It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas under $2.00???????? I can't remember the last time I saw this....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
So, its official I guess.....

Five bucks is gas money again!

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: jlatchkey

You actually saw it before President Obama was elected in 2008. It was $1.83 at that time.

Gas prices also hit $4.40 under Bush, but conveniently most wingnuts forget that.

GOP Deceptions About Gas Prices

What they won't tell you, for example, is that under George W. Bush, the price of gasoline increased from $1.60 per gallon when he took office in January 2001 to $4.40 per gallon in July 2008, a jump of 275 percent.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

The purpose of the crashed gas price is to try n stop Russia from buying Gold from the Fed using the US dollars it gets from the sale of its oil and gas. At the rate at which Russia is buying, it will make Russia one of the biggest owners of gold in the World and where would that leave the US.

Russia and China between them do own more gold than the US. Is there not a saying that he has the gold makes the rules?

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   
You lucky bastards. Enjoy the cheap prices, while the rest of the western world (Europe) fills up a gallon of fuel for a nice price of 10 dollars or more. No wonder why we have to develop even more fuel efficient cars, we simply can not afford to drive anymore with conventional petrol engines.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Went to get gas this morning in Atlanta and it was $1.99. Now I can remember back in the 90's when I lived in MS that gas was below a dollar, but in the last 10 years I can't remember gas ever being this low.

meanwhile..over the pond...in the land of chocolate windows and marmalade rooftops...1,5 $ per liter. 1 gallon = 3.785 litres

3,785 x 1,5 = 5,677 $ /per gallon.

Take that Yankee Doodle....

edit: for reference sake....average monthly pay...is something short of 1000 $.
edit on 27-5-2015 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpaDe_
Funny thing is that $1.99/gallon is still high based on the current price per barrel of oil. Should actually be around $1.60 with taxes figured in. When you consider that about $.50/gallon of that price is taxes and that really makes the gas cheap compared to the recent past.

Labor plays a role there. They can't afford to extract it, process it, and store it at much lower than where it is currently at. Oil companies take a lot of heat over their profit margins, but when you calculate the actual profit per barrel for the company, at these barrel prices it is well under 10%. 10%, for anyone with a business economic background is generally considered the healthy baseline of a business.

posted on May, 27 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Went to get gas this morning in Atlanta and it was $1.99. Now I can remember back in the 90's when I lived in MS that gas was below a dollar, but in the last 10 years I can't remember gas ever being this low.

In Australia, petrol is $1.20 a Litre (4 litres to a gallon), when its chaep, most of the time is about $1.80 a litre. Try n keep the good deal.

cheers

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

meanwhile..over the pond...in the land of chocolate windows and marmalade rooftops...1,5 $ per liter. 1 gallon = 3.785 litres

3,785 x 1,5 = 5,677 $ /per gallon.

Take that Yankee Doodle....

edit: for reference sake....average monthly pay...is something short of 1000 $.

I've always found it strange that gas prices are higher in Europe than America, even though Europe's closer to the oil countries? Dafuq?

Damn you geopolitics and controllers.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

It is the smae price here in mo. And with my loyalty discount from my grocer it can actually be free at this point. I think I have somewhere around .40 off my next fill up.

I actually have a great plan I do for this.

Winn Dixie provides fuel perks like what you mention above. Routinely, I earn about 50-80 cents off each gallon (up to 20 gallons) from a big shopping trip. But, only at Shell gas stations.

Publix (another grocer) often sells $50 gas cards for $40 (Shell is one of the ones offered) when you buy $50 worth of groceries.

So, I go to Shell, get my fuel perks, and then pay with my discounted gas card. So I can get my 20 gallons, and still have a balance on the card, lol, for more gas!

One time, I only paid 1.9 cents per gallon this way, (and with the gift card to boot)
edit on 1-2-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join