It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stem Cell Therapy Gordie Howe-Simply Amazing!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
So this hockey legend Gordie Howe 86 had some serious health issues which due to naturally his age and a series of strokes put him in dire straits...his family ended up networking with a California Stem Cell Company who's doctors happen to be big hockey fans...he was sent to a Mexico hospital that worked with the California Company, fast foward today and there is noted improvements...

Howe, gravely ill at the time, underwent the treatment on Dec. 8 in San Diego.

"As a family, we are thrilled that Dad's quality of life has greatly improved, and his progress has exceeded our greatest expectations," the Howe family said Friday in a news release in which it thanked a legion of fans praying for its father's recovery. "Once again, we cannot emphasize how much you have fueled Mr. Hockey's recovery, and we thank everyone for their continued prayers and support."

The neural stem cells were injected into the spinal canal on Day 1 and mesenchymal stem cells by intravenous infusion on Day 2, according to the release.

Just five days later, Howe was walking unaided and even taking part in daily household chores, according to the release.
When tested, his ability to name items has gone from less than 25 percent before the procedure to 85 percent today, the release said.

Can you imagine the implications if one could somehow clean his or her own stemcells to use at home? People do dialysis at home..why not stem cells??? It's kind of a stretch but my god the implications would be wonderful!

TextStemedica is a biotechnology company that manufactures allogeneic adult stem cells in its U.S. government-licensed, cGMP facility in San Diego. Although no relation, Dr. Howe and his brothers -

TextNovastem is conducting federally licensed and Institutional Review Board-approved clinical trials for several medical conditions, including stroke, using Stemedica's stem cell products.

This is exciting stuff...

Link
edit on 16-1-2015 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-1-2015 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Wow, this does sound promising! I am happy for him and his family.

It sure would be great to be able to get that when we feel run down and in need of a physical redressing or upgrade. Let's hope it's available to those who need it, not just to those with multi financial assets.

edit on 16-1-2015 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: aboutface that is good news, glad gordie is doing better...we will see down the pike , but this really sounds like a good thing.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

Unbelievable! This is simply astounding. Thank you so much for sharing.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
You’re right on, chrismarco, this is exciting stuff!

It’s amazing the advances being made in the areas of bio-tech, genetics, stem cell research, etc. I was watching a TEDTalks video a couple weeks ago on the topic of “Are We Evolving Into A Different Species?”. The speaker, Juan Enriquez, was really good, and he presented some fascinating (mind blowing) information on advances in the areas of genetics and stem cell research. At around 9:20 into the vid he talks about some research done in China that blew me away. They were able to take skin cells from a mouse, treat it with a few chemicals and turn the skin cells into a stem cells. They then let the stem cells grow, and from that created a full copy of the donor mouse. I’d recommend the vid to anyone interested. You can view it HERE.

I have a feeling by the end of the century, if not sooner, we’ll be able to create a living, breathing subspecies of human with any genetic makeup we choose. Unfortunately, the other side to that coin is the technology could be used for nefarious purposes, as well. Just imagine if Hitler could have had this tool to build his perfect race? It’s like Einstein discovering the relationship e=mc2 only to have it demonstrated to the world at Hiroshimo and Nagasaki with the detonation of the first atomic bombs. This followed and saddened Einstein greatly all the way to his grave.

Anyway, I’ll bet there are currently all sorts of treatments/cures for major diseases out there that we may never see on the market. There’s too much big money and deep pockets tied to the medical and Pharmaceutical industries to jeopardize it with life saving treatments. In certain circles it pays to keep us sick and miserable til our dying day.

So much for my macabre and dismal assessment.
Thanks for the thread, chrismarco. It was great!

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Good for Howe. I didn't even know he was alive. Maybe with enough stem cells in the right places he can make a hockey comeback, along with his two sons. Back on the ice, Gordie, Give 'em Howe.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Cartistem is manufactured from mesenchymal stem cells derived from allogeneic (donor) umbilical cord blood. Umbilical cord blood is a readily accessible source of high-quality stem cells, is associated with minimal health risks and carries relatively few ethical concerns.

The stem cells are mixed with hyaluronan, a natural polymer that plays a major role in wound healing and is a building block of joint cartilage. Cartistem is surgically administered into the area of cartilage damage following an arthroscopic surgery as an adjunct to microfracture, a commonly used technique used to repair cartilage damage.

The two-year, phase I/IIa study will enroll a total of 12 participants aged 18 years and older, with a body mass index of less than 35. Initially, six individuals with lesions sized 2 to 5 centimeters will be recruited into the study; an additional six volunteers with lesions larger than 5 centimeters will be enrolled sequentially. Each participant will undergo eligibility screening followed by a 12-month observation period to determine the safety and efficacy of the drug with an additional long-term follow-up evaluation at 24 months.

Source

This is out of Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

I would like to see them cure type 1 diabetes with these sorts of treatments. Now that they do not require embryonic stem cells, why is it that these types of therapies are not coming to the USA? The biggest word that big-pharma fears is the word CURE. The thing is if diseases were cured, the medical system would still have plenty of people left to cure. There are so many unhealthy Americans, but why not cure the people that do not even have a choice whether to be healthy, because they are so unhealthy by nature....

I hope to see diabetes cured before I die. It is such a small wish, with over $250 billion going to diabetes treatment each year. Just imagine for a minute how much farther the USA would be if it got rid of costly medical programs that are inferior to the cures? A healthy nation is always more powerful than a nation full of disabled sick people!

Chronic (recurring) medical illnesses should not be seen as a means of profit. Cures are far more profitable. It's my body, I WANT IT CURED. That's the problem in the world today. They treat the body like it belongs to the nation where you live, and it is controlled by entities outside of yourself.

How much money would the government make getting people cured? I can see a lot of the people on social security disability being able to return back to work, with effective cures.

Still we hear about all this technology, and how it helps person x or person y. The US economy would be AT LEAST 3 trillion less in debt if these problems were fixed. When will they wake up to the reality?

I hope I live to see the FDA approve treatments like these for all the people they COULD help. So what if they don't make money on "products with side effects"? The people that lose their disabilities could contribute so much to the burgeoning economy!

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: InFriNiTee

Don't get me wrong. I am very glad that Gordon got cured. I am still wondering how many others with his condition will be able to receive this treatment? There are so many cures that are not available to the public...

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: InFriNiTee

Millions but if it means Gordie getting the subject matter front and center than it's fine by me...he's essentially the guinea pig at this point..I do see where you are coming from.

top topics

join