It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm getting engaged :)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Congrats!

Ok dude, now the wedding... Mine was a year ago, so it's still pretty fresh in my mind...

Advice:

1. Have the bride get one of those Wedding Organizers...those things are a godsend.

2. Pick and reserve the location first...EVERYTHING depends on the location, it's decor, conditions, etc.

3. Start on all of this about a year prior to the event, at the very least 6 months.

4. Whatever you do, hire a professional photographer, not a friend, etc.

5. Whatever you do, hire a professional DJ, not a friend, etc.

6. Register, Register, Register!!! But not too many places, more than 3 is probably too much.

7. Go to bridal shows. You can often win freebie stuff, not to mention, you'll be able to shop many different vendors/services in one location at one time.

8. Include a map with the invitation, and make sure to state where you are registered.

9. Understand that your bride, maybe you as well, are going to be a nervous wreck for the week and day leading up to the wedding.

10. Know your budget....from the get-go. Stay within it. Find out what the standards are (for DJ, photographer, etc. for a good one).

11. Remember that outdoor weddings are subject to bad weather. I'd highly recommend an indoor wedding. Mine was outside, and it was cold and rainy.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join