It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do they (islamic terrorists) hate us (u.s. and the west) and what do we do about it?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
so for starters we can change our foreign policy, stop killing innocent people, get our bases out of muslim countries, stop supplying israel with money and weapons...work towards establishing peace in the middle east etc etc in return we can ask the terrorists to stop blowing themselves up and killing innocent people.

Ok how does any of this come into play in say Nigeria?

thats where we need the rest of the muslim world to step up and condemn their actions perhaps get a coalition of muslim countries to work with them to end the bloodshed.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Good thread as a start. Though,

originally posted by: BerenstEiner
One word.

Jealous.

One way to "stop it" would be acknowledging there's more to this than believing the whole jealous idea, which was throw out there to distract the populace from seeing the deeper issues.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   
They hate us because we love freedom, duh.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: LionOfGOD
No, i really don't, but the buddhist and the Hindu extremists seem easier to reason with.

You really need to read up on Myanmar and Sri Lanka

All religions have a ton of blood on their hands. Including atheism, which has killed more people than all the others
edit on 17-1-2015 by Ridhya because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: rokkuman
They hate us because we love freedom, duh.

They hate us because we are free! Yeah right.

Our freedom is being take away bit by bit each time there is a terror act against us. I felt more free during the Cold war than i do today.

We live in a Democracy. What we dont see when it comes to democracy is the problem we cause by supporting Charlie.

Our sympathy is being used by Our governments to change policy. To impliment more restrictions on Our freedom.

And it Works like a charme because we show sympathy based on our anger and fear. We are now supporting Charlie because we support free spach. But what we dont see that free speach is what is being taken away.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
a reply to: alldaylong

That is way old history. Don't forget that at one point swathes of Europe were Moorish (muslim)

They are pissed because of post WW2 activity.

During and after Mohammed, muslims went everywhere with a sword point in front, every country took the 'faith' at the point of a sword.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

1. Atheism is not a religion. Atheism is simply a lack of belief in gods/God.
2. There is a very clear difference between killing for "believing in a God" and killing for "believing in the wrong God". Far more people have died as a result of the latter than the first.

This link dispels the "Atheism has killed more than any..." myth.

edit on 17/1/2015 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost
Atheism is a belief, because it is a certainty in an uncertain thing. It has become a religion. You can see it in the way atheists vehemently defend it as if it is sacred, and get offended the way religious people do. There are evenatheist churches ffs!

Yeah, its okay that atheists killed more people than any religion, since they didnt do it because of their belief....

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Atheism is probably the one entity that is always criticising religion. I dont think Atheism are a more restrianed brand of People than religious People. There are many of them that are capable of showing the same heatered towards others as these extream muslims.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
Atheism is a belief, because it is a certainty in an uncertain thing. It has become a religion. You can see it in the way atheists vehemently defend it as if it is sacred, and get offended the way religious people do. There are evenatheist churches ffs!

"A religion is an organized collection of beliefs, cultural systems, and world views that relate humanity to an order of existence." Link

Atheism simply does not fit that definition. Just because a small faction of people whom claim to be atheists establish a "church" in this regard does not mean atheism as a whole is therefore a religion.

Yeah, its okay that atheists killed more people than any religion, since they didnt do it because of their belief....

If they didn't do it because of their belief, then why describe them as atheists in the first place?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: spy66
Atheism is probably the one entity that is always criticising religion. I dont think Atheism are a more restrianed brand of People than religious People. There are many of them that are capable of showing the same heatered towards others as these extream muslims.

Atheism is just a scapegoat in this sense. Adherents of one religion often criticise adherents from another religion. Do Christians not criticise Islam? Do Muslims not criticise Judaism?

There are extremists present in every group, atheism is not an exception. This does not mean that the majority of atheists should be judged due to the actions of a small faction.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I agree with Neformore and expat's reasoning, but I think Dr. Ron Paul said it best when he summed up the conclusions of the US's military and intelligence analyses of the situation: "Because we bomb them." In support of this notion, I should remind readers of the article that has been posted in a thread here fairly recently, which makes the argument that most "terrorist" attacks are actually politically motivated, not carried out because of religious views.

Based on my research, this assertion is the most valid argument. While it is true that radical muslims are simply following their religious teachings to the letter, it is also true that most muslims are peaceful people. The more that western nations continue to wage unjust wars in the middle east and other predominately muslim regions, the more we will continue to polarize these regions against us. Craig Winn(Wynn? spelling might be off) wrote a couple books about it.

Say you live in a village in blank. Some men in black come through, carrying out some operation, and kill a third of your village. Everyone knows they were westerners/Americans, but of course nothing is officially admitted to by anyone. A month later a man comes through blank with a goat and a bag of rice. He slaughters the goat, opens the bag of rice and feeds the village, preaching of Mohammed as he does it. Who are you gonna pick? This is hypothetical of course, I'm just trying to inject a different perspective.

Indeed, Islam does teach that all Jews, Christians, and peaceful Muslims are to be taxed into oblivion, then put to the sword when they can no longer pay. Again, however, let me remind you that most muslims are peaceful people. The bible teaches that witches are to be put to death, in addition to listing many other capital offenses that most christians would hardly even think to scoff at today. Do our christian members still stone witches? Anyone? Anyone? Maybe we should leave them alone and give them a chance to mellow and mature as a culture instead of providing them with strong reasons to cling to their faith.

Somehow, I don't think radical atheism is the answer. A bigot is a bigot, a zealot is a zealot, and a murderer is a murderer, religious or not. I wish you guys weren't such bigots with your atheism. You won't win my heart with the rhetoric I've heard here, nor many others, I suspect. Tolerance is not often enough touted as one of the virtues of a good christian. You guys should give it a try sometime, it's not that bad. Actually tends to broaden your perspective.

Step out of the box folks, its not all as cut and dried as some would have you believe.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Thank you for mirroring my reply somewhat. Certainly, not all atheists are so extreme. I felt it was important to respond to those who brought extreme proposals to the table. I have many dear friends who are atheists, though I personally believe in a creator.
edit on 17-1-2015 by engineercutout because: punctuation

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: engineercutout
I agree with Neformore and expat's reasoning, but I think Dr. Ron Paul said it best when he summed up the conclusions of the US's military and intelligence analyses of the situation: "Because we bomb them." In support of this notion, I should remind readers of the article that has been posted in a thread here fairly recently, which makes the argument that most "terrorist" attacks are actually politically motivated, not carried out because of religious views.

Based on my research, this assertion is the most valid argument. While it is true that radical muslims are simply following their religious teachings to the letter, it is also true that most muslims are peaceful people. The more that western nations continue to wage unjust wars in the middle east and other predominately muslim regions, the more we will continue to polarize these regions against us. Craig Winn(Wynn? spelling might be off) wrote a couple books about it.

Say you live in a village in blank. Some men in black come through, carrying out some operation, and kill a third of your village. Everyone knows they were westerners/Americans, but of course nothing is officially admitted to by anyone. A month later a man comes through blank with a goat and a bag of rice. He slaughters the goat, opens the bag of rice and feeds the village, preaching of Mohammed as he does it. Who are you gonna pick? This is hypothetical of course, I'm just trying to inject a different perspective.

Indeed, Islam does teach that all Jews, Christians, and peaceful Muslims are to be taxed into oblivion, then put to the sword when they can no longer pay. Again, however, let me remind you that most muslims are peaceful people. The bible teaches that witches are to be put to death, in addition to listing many other capital offenses that most christians would hardly even think to scoff at today. Do our christian members still stone witches? Anyone? Anyone? Maybe we should leave them alone and give them a chance

Step out of the box folks, its not all as cut and dried as some would have you believe.

I believe;
There is a very small, highly organized, (materially) super-rich, ultra-secret group of extremely Rich
who are secretly running the entire world from behind the scenes. Governments, policy think-tanks, media, educational organizations and foundations, are all just among the visible part of their structure that they allow you to see. You may be familiar with the names of people like Rothschild, Oppenheimer, Rockefeller,

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: BerenstEiner
One word.

Jealous.

Yeah, that's it.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
The state-sponsored schools will never tell you this, but governments routinely rely on hoaxes to sell their agendas to an otherwise reluctant public. The Romans accepted the Emperors and the Germans accepted Hitler not because they wanted to, but because the carefully crafted illusions of threat appeared to leave no other choice.
Our government too uses hoaxes to create the illusion that We The People have no choice but the direction the government wishes us to go in.

Read more: whatreallyhappened.com whatreallyhappened.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Wow, so many excuses for their bad behaviour. Of course the 'west' has attacked their people, we were/are at war [right or wrong]. That is certainly a good reason to hate the west.
That somehow doesn't explain why they kill their own.

Women get stoned to death for adultery = because of drone strikes ?!?
Gays are thrown from buildings = because of drone strikes?!?
10 year old kids [theirs, not ours] are used as suicide bombers to kill other fellow muslims = because of drone strikes????????

Sorry, that doesn't wash.
They seem to push an incredibly medieval agenda of their religion and they are having a whale of a time [raping young girls, killing for fun]. None of these deaths have anything to do with 'the west'.
They hate the west because we are not muslims.

I say this because there are enough muslims who came to the west to study and be free, who do NOT hate us, despite the drone strikes. They understand that those things are down to governments and not individuals.

However the rest are either murdering scum [IS and IB] who tell others to hate the west [amongst everything else they hate, don't flatter yourself U.S. that you are the only thing they hate, because you are just one item on a very long list of hates], or sheep that listen to them [either out of fear or because all they hear about the west are anti-western propaganda].

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

and what do we do about it?

Enough said.
edit on 17-1-2015 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: superman2012

Why should we have had to pay tribute to them to keep them from attacking our ships and enslaving our sailors? It's not like they were patrolling the seas to keep ships safe from other threats.

What you're asking is akin to wondering why shop owners didn't want to pay protection money to their local mafia or gang ... or are you cool with that too?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Biggest exports of the middle east terrorism and extremism. They can't get enough of it over there now they are exporting it. I know not politically correct.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join