It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3,000 “Moderate Rebels” Defect to ISIS – US Preparing 5,000 More

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
This is all over alternative media sites.

No wonder, if this is true I am sure the controllers of the MSM don't want this out.

I believe this was THE intent in the first place.

Reported along the peripheries of the Western media, it was reported recently that some 3,000 so-called “moderate rebels” of the “Free Syrian Army” had defected to the “Islamic State” (ISIS). While not the first time so-called “moderates” have crossed over openly to Al Qaeda or ISIS, it is one of the largest crossovers that has occurred.

I know this has been reported in small numbers in the past but jeez, 3,000 at once?
Our government must be proud!

With them, these 3,000 fighters will bring weapons, cash, equipment, and training provided to them by Saudi Arabia, Qatar, the United States, the UK, and perhaps most ironic of all in the wake of the recent terror attack in Paris, France. Indeed, ISIS and Al Qaeda’s ranks continue to swell amid this insidious network of “terror laundering” that is only set to grow.

When “moderates” appear inevitably destined for the ranks of ISIS, and with US weapons falling into Al Qaeda’s hands along with entire brigade-sized defections taking place, what the world would last expect is for the US to prepare another brigade-sized army to arm, fund, train, and turn loose inside of Syria. But that is precisely what the US is planning to do.

I will be curious to see IF and when any MSM announces this
www.almasdarnews.com... t-isis-qalamoun-mountains/This is the source as far back as I can tell.

I used www.infowars.com... s-preparing-5000-more/ as link for the posted information.

I know infowars is questionable in many eyes as a source.
Anyone know anything about The Arab Source as a source.
edit on 1 17 2015 by stosh64 because: added link to original source

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Got anything worth reading besides inforwars?

I mean, I've seen this info presented in other "alternative media"...but if your thread is going to go anywhere here you're going to have to do better than infowars.

Got anything more legit than that?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
A little more info from www.almasdarnews.com... t-isis-qalamoun-mountains/ site. Its called "The Arab Source"

The FSA groups who pledged allegiance to ISIS are the following:
1. Liwaa Al-Farouq – Approximately 300 fighters
2. Liwaa Al-Qusayr – Approximately 600 fighters
3. Liwaa Al-Turkomen – Approximately 400 fighters
4. Liwaa Al-Haqq – Approximately 400 fighters
5. Kataeb Al-Mouqna – Approximately 200 fighters
6. Liwaa Matfareeq – Approximately 500 fighters
7. Suqour Al-Fatih – Approximately 200 fighters
8. Liwaa 77 – Approximately 400 fighters

As ISIS continues to spread their presence on the border of Lebanon and Syria, many rebel groups have found this organization more appealing than their predecessors due to their success in eastern and northern Syria. The Al-Qaeda linked Al-Nusra Front (Jabhat Al-Nusra) – who fought ISIS in Deir Ezzor – has seemingly repaired relations in eastern Lebanon and western Syria. The 2 militant groups have been spotted working together during armed engagements with loyalist forces in ‘Assal Al-Ward and Rankous.

edit on 1 17 2015 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26

Got anything worth reading besides inforwars?

I mean, I've seen this info presented in other "alternative media"...but if your thread is going to go anywhere here you're going to have to do better than infowars.

Got anything more legit than that?

Like I said in OP. All over 'alternative media, no MSM like cnn that I can find yet.

Take it for what it's worth.

Liveleak is another.

ETA: I could really care less if the thread goes anywhere....
I post when I see things I think may be interesting to others.
And in hope of others maybe adding info or pointing out a hoax.
Peace
Steve

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Right...

I wasn't trying to hassle you. Just, knowing how the membership here is about inforwars, I figured I'd point that out and see if you had some other sources in your pocket.

I'll see what I can dig up as well.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
we are seeing a repeat of the year 2001, where for months the corporate media promoted the idea of Al Qaeda as Uber Villains we were supposed to be afraid of, because they were coming to get us unless we did what the Government told us and got them first.
Today the Government is assuring us that ISIS, Al Qaeda, Bobo Haram, Saudi Arabia, and Muslims in general are in the final stages of a plot to carry out multiple terror attacks on Europe and the United States. Funny how they can know there is a plot, and that it is in its final stages, but don't know what the target is, or who is doing it. Funny. Really funny. Almost too weird to be believed, in fact

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: madenusa

I agree...but then again, I don't think it's that simple.

Hyped up or not, one has to be blind not to acknowledge the threat that is the spread of Islamic extremism.
It is sewing DEEP roots in many places and is like a cancer.

Ignoring it because we know of the evils of governments mentioned is not a solution and will get us no where.

As I've said a million times over....
The enemy is at the gates....but it's various gates, not just one.

Funny how they can know there is a plot, and that it is in its final stages, but don't know what the target is, or who is doing it. Funny. Really funny. Almost too weird to be believed, in fact

Not really.
It depends on what one knows about intelligence gathering. It's not as simple as some make it all out to be.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26
Thank you, didn't consider it a hassle.
I just want the 'truth' also.

I kind of hope this gets proven a hoax and goes to "the bin"

If true the world is just as messed up as I have come to believe.

Everything I find so far goes back to this site.www.almasdarnews.com... defect-isis-qalamoun-mountains/

Anyone know anything about it?
The story was on their site Jan 9th.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Well, the US has put people in power that we had to go fight in the future many times. So I will not discount this information even though the source is not really a trusted source. This actually does fit into the way the US has done things in the past. I can't say it is happening now though, after all, these things can't be going on anymore....right.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Hyped up or not, one has to be blind not to acknowledge the threat that is the spread of Islamic extremism.
It is sewing DEEP roots in many places and is like a cancer.

Awww, phooey.. just another barely concealed cover. "Assad must go" is the goal in Syria, then anarchy, just like Libya. Who cares which hat some US funded and armed "Jihadist" wears today.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   

many pepople in this ISIS thing anyway?

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

My sources inside Syria paint a rather different picture.

You keep repeating your same talking points, day in and day out, across the boards here. More often than not, with little to back your opinions.

....I doubt we completely disagree, but seeing a lot of your posts, we don't agree either....so.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

You keep repeating your same talking points, day in and day out, across the boards here. More often than not, with little to back your opinions.

I need proof? That the next enemy happens to be in the next country on the list? The war on terror is contrived? That US hegemony isn't real or ongoing/

Okaay…

By the way, my 'across the boards', 'all the same' opinions are but one drop in a small bucket. Glad you think it carries some weight. I rather doubt that.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

I need proof?

Yeah, that's kinda how this works...

The war on terror is contrived? That US hegemony isn't real or ongoing

Didn't say that in many ways it isn't. But your simplistic take on it is just that....too simplistic.
Like I said, my sources inside Syria paint a rather different picture than yourself. (I'm sure other sources would disagree with my sources...but it is damn sure better than the media I am fed in the west)

By the way, my 'across the boards', 'all the same' opinions are but one drop in a small bucket. Glad you think it carries some weight. I rather doubt that.

I lend an ear to various opinions here. Those that oppose my own and those that I agree with.
That's how learning works...you know, reading and taking note of stuff you don't agree with, rather than being stuck in a confirmation biased rut...which is counter productive.

....over time, I have learned that much of what I once thought I had "learned" was bs, and some of what I thought was bs ended up being true (or closer to the truth than the bs I once believed)

If it didn't "carry weight" I wouldn't bother....

(Guess you missed that part where I said we don't fully disagree just because we sometimes disagree.....went straight to the perceived "attack" on you, didn't you? You're a rather hostile fellow. Chill man. I'm not the enemy bro)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Like I said, my sources inside Syria paint a rather different picture than yourself.

You said that twice now, whilst claiming I have nothing to back up my 'opinions'.

Is your statement a little like "official sources say" or "experts agree" that the media uses all the time?

We're just supposed to believe some unnamed, anonymous sources you say you have "inside Syria" because you say so, right?

Don't bother answering, I know what you're going to say.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Is your statement a little like "official sources say" or "experts agree" that the media uses all the time?

Not even close...but keep on assuming you know me, buddy.

We're just supposed to believe some unnamed, anonymous sources you say you have "inside Syria" because you say so, right?

I didn't ask you to believe a gd thing. I didn't provide details of what my sources told me, nor do I care to because this conversation is really a non-conversation. You've proven you're impossible to talk to, long before now and long before we were engaging in this [non] conversation.

I simply said your simplistic version of this is far too simplistic and you lack a grasp of the complex nature of what is going down in Syria and beyond.
You'll disagree...I don't care.

I don't have the motivation to play....

So, we'll just agree to disagree.....I've already done so...now it's your turn.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I'll just bid thee farewell with your own words. Like you said to me before you got to taking my responses so personal…

...went straight to the perceived "attack" on you, didn't you? You're a rather hostile fellow. Chill man. I'm not the enemy bro)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Like I said, my sources inside Syria paint a rather different picture than yourself

LOL.

My sources say your sources are wrong. literally just phoned them, I was like "hello?, hellooo?, Syria?? sources?, is that you sources??"

and they were like DABRAZZO! why you talking into a fake plastic telephone with giant squeaky rubber buttons?!!
edit on 18-1-2015 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

If I misinterpreted, my apologies.

I'm not in the best of moods, atm.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Dabrazzo

I mentioned that others sources might invalidate or otherwise claim information contrary to the ones I have.
I didn't say my sources were government or related. Actually quite the contrary. My sources are simple folk that I personally know that live inside Syria.

I didn't say I believe the information either. I simply said it is better than the muddied to hell, watered down media that I see in the west.

Jesus, you are acting like I was claiming my sources were "above and beyond" scrutiny....and I didn't even say anything beyond "they paint a different picture"...no elaboration.

I just don't think it's as simple as some make it all out to be. That was the jest of what I said, nothing more, nothing less....

Bowing out, because I am at a lose for where this conversation is going right now...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join