It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vaccines Harmful, Ineffective: Mainstream Studies

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

I rarely ever get the flu, regardless of whether I get the flu vaccine or not. I think I have gotten the flu 2 times in my life (and I'm 54). Is this a bad thing? Should I kiss someone with the flu in order to make myself get sick, to protect my self from getting sicker in case I get a really bad flu?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I see alot of people on a day to day baais and they tell me they recently got over the flu, at that point i tell them thats its bad qoute the scientific studies stating that its bad and they look at me like i just shot someone at that point i say in my head keep taking your shot, keep taking your shot you fool...,

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

Right on.

17 years ago I did a poll at work (healthcare) to see how many people took the seasonal flu shot and how many did not.

Those who took it, spent more time off for not only the flu but also other illness that I felt were directly related to a compromised immune system.

They keep making claims this year on the local news about this years vaccines not being made strong enough and that is why almost everyone who took the shot have been sick with not only the flu, but upper respiratory illness.

I know I know I am singing to the choir here, but I just wanted to join in the discussion from my perspective.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Also to add, we know that when a person is injected and then skips off to work, school the public, that they are shedding the virus as they go.

Door handles, shopping carts, gas pumps then become viral incubators.

I hate to think about how many deaths we will see next year when the shots cause even more community illness and individuals become hospitalized post jab.

They have to know that most educated people understand that the current years flu shots are never for that years flu as the viruses mutate from year to year.

Time for public education and truth.

The real ticker is to have babies, frail elderly and immuno-compromised individuals on their risky bandwagon. Withholding the truth about vaccines is as low as it gets. Now if an individual takes the vaccine and it causes the bodies natural defenses to kick in, it is understandable, but that is rarely the case in the most vulnerable and no healthcare worker will ever admit that anyway.

I wonder how much money was made this year in over the counter cold, flu, sinus remedies? How many hospitalizations and Doctor's office visits?

No Jab for me or my family, too many natural ways to fight the sickness's caused by the vaccinations and the illness's themselves.

Our family has a healthy respect for the micro world and its ability to survive in hosts until the host kills them through education and common sense or the host feeds them and sheds to other available hosts all the while mutating and becoming immune to the anti-biotics so readily shed their way.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I know many people who claim that they are rarely ill if ever and those are the people to watch. It is the bodies natural defense to get fevers, colds and the rest otherwise they are at a higher risk for serious and life threatening diseases, tumors, cancers.

Sickness=healing

Denial=sickness

*How many kids are sent to school each year, how many adults go into public while sick?*

I have known people who make your same claim and have also seen them looking like crapola, if I ask if they are ill they say no, just tired or whatever. I know kids that the working parents claim they have never been sick but have seen them sick with my own two eyes!

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

BTW, I have not had the same reaction to the flu as my Children have over the years, and yet it did not mean that I was not carrying the illness after and during nursing them.

My 14 yro got the flu or threw up for the first time in his life last year, it was actually hilarious, he was so loud and comical about it all the while crying and making jiggling noises as he Ralphed.

My children have never had an earache, have only vomited a time or two from illness and have never taken a flu shot.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar

Right on.

17 years ago I did a poll at work (healthcare) to see how many people took the seasonal flu shot and how many did not.

Those who took it, spent more time off for not only the flu but also other illness that I felt were directly related to a compromised immune system.

They keep making claims this year on the local news about this years vaccines not being made strong enough and that is why almost everyone who took the shot have been sick with not only the flu, but upper respiratory illness.

I know I know I am singing to the choir here, but I just wanted to join in the discussion from my perspective.

You have to consider though, do the people who have a compromised immune system take the shot because their immune system is compromised? Does the shot actually help them and for some reason they somehow know it is flawed? I can tell you for sure that I don't need the shot and found this out from getting extremely sick from the shot. I never felt I needed the shot in the first place, but got talked into it, something nobody will ever do again. What I experienced was terrible, if the flu is like that, I can see why people get the shots.

My grandchildren have been to the doctors many times over the last few years for viruses similar to the flu. They started testing about two years. The ten to twelve times they were tested for flu like symptoms the tests came back negative, it was a virus but not a flu virus. They don't take flu shots, they all get lousy reactions to them too. Yet, they didn't get the flu while others with the shot they were in contact did have the flu.

But their systems overreact to all sorts of viruses, sort of an autoimmune issue I suppose. I wonder if these viruses they fight are actually harmful? Just because we fight them doesn't mean they will hurt us either. From what I have read, a lot of viruses that are harmful are out there living in people, bothering some while symbiotic with others.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Right now in So California, if you go to Disneyland you could
get the measles. According to the MSN that is, whether or not
you've been immunized. And it's all because of the amount
of people who are refusing to have their kids immunized.
This is exactly the kind of dumbass, stupid reporting that
confirms to me a large scale intrusive effort to conspire a
conformity of at least the lazy thinkers. No two ways about it.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I also read that once you take flu shots for a few years that you lost natural immunity and needed to take the vaccines or risk a higher chance of getting the flu.

Well, I dunno. I thought this would be the case myself, just makes sense to me, but we had a different experience this year.

My husband always gets the flu shot, has for the last 8 years he has worked for his company. But, (Thanks Oobama) they are no longer giving the flu shots for free. So this year he did not get one.

When I fell ill with the flu and the baby tested positive I figured the hubs would be next but it tore through everyone else in the family and he did not get a single sniffle. Even some family members with flu shots got it, but hubs was unaffected.

Just an interesting personal observation.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

S&
Nobody knows how the immune system(s) work, which means imho, nobody should presume to mess with it. That said, here's an interesting note: I have a disease with a low-level autoimmune component and never caught any flu, colds etc through most of my life. One of my doctors explained that my immune system was always on high alert - so nothing got through (except my underlying disease). Now that I'm older though, I seem to be kinda susceptible to whatever comes along, but if I minimize my exposure I don't get too sick.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow
a reply to: antar

S&
Nobody knows how the immune system(s) work, which means imho, nobody should presume to mess with it. That said, here's an interesting note: I have a disease with a low-level autoimmune component and never caught any flu, colds etc through most of my life. One of my doctors explained that my immune system was always on high alert - so nothing got through (except my underlying disease). Now that I'm older though, I seem to be kinda susceptible to whatever comes along, but if I minimize my exposure I don't get too sick.

Seems to me that staying away from places where there are a lot of sick people is what a person should do. There aren't any sick people at the flu shot clinics or in doctors offices.

My issues are almost all autoimmune, my immune system gets riled up and attacks me. I learned if I kind of deprive it of sugar I do better. No use giving it dentures so it can chew on me more.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
There is another concept to immunity research is just beginning to understand. Viral latency. They are realizing getting some of the benign childhood illnesses like varicella actually protects young children from other infections like listeria. The virus goes dormant in the nervous system and fights off/blocks or somehow otherwise prevents listeria infection. There in my opinion is a reason why mist if the illnesses we vaccinate our kids for are not deadly and are so common. They not only stimulate our immune response but they actually stay with us long after the infection protecting us in ways we still don't understand. Viral latency is fascinating.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Shhhh...I see sheeple...and they want a magic cure all without having to actually suffer any undue effects that might cause their social standing to falter...

-NF

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

Waaay to cherry pick!!! AWESOME!!!

-NF

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
What a fascinating thread to read and learn, the only thing that comes to my limited knowledge is that when you read the local news, or watch the tv news (god help you). Keep in mind it is not the flu if it is not laboratory confirmed and quite a few numbers are tossed out there in the fear monger news without Laboratory backup.

I have been so sick to the point I just think its the flu yet less than two days later all is good. But they (the media) love to throw stats around about how many people have died or are infected with the flu virus. Rarely if ever they mention Lab confirmed.
A personal observation here, I have noticed a huge reduction of articles in our local news about where and how to get your free flu shot. It got to the point last year I was sure you could get your coffee and muffin at Tim Hortons and get the shot while you wait all for free!

Regards, Iwinder
edit on 17-1-2015 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Right now in So California, if you go to Disneyland you could
get the measles. According to the MSN that is, whether or not
you've been immunized. And it's all because of the amount
of people who are refusing to have their kids immunized.
This is exactly the kind of dumbass, stupid reporting that
confirms to me a large scale intrusive effort to conspire a
conformity of at least the lazy thinkers. No two ways about it.

Amen! I couldn't have said it better. I don't get this trend to not want to immunize your kids. To not have your children immunized constitutes child abuse in my opinion.

As for the flu shot, yes I got it, just like I do every year. People who have gotten sick did not get their flu shot. Yeah, so it was only 23% effective, but it did work for me. Also, older people and people who have heart disease and that should always get a flu and pneumonia shot every year, as they may have weaker immune systems.

This whole anti vaccine thing comes out of the woodwork on a regular basis, and it's a bunch of bs. I've said it before and will say it again: Would you want your child to wind up with polio? Think about that before believing stupid twit celebrities who make ridiculous debunked claims that vaccines cause autism. Okay, I'm off my soapbox for now.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: Prezbo369

From your link....

People who receive flu vaccines year after year can sometimes show reduced protection

But yeah, encourage the spread of ignorance and increase the chances of people (especially the young and old) dying.....GJ!

Big Pharma is that you?

Even the CDC has admitted that this year's flu vaccine is practically worthless so people took all the risks and were injected with toxic mercury for nothing. I am all for vaccines against devastating diseases like polio, but risks posed by vaccines for more minor illnesses like chicken pox, mumps and the flu are questionable.

The sad facts are just about everything that big Pharma. is pumping out, have the same questionable, efficacy. That's what happens when they lobby and buy their way in. Even the Docs are getting brainwashed to tow the party line.

(post by MiddleClassWhiteBoy removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Personal anecdote.
Since the strongly suggested introduction of immunisation for said fluse...I have been the only individual in my immediate and incidental family and friends, who has NOT had a flu of any description, at any time of the year, under threat of any superbug or otherwise (and I am of the suggested recipient age)...I don't know what to believe, but my own straw poll has told me that if I don't want a flu, I should not get 'immunised' against something I am NOT, and have been the only one to NOT get...personal anecdotes extends to any person with whom I discuss this issue with who also has NOT had the shot since its strongly suggested recommendation - and you guessed it, they neither have had ANY fluse either...I still don't know what to believe - except I'm the one continually comforting those who have had the jabs and ARE getting these fluse...and I don't really care that I don't know what to believe...

Å99

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
These are my three favorite quotes from the article:

"This was a unique finding in a unique context of dramatically mismatched vaccine to novel pandemic influenza virus," [Skowronski] said.

So don't over-generalize from these findings.

In the 10 years since the B.C. lab invented more sensitive ways to conduct this type of sophisticated immune research, there’s never been an increase in flu illness among those vaccinated compared with the unvaccinated. ... Regardless of previous vaccination history, flu shots did protect against flu infections requiring medical care, Huong McLean of the Marshfield Clinic Research Foundation and her colleagues concluded in a September online issue of the journal Clinical Infectious Diseases.

The influenza vaccine is effective. If you get it, you have some (not perfect) protection.

"I think it's reasonable that currently the recommendation is to continue, for instance, especially for people who are at high risk, immediate risk of hospitalization or death … For these people, there is a clear and present and real threat that they need to deal with and vaccine is the best way," Skowronski said.

Even the person who discovered this effect is telling you to go get your flu shot.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join