It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black LIves Matter - Protesters force diversion of ambulance carrying badly injured man

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Genius protestors block an ambulance carrying a badly injured 83-year old man from getting directly to a hospital. The man was involved in a serious car accident, and had to be taken to a different city.

The protestors were part of the "Black Lives Matter" group in Boston.

The Boston contingent of Black Lives Matter said in a statement that the protest was intended "to confront white complacency in the systemic oppression of black people in Boston."

If somebody dies because they stop an ambulance, how many people will get charged with murder? Does anybody buy their claim that they believe "All lives matter?"

www.wcvb.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

Cant make an omlet without breaking a few eggs.....this is a duplicate of your other troll thread is it?
Your consistent with your own little propaganda campaign aren't you?

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling

Cant make an omlet without breaking a few eggs.....this is a duplicate of your other troll thread is it?
Your consistent with your own little propaganda campaign aren't you?

This is what protesters did in Boston yesterday. They blocked traffic and prevented an ambulance carrying an 83-year old badly injured man from getting to a trauma unit.

The protestors are from the Boston "Black Lives Matter" group, which makes the claim that they believe "all lives matter," but consistently show that they have a reckless disregard for people's lives.

So you think risking the life of an 83-year old man is like breaking eggs to make an omelette?

Can you clarify that?

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
It's not like they knew they were blocking an Ambulance...

The title implies that they intentionally stood in the way of an Ambulance...

They'd actually blocked the 2 interstates...

If somebody dies because they stop an ambulance, how many people will get charged with murder?

Here is a little story...

Couple of years ago a young man was shot in my neighbourhood...

The police arrived & cordoned off the scene...

For over an hour they refused entry to the ambulance while he was laying on the floor dying of his wounds...

By the time the paramedics were let through, he had passed away!

I've heard similar stories coming from your side of the Water, never heard of a murder charge because of it.

I'm not justifying the protesters, it was an ill conceived idea...

I'm just wondering if you, or anyone who would agree with your question, would also want murder charges for police who do the same with the knowledge they're endangering someone's life!

Bare in mind, with what your implying, that the protesters had no knowledge of an Ambulance!
Otherwise the article would have mentioned that I believe.

edit on 16-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
You mean like the cops who shot the boy with the toy gun and watched him bleed out while they stood around the body?

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Of course they realized that they would block emergency services and disrupt traffic...how would one not realize that it was a possibility...I'm sure they were hoping nobody would die but it should have presented itself as a possibility...

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

No doubt.

However if they had a permit (not saying they did) it would become necessary for the Authorities to share this information so that this wouldn't happen.

Either way, still an ill conceived way to protest.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Protesting and civil disobedience is meant to disrupt anything and everything, that is the point, especially when voices are not being heard as loudly as they are trying to be heard.

I think with every disruption, more attention is paid to the cause.
But that is just how I see it.

More power to them, although no one should die,
because all lives matter.

edit on 16-1-2015 by Darkblade71 because: typonese kicking in

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Stirling you seemed pretty balanced judging from your other posts. Are you going with the "two wrongs do make a right"' justification?

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
It's not like they knew they were blocking an Ambulance...

The title implies that they intentionally stood in the way of an Ambulance...

They'd actually blocked the 2 interstates...

If somebody dies because they stop an ambulance, how many people will get charged with murder?

Here is a little story...

Couple of years ago a young man was shot in my neighbourhood...

The police arrived & cordoned off the scene...

For over an hour they refused entry to the ambulance while he was laying on the floor dying of his wounds...

By the time the paramedics were let through, he had passed away!

I've heard similar stories coming from your side of the Water, never heard of a murder charge because of it.

I'm not justifying the protesters, it was an ill conceived idea...

I'm just wondering if you, or anyone who would agree with your question, would also want murder charges for police who do the same with the knowledge they're endangering someone's life!

Bare in mind, with what your implying, that the protesters had no knowledge of an Ambulance!
Otherwise the article would have mentioned that I believe.

The difference is police have the legal authority and obligation to block off a crime scene.

Protesters are illegally blocking the highway. If they block an ambulance and somebody dies, they could possibly be charged with something like negligent homicide.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
You mean like the cops who shot the boy with the toy gun and watched him bleed out while they stood around the body?
Gotta love a good old fashioned deflection.

Sorry, I won't bite.

On topic: The protesters cannot block an interstate and honestly believe they aren't hurting people's livelihoods, and sometimes their very lives in this case. They care more about "sending a message" than the lives of the people they disrupt, and sometimes hurt. They're doing nobody any favors by blocking interstates, all you're doing is angering people AGAINST your cause.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

No one has the authority to refuse someone medical assessment!

& the fact you'd say that instead of saying both are wrong...

I can't even!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71
Protesting and civil disobedience is meant to disrupt anything and everything, that is the point, especially when voices are not being heard as loudly as they are trying to be heard.

I think with every disruption, more attention if paid to the cause.
But that is just how I see it.

More power to them, although no one should die,
because all lives matter.

With every disruption they're creating the impression that they do not care about "all lives."

What cause do you think they are endearing the people to who they blocked from getting to work?

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

No one has the authority to refuse someone medical assessment!

& the fact you'd say that instead of saying both are wrong...

I can't even!!!

Not medical assessment. Blocking an accident scene. Roads are blocked every day when there are accidents.

What does that have to do with this topic?

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
So...I would like to know, in cases like this...say I am driving down the highway and have a life threatening emergency and there are idiots blocking my way in a protest. Am I legally allowed to plow through them since it would either be them or me? It isn't like it would be premeditated and it would be a life and death situation, so am I allowed to do this or would that be considered murder since I made the judgement call to run them over and someone may die because of it?

If you don't think this is ok and If I can't do that in a life and death situation then why should they be allowed any less of a judgement because they are protesting and someone could die because of it?

As a side note, if I were in a situation like that I would make every attempt not to hit anyone as I drove through them....after all it is not my problem if they are on a highway meant for cars and can't avoid one right? Didn't their mama's ever teach them not to play in the street?
edit on 1/16/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

What cause do you think they are endearing the people to who they blocked from getting to work?

I don't think they are out to endear anyone, in fact, I think they WANT to cause disruption.
That is about the only way they will ever see any changes,
and that might not even work,
and that is what it is all about.
IMO

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
So...I would like to know, in cases like this...say I am driving down the highway and have a life threatening emergency and there are idiots blocking my way in a protest. Am I legally allowed to plow through them since it would either be them or me? It isn't like it would be premeditated and it would be a life and death situation, so am I allowed to do this or would that be considered murder since I made the judgement call to run them over and someone may die because of it?

If you don't think this is ok and If I can't do that in a life and death situation then why should they be allowed any less of a judgement because they are protesting and someone could die because of it?

As a side note, if I were in a situation like that I would make every attempt not to hit anyone as I drove through them. Didn't their mama's ever teach them not to play in the street?
If I'm remembering U.S. law correctly, you are permitted to slow down enough not to injure anyone and gently "nudge" them with your vehicle to get them to move. If the mass starts attacking your car after that, well.. You could reasonably be in fear of your life at that moment and be justified in perhaps putting your foot down a little harder and "clearing a path" so to speak.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

As a side note, if I were in a situation like that I would make every attempt not to hit anyone as I drove through them....after all it is not my problem if they are on a highway meant for cars and can't avoid one right? Didn't their mama's ever teach them not to play in the street?

If I had a life threatening situation and I had to get somebody to the hospital, and an idiot was blocking the road, I would blow the horn. If they continue to block me, I'd have no hesitancy in continuing to drive forward. If they chose to stand in front of my car, it's on them, not me.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

As a side note, if I were in a situation like that I would make every attempt not to hit anyone as I drove through them. Didn't their mama's ever teach them not to play in the street?
If I'm remembering U.S. law correctly, you are permitted to slow down enough not to injure anyone and gently "nudge" them with your vehicle to get them to move. If the mass starts attacking your car after that, well.. You could reasonably be in fear of your life at that moment and be justified in perhaps putting your foot down a little harder and "clearing a path" so to speak.

Wondering if the law you are referring to has a clause for it being a life or death situation. As in say I had a family member in the car that was literally dying and if I can't make it to the hospital quickly they will die....I am not one for wanting to kill for no reason, but if it is my family or a idiot protester on the highway (of which all have signs that say no pedestrians allowed and the law code posted), I would most likely be challenging that law in court.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

So now you ask "what's it got to do with the topic" because you know the police have no right to refuse paramedics entry to someone gravely injured...

Why didn't you say that in the first place instead of perpetuating the conversation?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join