It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do they (islamic terrorists) hate us (u.s. and the west) and what do we do about it?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimTSpock

The most recent attack, Paris, was not motivated by western intervention in the middle east but by a cartoon. Western intervention in the middle east is part of it but I think there is more to it, western support of Israel, Israel vs palestine, Arab Israeli wars, Islamic states and Islamic extremism will automatically be opposed to many other systems and countries due to their ideology and more. There are a lot of factors. Also different culture, values, ideology, religion, system of government to western countries and muslim immigration to the west and failure to fit in or assimilate in a foreign culture and country. Then there is the religion itself of Islam which at it's core has an element of extremism which opposes all other systems of religion or government and the goal to create Islamic states with Islamic laws governed by the Quran.

I think that most of the posters that are echoing my thoughts would agree with you about all of the factors that you listed being involved. Western intervention did and does play a big part, though, by setting the stage. Tinkering with their politics, spilling a lot of Middle Eastern blood along the way, for well over half a century now. How many families, in each microcosm, destroyed? How many people they knew, killed? Many of whom likely had nothing to do with it and were in the wrong place at the wrong time. How must those people see the west?

On the other hand I've met Middle Eastern Americans who wish the US would hurry up and get around to their country and "straighten things out". I would almost personally be in favor of a more human rights based argument for going over there, being there. I just don't see what gives us the right. We don't allow such things in the US as they are unconstitutional, but that's not the same as trying to project our ideals into that nation. It's a violation of that nation's sovreignty, and therefore wrong, however well intentioned, in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   

why do they (islamic terrorists) hate us (u.s. and the west) and what do we do about it?

If they didn't hate us for something, they'd be hating each other. That's the nature of abrahamic religions ... there has to be an enemy that they are fighting so the religion has a purpose. If the West suddenly disappeared, they'd be fighting and killing each other over nit noid crap ... like do women have to wear a burka or not. It would happen. No question about it.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Nice post, I am noticing several people on this forum still have an negative attitude towards the Islam and overgeneralize.

<< 3  4  5   >>

join