It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Complaint that Baker Refuses to Decorate Cake with Anti-Gay Message

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: EternalSolace
The double standard is strong in this thread...

I find it hilarious that a LGBT bakery was selectively targeted just like Christian bakers were selectively targeted.

It's not an LGBT bakery. It's a bakery that doesn't discriminate against LGBT people(Widely known). Nice to see that you see this for what it is though. Targeted for an agenda. "Christian bakers"? How does one know if it's a Christian bakery?
This may be a bit off topic, but when I lived in New Mexico I saw a lot of "christian" service providers. Like auto shops, carpet cleaners, etc. I always avoided them. I don't want anyone praying they did my tune-up correctly. "Christian" businesses aren't too hard to spot. They usually have a bible verse or some allusion to Jesus or God in their company motto or something.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Pretty sure that the recent Christian Bakery was widely know in their town they they were Christian. Just like it was widely known that the LGBT bakers were pro LGBT.

I'm just tired of all the selected targeting of each group.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
a reply to: intrepid

Pretty sure that the recent Christian Bakery was widely know in their town they they were Christian. Just like it was widely known that the LGBT bakers were pro LGBT.

I'm just tired of all the selected targeting of each group.
I couldn't agree more. The constant counter-trolling by each group is childish.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

I think you're probably right in that each bakery was "targeted" for being known to hold certain views. The gay couple "targeted" a bakery known to refuse business for gay weddings - and this bakery was "targeted" because they were known to treat all people equally.

Nothing illegal in choosing a business that will help you with your agenda. That's freedom, for ya.

Problem with this case is that the "Christian" man didn't get discriminated against, as he'd hoped he would.

edit on 1/16/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
As a side note, I see untapped potential for someone to now open an exclusively offensive bakery. You want boobs on your cake? You got it Mr. Customer! You hate gays? Do you want the hellfire bright red or burnt amber, sir? You want an anti-jew cake? How many swastikas would you like shown, Mr. skinhead?

One could do very well in such a business.

you are joking, i hope.

such riff raff needs no encouragement.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

As a side note, I see untapped potential for someone to now open an exclusively offensive bakery. You want boobs on your cake? You got it Mr. Customer! You hate gays? Do you want the hellfire bright red or burnt amber, sir? You want an anti-jew cake? How many swastikas would you like shown, Mr. skinhead?

you are joking, i hope.

C'mon, there's an entire untapped market of catering opportunities for white supremacist rallies!

Yes, I was being facetious. I forgot my /sarcasm tag I guess.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
CAN I HEAR AN AMEN! HALLELUIA! JESUS LOVES CAKE WITH A HATEFUL MESSAGE!!

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThomasMore
**Edit**

On second thought, I'd rather not participate in religious debate or news. My apologies.

Someone named after Saint Thomas More would rather not participate in religious debate.

I chuckled a little.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TheArrow

I'm not using it out of my religious affiliation, but rather something less pious: Leslie Charteris
edit on 16-1-2015 by ThomasMore because: Fixed link.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ThomasMore

Oh, it's all good, I wasn't having a go at you, I just found it humorous. The double entendre makes it funnier.

Welcome to the site.
edit on 16-1-2015 by TheArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

you are joking, i hope.

C'mon, there's an entire untapped market of catering opportunities for white supremacist rallies!

Yes, I was being facetious. I forgot my /sarcasm tag I guess.

no one believes me when i say it is useful.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The christian man is right gays are evil and therefore it is okay- nay necessary- to force someone to engage in hate speech against them. Gays deserve to be dicriminated against. The have no rights becuase they are GODLESS HEATHENS WHO HATE MY LORD JESUS? I own a small bussiness and if I detect so much as a lisp from a customer I kick them out. I also hate black people and those china-men and refuse to service them either.

Romney 2016!
edit on 16-1-2015 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TsukiLunar

Ya might wanna add a /sarcasm tag to that post, though it's glaringly obvious. It may get removed!

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Thanks for the laugh!
I wish we had a sarcasm tag. In the meantime, just make your own.

[sarc] [/sarc]

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

How dare you insinuate that I am less than 100% genuine in my hatred for gays. Did you know every time gays have sex a orphan is sent to hell? They also crap on the bible in Church all the time! They will get there do's. My loving lord JESUS WILL SMITE THEM AND DESTROY THEIR HATEFUL EVIL WAYS.
edit on 16-1-2015 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Have my internet babies.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

edit on 16-1-2015 by ahimsa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ahimsa

And the pro-gay agenda strikes again. We must not let the gays win and be treated like people. READ THE BIBLE PRAISE THE LORD

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Oh geez.

"A Christian making a homosexual cake with 'Support Gay Marriage' goes against his faith and a homosexual putting 'Gay Marriage Is Wrong' goes against his faith as well. Now of course we honor their right to say no, this is not the issue, but what about honoring the Christian right to also say no?" asks Shoebat.

What the hell?

This makes the whole thing sound even more glaringly stupid. Does it even make any sense?

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ahimsa

Not sure why you removed your link to that story. If that was indeed the real story, then it just goes to prove that there is one large double standard going on.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join