It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US to deploy 400 troops to train Syrian rebels

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Ahh.. uncle scams new year gift to IS - trainers and new equipment .. not to mention yet another violation of international law by the u.s ..

It's the old bait and switch; saying you are going to train "moderate" rebels to help fight against IS. No, they're training more IS to go after Assad to topple Syria. Why is it that even after airstrikes IS is gaining ground?

US policy is easy to figure out - just reverse what they are saying to find the truth.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

OMG not again does the USA never learn???

How much does it take for a moderate rebel to become extremist? pretty little by the look of things once they get into the field.

Please USA keep you nose out of interfering in Syria - what have the syrians done to you personally that you think you should be interfering in their government - what possible reason and it has to do with either assets or israel - so own up to the truth and let the world into you murky secrets. You will end up so hated with your allies pis--d off as all you create is extremists that we are all sick of.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: LittleGreenAlien
The stupidity of the U.S. government ceases to amaze me.

Guaranteed it will come back to bite the U.S. government and its people on their collective asses!

I have to agree.

I was going to start a thread on this but only found the PP source and its link to HERE

According to this source 3,000 US trained rebels in Syria have DEFECTED to ISIS.

I will be curious if more develops from this story.

Up to 3,000 Free Syrian Army (FSA) fighters have defected from the organization and given ba’yah (religious payment; servitude) to the self-proclaimed Caliph of the Islamic State of Iraq and Al-Sham (ISIS), Sheikh Ibrahim Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi, in the Qalamoun Mountains of the Rif Dimashq Governorate – these fighters belonged to multiple brigades that formed the conglomeration of the FSA.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I been thinking about this IS/ISIS name thing. I keep noticing that they (media/politicians/etc) call them one or the other in each individual report but never seem to cross them over. Now, I'm a big fan of the power of words and so what I've come to thinking is this - ISIS is a western group of mercs being used to divert all public attention into the 'terrorist' perspective. Funded by the West, trained by the West for western political motives and strategies.

On the other hand IS is a backlash of rag tag 'insurgents', 'terrorists' and people who have had their lives utterly destroyed by western intervention in their lives and have decided enough is enough and decided they want their own place free from western aggressive intervention.

I'm not denying they were funded by west/Israel to destabilise the area, i mean, what did we expect when we created a power vacuum? There's always someone funding the madness and this has west/Israel intelligence written all over it. But there seems to be an actual need for an Islamic state. Why shouldn't there be? And why are we surprised they hate us after the way we stole their pocket money and gave them a wedgy and flushed their head in toilet?

But back to my actual point, isis is a western acronym of ISIL which is a western translation of an Arabic name that escapes me at the mo. Forget the occult connection of the name ISIS is what we call western Muslims who go to fight over there and come back to scare us all and get used by the establishment.

Just a thought
edit on 17-1-2015 by cArLoSCuBsTaR because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-1-2015 by cArLoSCuBsTaR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Seems pretty obvious that US politicians are the most stupid people on Earth. Even the spoils of greed can't justify the actions they are doing in the name of what ever it is.

Wasted lessons.

I think the politicians are just doing what they are told by the Military/Industrial complex the real and true force behind everything that happens in America and to it's citizens/taxpayers.

America is in the business of war. We wouldn't want those that profit from blood and lives to suffer any hardship for their stockholders!!

This is just the beginning....Can you hear the drums of war, the fear machine singing loud and clear, "We must protect the homeland" mantra!
edit on 17-1-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: roadgravel
Seems pretty obvious that US politicians are the most stupid people on Earth. Even the spoils of greed can't justify the actions they are doing in the name of what ever it is.

Wasted lessons.

I think the politicians are just doing what they are told by the Military/Industrial complex the real and true force behind everything that happens in America and to it's citizens/taxpayers.

America is in the business of war. We wouldn't want those that profit from blood and lives to suffer any hardship for their stockholders!!

This is just the beginning....Can you hear the drums of war, the fear machine singing loud and clear, "We must protect the homeland" mantra!

Loud and clear.....unfortunately

I wish I could see behind the curtain just once to see the reality of who is pulling the strings and controlling THE grand plan, if there is one.

I have my theories but that is all any of us have for sure..

Although if I did see the whole 'truth' I think I may have preferred to take the blue pill.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

The problem of Assad could have been dealt with in any number of ways - long ago. It wasn't the kind of problem most people cared about until now - and now it's too late

Here we go...

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
All part of the PLAN.......nothing to see here move along.........

Arm the resistance, train them. If they don't play ball later, you rinse and repeat. Sounds legit.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
As usual, "Good soldiers are front liners." They'll be sent for sure. When they start getting shot at, they will wonder what it is happening and it'll be too late for them.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
As usual, "Good soldiers are front liners." They'll be sent for sure. When they start getting shot at, they will wonder what it is happening and it'll be too late for them.

Except we'll use the indigenous people first.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
This isn't a stupid or foolish move on the part of the US government. It's a very deliberate move. Mark my words the UK government are going to announce something similar in the next couple of days. Do you know why? Because when David Cameron and President Obama met up recently, it was to be told what they were going to do next. Like a good set of little boys. Much like Blair and Bush when they used to go and hold hands together.

It didn't work with the Mujahiadeen. It didn't work with al Qaeda (same thing I suppose). It didn't work in Vietnam. It didn't work in Iran. It never worked in Libya. It never worked in Afghanistan.. Again. It never worked in Iraq..again.

Or then again, did it all actually work perfectly and we just didn't get to see the real set of blueprints?

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Read 'Syrian Rebels' as ISIS troops

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join