It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RNC cuts primary debates down to 9; CNN to host up to 3

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Looks like the RNC are taking extra precautions these 2016 elections. They've cut their debate line by more than half (22 in the last elections). Well that sucks... The Republican debates are always fun to watch, it's a circus. Sorry but I find the democratic debates typically boring:

The Republican National Committee announced Friday plans to sanction nine GOP primary debates, with the possibility of adding three more if necessary, the latest effort by party leaders to gain more control over how their 2016 presidential nominee is chosen.

edition.cnn.com...

I think it's a smart move but personally disappointed. Regardless I'll still be keeping up to date with all the debates as I am sure they'll be amusing as usual. There's no official schedule for the Democratic debates, yet.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Hopefully CNN's Candy Chrowley will be in an accident before 2016 rolls around.

A plan crash just might do the trick...

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granite

Why's that? I actually like Candy Chrowley. Not sure what's so bad about her in hosting the debates.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
This is basically how the mainstream Republicans are trying to fight back against the Tea Party. They don't want their candidates to have to move to extremes in the primary and then try to make another huge shift to actually be electable in the general.

Too bad too, I'm not sure how the democratic process is improved by having less debate and giving the candidates less time to be seen by the voters.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Less debates, less exposure. Less exposure, less nausea. Less nausea, less Tums.

Aren't we tired of old man pageants anyway? They're all crusty with outdated mind sets clinging onto self righteousness.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Do the debates matter?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Do the debates matter?

No peoples minds are made up long before 'debates'.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

originally posted by: Granite

Why's that? I actually like Candy Chrowley. Not sure what's so bad about her in hosting the debates.

Candy Crowley left CNN last month...CNN is not really a news org anymore. Expect the debate to be heavily filtered questions from twitter like "Do you any pets" and "what is your favorite ice cream".

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: beezzer

Do the debates matter?

No peoples minds are made up long before 'debates'.

I don't know...there was a moment there when Pres. Obama bombed against Romney when it looked like he had a chance of losing.

9 debates will be enough given who is running and considering that the GOP is splintered and not playing nice with one another.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Wednesday, September 16, 2015

CNN is counting on having millions of sheep watching their Commercials tonight. They've been faking concern and empathy for the GOP, Reagan, Veteran's causes, etc.. all week.

Show advertisers that CNN ripped them off when the network charged them up to $200,000 @ minute for their advertising tonight. Change the channel while the commercials are aired, and watch another network's post-debate analysis. Cable and Satellite companies track this behavior and make it available to advertisers, the networks, et.al..

top topics

join