It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of the biggest reasons i find the bible so hard to believe

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rex282

originally posted by: LongishLongo
How the hell could i never have been a christian? A christian is someone who worships jesus christ am i right? Which i did for the first 18 years of my life
a reply to: WarminIndy

Yes you were are Christian however what is important is now you are not a Christian.Christianity is not truth.Christians do not know the creator God they believe in the God of "their religion" and that's all it is.Christianity is death and has no life in it.It is a religion (with a multitude of sects) that worships and believes in a false God.

Really? Can you show me how I am dead?

And before we get to the false GOD (which you capitalize, meaning you acknowledge Him), please tell us what a real god is.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy

How the hell could i never have been a christian? A christian is someone who worships jesus christ am i right? Which i did for the first 18 years of my life

Yes you were are Christian however what is important is now you are not a Christian.Christianity is not truth.Christians do not know the creator God they believe in the God of "their religion" and that's all it is.Christianity is death and has no life in it.It is a religion (with a multitude of sects) that worships and believes in a false God.

And before we get to the false GOD (which you capitalize, meaning you acknowledge Him), please tell us what a real god is.

I've told you before I won't be answering your questions because you have zero desire to know the answer because your sole purpose to asks the legion of questions you ask are to propagate and justify your false beliefs.That is death.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Cyas in Hell!

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: LongishLongo

A good question, but you're looking at it the wrong way.

The Almighty is creating priests - Exodus 19:5 & 6 and Revelation 5:9 & 10, but it is a process much like planting seeds, nurturing the growing crops to maturity, harvesting and threshing to get to the kernel which is the only part of any value. These are the Elect / Saints.

The Almighty does know the beginning and the end, and some of the crop will become perished, much like rubber perishes, and is good for nothing but to be thrown away. These are the ones in direct opposition to Him who will face His wrath and be thrown into the Lake of Fire and Brimstone.

Everyone else will be resurrected and judged by their works. Revelation 20:11-15.

Read wesley.nnu.edu...

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

What's the penalty for apostasy in Christianity? None.

Xtianity does indeed have a penalty for apostasy. "God" just waits til you die for the sentence to begin. Which varies, depending on the sect of Xtianity one is beholden to.

Big difference when one is the hand of a islamic man/woman prior to death and judgement by ones creator after...

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
One word freewill. Each and every person makes their own choices so to say that God created you just to send you to hell is not true.How did you become a Christian and how did you unbecome a Christian?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Where is the religion that says Have Fun People, Enjoy Life I want that one.

That's satanism. "Do what thou wilt is the whole of the law."

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

What do you think of when you think of God or his image? Jesus on the cross correct? So you associate God and his image with death because Jesus on the cross is a sacrifice and sacrifice means death.

You subconsciously associate God with death, but God is life. What let's you know (more than anything else) that you are alive? The image of light that you see the world with. When you first wake up what is the first thing you do? You open your eyes and your brain creates an image of light in the form of your bedroom and home. That is the image that verifies you are alive, it is the true light of life, not some guy hanging half dead on a cross.

You are worshipping a false image of death and not the true image of life. That in a way makes you dead inside because you associate life with death.

edit on 1/17/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Excuse me if I am wrong, but aren't there as many atheists who prefer "my way or the highway" and don't they go around skewering everyone who isn't atheist?

"as many" as there are Xtians? There's no comparison. Do those atheists/anti-theists exist, and are they growing in numbers? Absolutely. And I predict they will continue to grow in number. They will continue to grow more outspoken, and they will become more militant over the next several years. The ultra-agressive spread of Xtianity throughout the world over the past 2000 years has finally helped to create a monster they will find hard to contain. And that monster will become more agressive than xtianity was, and still is in some places.

It's a shame really. Because I don't agree with anti-theists. I think everyone should have the freedom to believe as they will, as long as they aren't proselytizing others. But that isn't going to change, at least among fundamentalists. "The great commission" and all. Unfortunately, atheists have had to become as vocal about their non-belief, as xtians are about their belief. Leading many xtians to stereotype those atheists as anti-theist. Whatever the case, I see a clash coming, and it isn't going to be pretty. Though I'd prefer to be wrong about that.
edit on 1/17/2015 by Klassified because: Edits

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

Big difference when one is the hand of a islamic man/woman prior to death and judgement by ones creator after...

You're right. The Islamic man/woman can only kill the body. The xtian god has promised to murder your soul as well.
Matthew 10 (Jesus speaking)

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Hebrews 10...

It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

So who is the worse murderer? Islam? Or the xtian god himself?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

Not quite the same though, is it NOTur? It's a bit of a stretch to equate the two.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Before we were here we had spirit bodies. We came to this Earth so we could gain experience and a body (which would help us feel and understand things that would otherwise be impossible for us to know).

Yes God knows everything about us and our futures, but we are supposed to go through this life learning from our experiences and from those around us.
edit on PMSat, 17 Jan 2015 20:38:47 -060012015Saturday1762015115 by ArnoldNonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

Not quite the same though, is it NOTur? It's a bit of a stretch to equate the two.

But it is typical of die hard religious believers.

"If you don't believe exactly as I do, then you are evil and worship satan. My beliefs are what everyone must believe!"

Just what I would expect from a reply.

There are no happy religions. It seems there is a belief that we can not have a good time, enjoy life and be kind to others.

The only way to be religious is to save yourself from the evils of having some fun.

P

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Rex282

You have interesting posts, I'd enjoy a thread by you

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: snypwsd

Interesting.. What I find hard to believe is Adam and his kids lived to be several hundred years old.. Why are we not living to several hundred years?
Not to mention incest….noah went there too.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy

I've told you before I won't be answering your questions because you have zero desire to know the answer because your sole purpose to asks the legion of questions you ask are to propagate and justify your false beliefs.That is death.

Can you prove my beliefs are false?

You are right, I have zero desire to listen to someone who can't give answers anyway. But you claim my beliefs are false, justify your statement.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

What do you think of when you think of God or his image? Jesus on the cross correct? So you associate God and his image with death because Jesus on the cross is a sacrifice and sacrifice means death.

You subconsciously associate God with death, but God is life. What let's you know (more than anything else) that you are alive? The image of light that you see the world with. When you first wake up what is the first thing you do? You open your eyes and your brain creates an image of light in the form of your bedroom and home. That is the image that verifies you are alive, it is the true light of life, not some guy hanging half dead on a cross.

You are worshipping a false image of death and not the true image of life. That in a way makes you dead inside because you associate life with death.

We had this conversation before. Did not Jesus defeat death?

The preaching of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing. So if you deny the preaching of the cross, because it is foolishness to you, then the Bible classifies you as perishing.

But Jesus said "He that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live".

By that, Jesus mentions death how many times? How many parables does He use to explain death? But the death is not just to be dead, but that it brings about life. As a seed must die before it grows, it must die when planted.

There seems to be one narrow view of death, but there are deaths that bring life.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
man religion threads go off topic in a nano second.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Is atheism a new thing or has it been around for several thousand years?

This current trend of atheism isn't new, it's just popular. You watch, they'll get tired of it and go back to desiring spirituality.

Mankind has that desire, it is built into the human being. As much as people want to deny it, the human desires it. Even great paintings and works of art, music, film, all of that answers a spiritual need and desire within the human heart.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot

What's the penalty for apostasy in Christianity? None.

Xtianity does indeed have a penalty for apostasy. "God" just waits til you die for the sentence to begin. Which varies, depending on the sect of Xtianity one is beholden to.

Perhaps you like the Viking, Mayan or Brahman Hinduism versions better?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join