is the loss of common sense, compassion, and greed.

+2 more 
link   
The people we need to fear most are the idiots.

It really doesn't matter which book people read that claims to interpret the needs/requirements of a divine entity, as long as they aren't idiots.

Sadly, its the idiots who want the attention, and for some reason still have a voice.

There will be posters who say its Muslims, there will those who say its Christians, but being an idiot is not unique to either faith.

So the answer is that we'd be better off without the idiots of either denomination.

link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

White supremacist insurgency

Or a black militent group
Anything is possible.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I cant help but picture the future like it's going to be something out of "Neuromancer" (William Gibson) - radical Christian terrorists and all - so it's a "when" not "if" thing for me. When it sets in that the world is not turning backwards to the "good ol' days" (a fantasy) I think that will make all sorts of fundamentalists stir crazy (to put it lightly) - not just one particular religious group(s) but lots of people in general. I think Muslims fundamentalists and radicals are just the hot heads that are starting to realize it first in a very major way and it's coming out in extreme violence as their entire paradigm seems to be under attack. I love that book so it was amusing to me that, even though it took place all over the globe (including Istanbul!), I can't recall it ever mentioning any major religion except for Christians who were the radical terrorists of that, rather bleak, future. Science fiction - yes - but such things have an creepy way of mirroring the future more often than not.

Of course that's just a bunch of tin toil that likes to fall out of my mouth but I do have an imagination that can get the best of me.

Who knows.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Neither imo, it's all designed to cause confusion and subterfuge.

Keep the terror level high, pick a side any side, divide and conquer is the order of the day.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Or Martial Law declared by the Gubermint......take your pick its a crap shoot literally.....

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Neither one is anything to worry about as long as you can keep them out of the government. But thankfully our founders thought ahead enough to make laws where one faith can't take over.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I would look at their core philosophies, beliefs, and most of all, how they view women. Women are the heart and soul of any culture.

Unspeakable Horrors

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I feel more threatened by liberals and radical black groups than by Muslims, Christians and Jews put together.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The biggest threat is not from those who believe in a DIFFERENT invisible, omnipotent wizard than your own, but from anyone who swears they are acting at the behest of ANY imaginary divinity.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Are these people true Christians if they suggest force in
anything thet do?

I'll take "Secular christianity" for a thousand.

The answer is, " The daily double"!

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Religion as a whole is a threat to America. That's why the country was built by our forefathers with a separation of church and state. That ideology seems to be lost these days.

Most countries built on a government based on religious laws are in constant state of war and turmoil. We left England because of the influence of the church. Muslims are free to come to our country and practice their religion all they want. That's what America is all about. When they come here and try to force their religion on non-Muslims and change our constitution and laws to support this agenda, THAT'S when their will be war and turmoil on our soil. This battle has raged for centuries and its simply for one reason. When one group tries forcing conversion on the other group. If this one little issue stopped then their would be peace.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

The one on the left is more likely an atheist?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I fear both and all religions where fanatics speak for the whole and the majority do nothing to stop them. Radical Islam will kill all in the name of faith. Radical Christians will use the laws and enact laws to restrict and segragate and then forbid and ultimately get rid of what they find distasteful. Both are a discredit to the human race.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join