It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do they (islamic terrorists) hate us (u.s. and the west) and what do we do about it?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: spy66
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Atheism is probably the one entity that is always criticising religion. I dont think Atheism are a more restrianed brand of People than religious People. There are many of them that are capable of showing the same heatered towards others as these extream muslims.

I think athiests think they can get away with criticizing other religions because they think they aren't a religion and that somehow puts them on some pedestal. When other religions criticize their fellows, people point at you and claim you have a hidden agenda.

Quite frankly, atheists have that agenda too. They are just blind to it and have brainwashed the rest of the world into thinking it doesn't exist when it actually does.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Do not be worried, knife (Islamic terrorists) does not cut it's own handle (Saud, US, UK, France, .....) !
edit on 17-1-2015 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
They hate us because we do not live according to the rules and stricture of their religion. Our Western ideals and freedoms are antithetical in nature to their religious beliefs, and their religion is a theocratic system when practiced in certain sects which means that church and state are not separate entities and cannot be separated.

So while you can try to point the finger at those things you listed, they are merely symptoms of where the cultural faultiness lie between Shari'a Islam and Western Civilization. Even absent those things, there is friction. See the incident of the Barbary Pirates and study why it occurred to understand this. America hadn't even formed a foreign policy before there was friction between our nation and the Islamic world.

Not even close.

The biggest lie our politicians and military are telling you is that people are attacking America or hate it due to our 'freedoms" or differences in religion.

For the past several centuries, but especially last 60 years, the US and West have been invading, couping, manipulating, oppressing, regime changing, etc, most of these countries.

These "terrorists" are only wrong for targeting civilians when they do, not the fact that they are militant and fighting back.
edit on 17-1-2015 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
This might have something to do with it. Invasion of Muslim countries.

www.youtube.com...

Exactly, most Americans are either really ignorant and have no idea what the CIA and our military has done or are really frankly stupid.

It is a massive gap in thinking to think that it is okay for the US to stomp around the globe, and if people hate us or fight back then they are crazy.

Talk about abusive relationship. This is like a man beating and abusing a woman and blaming her for her anger.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: neformore
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Well, lets see.

The partitioning of the region by the British Empire.
The creation of the state of Israel
Suez
US support for Israel in the Arab-Israeli wars
The overthrow of the legitimately elected government in Iran in 1953 by the CIA and MI6
US support for the Shah of Iran
US support for Saddam Hussein during the subsequent Iran/Iraq war when the Shah was deposed.
The proxy cold war between the West and Russia
Suport for the house of Saud
Continuring supoort of Israel in Palestine, and vetoing of UN resolutions to resolve the situation
The Iraq war based on the pretence of a lie

So your reason maybe for people older than 50 or 60...hehe

We need to look at why today. Even Iraq is getting long in the tooth.

I think the main reason is most of the Middle East are ruled by extremest views. I'm not saying extremist as in somewhat new definition of hating the West, I'm saying it as in old school extremism of how they want to control their population. That control is to enslave their women while maintaining a extremely strict religious code on the population in general. Many today do not want that, they do not want to be whipped because the hold hands or not hide their faces etc.

So what do you do? You create a bogyman, a devil etc and we just happen to be the most convenient choice since western views in general are what those in control do not want. They are afraid to lose their power...that is about the gist of it all.

It's not a bogeyman. The US is funding for example rebels in Syria, with the goal of overthrowing the Syrian regime. The rebels are responsible for almost half of civilian deaths. The US and Nato did the same thing in Libya.

Iraq was just last decade. It is ridiculous to think that people who may have had their family members killed as a result or livelihoods impacted as a result of sanctions or the two Gulf Wars should magically forget.
edit on 17-1-2015 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
Wow, so many excuses for their bad behaviour. Of course the 'west' has attacked their people, we were/are at war [right or wrong]. That is certainly a good reason to hate the west.
That somehow doesn't explain why they kill their own.

Women get stoned to death for adultery = because of drone strikes ?!?
Gays are thrown from buildings = because of drone strikes?!?
10 year old kids [theirs, not ours] are used as suicide bombers to kill other fellow muslims = because of drone strikes????????

Sorry, that doesn't wash.
They seem to push an incredibly medieval agenda of their religion and they are having a whale of a time [raping young girls, killing for fun]. None of these deaths have anything to do with 'the west'.
They hate the west because we are not muslims.

I say this because there are enough muslims who came to the west to study and be free, who do NOT hate us, despite the drone strikes. They understand that those things are down to governments and not individuals.

However the rest are either murdering scum [IS and IB] who tell others to hate the west [amongst everything else they hate, don't flatter yourself U.S. that you are the only thing they hate, because you are just one item on a very long list of hates], or sheep that listen to them [either out of fear or because all they hear about the west are anti-western propaganda].

Fail though because the topic is why they hate/attack the West, NOT what some have done to women or someone else.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
the resurgence of Islam & Muslim Jihadists has been on the back burner since the Ottoman Empire demise...

a one-world-government is fashioned after a Caliphate don't you know...the Infidels are stealing the Islamic intellectual property

here is an interesting link... from AQ on their 'roadmap' for global domination...
[[and it all started with waking-up the sleeping terror, then trying to decimate them (Mujahadeen) after their usefulness was over against the USSR]]

link: www.rightsidenews.com...#!

Title: Al-Qaeda’s 7 Step Plan: Total Confrontation in 2016
Published on Sunday, 04 January 2015 08:38 Written by Nicolai Sennels

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimTSpock
Biggest exports of the middle east terrorism and extremism. They can't get enough of it over there now they are exporting it. I know not politically correct.

But of course, the West bombing, invading, funding t̶e̶r̶r̶o̶r̶i̶s̶t̶ ̶ "freedom fighters" in Syria, and so on isn't terrorism by the west?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

That could be one interpretation. However september 11 2001 was before the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq, Gulf war 2.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
An old post...
The war on terror? Even the name says it all. How can violence stamp out violence? It can't. When we think of terrorists or terrorism we think Islam, we think middle east and we think of scary bearded men plotting our end. We don't think about our own actions and the effects they have on these people. Do we stop and think about the funds and arms we have supplied to, let's face it, the enemy? Wars tend to end sooner and be easier to win if you aren't creating your own enemies. It's an enemy with strong beliefs that no bombs or bullets will change. In fact, they make the beliefs and views stronger. If a 2000lb JDAM killed my family, I'd be happy to seek revenge even if it meant dying.

It isn't just a people we are fighting. It's an idea, a notion, a set of beliefs. The only way to defeat the evil that has coiled itself around a religion is to rip it out at the roots. Years of radicalism and brain washing need to be undone and that's a near impossible task. How do you change a person's beliefs and values if they have been stamped in to them since birth? I don't know but trying to kill them isn't the long term solution. We helped to create this enemy for our own use and it's came back to bite us in the arse. If you have an entire people who share the same ideas then no amount of military might will defeat them.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JimTSpock

This is what I mean, many Americans don't know the extent of America interventionism. It goes back far before 9/11.

The US has factually been invading, intervening, couping, funding rebels in, countries around the world since the 50's. Even farther back for Latin America.

The CIA was involved for example in coups or regime change in Iran in the 50's.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

So that is the cause and justification for Islamic extremism? I don't think so. That is a whole separate issue and history and America is not the only country at risk of Islamic extremism. You are not saying all victims of Islamic extremist terrorism brought it on themselves somehow are you?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

So that is the cause and justification for Islamic extremism? I don't think so. That is a whole separate issue and history and America is not the only country at risk of Islamic extremism. You are not saying all victims of Islamic extremist terrorism brought it on themselves somehow are you?

The point of the post was hatred and targeting of the West, not all Islamic extremism. My point is centered on that.

Militants have the right to fight back against government officials or soldiers involved in interventions in their country. They don't have the right to target innocent civilians. That is when you cross the line from militant to terrorist.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

It's a complex issue and I agree western and US foreign policy has a questionable and debatable history and the CIA are a bunch of morons. But where we are now is an interesting place in history and Islamic extremists are playing a big role and won't go away no matter what the west or the US or the CIA or NSA does.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

It's a complex issue and I agree western and US foreign policy has a questionable and debatable history and the CIA are a bunch of morons. But where we are now is an interesting place in history and Islamic extremists are playing a big role and won't go away no matter what the west or the US or the CIA or NSA does.

I think that you are right on that point.

We didn't create all Islamic extremists nor will that disappear if we changed our foreign policy.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

These "terrorists" are only wrong for targeting civilians when they do, not the fact that they are militant and fighting back.

Do you know why ceviliance are the only once targeted for terrorism?

There is a reason. Civilians are targeted because then the government have to act. Thay have to do something.

IF these terrorist realy wanted to hurt us civiliance, they would have targeted Our Nucklear Power plants or other energy sectors. They could have poisend Our wather.

Killing someone is really not that damaging to Our cociety but it creates a lot of anger and fear among the population. It should be prity Clear to People that what we see to day is pre-planned state terrorism. Terrorism is used by governments to force and imploment polocies onto a society a lot faster instead of doing it by wars.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
My neighbor is a Muslim, and meet Muslims all the time.

They don't seem to hate me at all.

My neighbor has to be one of the nicest easy going people I ever met.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

That could be one interpretation. However september 11 2001 was before the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq, Gulf war 2.
there is an argument that plans were drawn up for operations in Afghanistan before 9/11 too. Although there are less sinister explanations as to why, that still asks questions of its own.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

Do you know why ceviliance are the only once targeted for terrorism?

There is a reason. Civilians are targeted because then the government have to act. Thay have to do something.

I agree with you, and I think the government is inducing fear because they have a much bigger plan. Just read an article about neighbourhood cops to robocops, and if anything in this article happens, it will be the end of humanity or freedom. One big concentration camp, and we are heading that way by fighting over who hates who and playing straight into the hands of the TPTB. They have a much bigger agenda, and we need to fight THIS: freedomoutpost.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join