It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Government Just Shutdown a Bigfoot Researcher.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Bigfoot has always been one of my favorite subjects. Unfortunately, over the years I've become pretty jaded on any bigfoot stories or "proof". Same goes with UFOs. Still, very now and then I come across stories like this one that peak my interest. Hope to hear more.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: charles911
Bigfoot might be a Government operative .
Or an experiment gone bad.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: pez1975
the government has a massive amounts of helicopters with super sensitive FLIR cams do you not think they can not see them running in the woods at night when they fly over why do u never see these investigators doing this with a copter with flir cams that would be the way to find them imo not walking the woods in the middle of the night banging on trees

Some people are mounting thermal cameras to drones, but it isn't that effective when using cheap thermal imagers with a cheap drone with a limited flight time of minutes. Although the cost of thermal imaging has recently gone down. You can now get a thermal imager for just $200, although the resolution will not be that great, but still more effective than nightvision scopes. Sure a real helicopter and a $40,000 zoomable thermal imager would be great but not many can afford that. With that setup you would probably find one pretty quick, but then what?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: charles911

Could be the government version of Chewbacca.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I definitely think Big Foot could exist. The best debunking I've heard are baby cubs because they often are on 2 feet more so than full grown bear. However we are still discovering new life all over the globe and on the show Finding Bigfoot, there are so many claims by witnesses that I find rather interesting, and we have footprint casts to top it off. So great thread S+F.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Firstly, I am a Karl 12 fan, but not much of a bigfoot fan. Just don't buy it.

But when I joined ATS, there was a poster on here, who thought Bigfoot was Cain, from the old testament (he killed his brother, which was reportedly the first murder). I thought it was interesting, clearly after these years because I still remember it.

I think her reasoning came from this verse:

Genesis 4.10

10 The Lord said, “What have you done? Listen! Your brother’s blood cries out to me from the ground. 11 Now you are under a curse and driven from the ground, which opened its mouth to receive your brother’s blood from your hand. 12 When you work the ground, it will no longer yield its crops for you. You will be a restless wanderer on the earth.

edit on 1/17/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong with leaving bigfoot alone.

No one likes to be photographed without giving consent.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
If you've read the 411 books it's not hard to think the fed could be a part of a cover up.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
One reason, and maybe the most important one that government would have in keeping this quiet and silenced, is because an announcement that these things are really real and existing would disturb quite a few status quo and academic standards that say it doesn't exist. If they do, then it upsets several accepted and taught anthropological beliefs that those at the top of our knowledge institutions already know the history of ALL earth hominid species.

Same for giant skeletons and other anomalous discoveries by anthropologists in Florida and other places.

Seems very petty, but then a lot of discredit could be levied against these institutions who are part of our authoritarian systems of control, and they fear that with the loss of their credibility and even basic reliability, would come the loss of subservience by the population to that control system which keeps them above the public at large and keeps them at the top beyond being questionable. Hence the subsequent ridicule and the silencing of researchers who step over the line.

Seek and ye shall find.
Find the wrong thing and ye shall be silenced.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

I remember that post as well. I think it
also mentioned a confirming conversation an old timer
in the eighteen hundreds had with " A large hairy naked
man". The large nudist as I recall, was going the same
direction as the man on the wagon trail and when asked
who are you? The old man was answered, " I am a wanderer".
And left alone to finish his journey.

Good stuff for sure.

edit on Rpm11715v042015u49 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Has anyone found Bob Garretts "torn up camp" video? I've been searching, and it seems there aren't any reuploads of it. The little bit that I did see was pretty interesting..

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Freezer

I too would love to see the video in question. I'm on the fence when it comes to big foot. On one hand, there are animal species we're discovering, or re-discovering animals once thought extinct. Yet, on the other hand many of the sightings come from well populated areas which would lead me to assume that finding more evidence of bigfoot would yield more results.

I've always wanted to create a small blimp with rigging on the bottom that could hover silently, anchored to a tree or spike in the ground and just leave it rolling for days on end with a plethora of cameras and audio equipment. Not only for bigfoot, but to get an aerial view of animal life. I've even gone as far as mocking one up through autocad.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

I remember that post as well. I think it

also mentioned a confirming conversation an old timer

in the eighteen hundreds had with " A large hairy naked

man". The large nudist as I recall, was going the same

direction as the man on the wagon trail and when asked

who are you? The old man was answered, " I am a wanderer".

And left alone to finish his journey.

Good stuff for sure.

WOW that is good stuff.
I am glad ladtinwaiting brought it up again.
I had nver heard of that before.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freezer
Has anyone found Bob Garretts "torn up camp" video? I've been searching, and it seems there aren't any reuploads of it. The little bit that I did see was pretty interesting..

So there was a video? The OP says that he was charged by something "large, hairy and humanoid" at said camp sight. Does this mean he was taking video when he was charged by this...thing? Or am I to assume that he video'd the camp sight but for some (perhaps convenient reason) he stopped recording or wasn't recording whenever he was allegedly attacked by the "large hairy humanoid"?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: pez1975

I agree. I've seen "dogman" but bigfoot's basically the same sort of thing. The fact that the government has acknowledged them--and the fact that countless people have seen something--convinces me that they are indeed real and here. I just don't think the government wants the info to be mainstream because people would freak the f out.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I think the show mountain monsters has taken the hunt for these creatures as far as it can be taken. the episode revengence was crazy. My point is that if these guys are faking stuff then they deserve oscars.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22

originally posted by: charles911
Or an experiment gone bad.

Sasquatch/Yeti sighting have been occurring since long before man understood genetics. I find that theory a little rough around the edges.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Sounds like a good showman.
What better way to build hype than to shut down and go off the grid after announcing a discovery. He doesn't have to face scrutiny on his recent claims and speculation with no answers is all that remains.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
I think the show mountain monsters has taken the hunt for these creatures as far as it can be taken. the episode revengence was crazy. My point is that if these guys are faking stuff then they deserve oscars.

Please tell me you're joking/being sarcastic or talking about a different show! Mountain Monsters is, by far, the biggest joke of a cryptid show I've ever seen. It makes Finding Bigfoot look legit. Buncha Duck Dynasty hillbillies running around in the dark with shotguns, building gigantic Tom and Jerry-esque traps to catch werewolves and demon cats and trolls...

And surprise surprise, in every single episode they find the beast they're looking for, but never manage to catch it with their giant cage traps, never get a clear shot of it on video and never hit it with their shots. They don't deserve Oscars, they deserve to be booted off TV! /rant over I just really hate those blatantly fake, terrible acting job "reality" shows that make a big joke out of legitimate, interesting subjects.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Charizard

originally posted by: Freezer

So there was a video? The OP says that he was charged by something "large, hairy and humanoid" at said camp sight. Does this mean he was taking video when he was charged by this...thing? Or am I to assume that he video'd the camp sight but for some (perhaps convenient reason) he stopped recording or wasn't recording whenever he was allegedly attacked by the "large hairy humanoid"?

The video was labelled "torn up camp" where he comes across a campsite which has been destroyed. I think the incident where he was charged was a different instance. This video here shows just a glimpse of it, at around 1:06 minutes in.
youtu.be...
edit on 17-1-2015 by Freezer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join