It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Warn: Earth pushed beyond four of nine ‘planetary boundaries’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I truly believe that my generation the one before me and who know how many after me will not be treated nicely by those who write the history books in centuries to come . 1945-2030 the death generations . Perhaps i could be wrong . By then there might not be anyone left to write them .

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
The big bad humans are gonna huff and puff.....wait,

The total weight of all the ants on Earth is about the same as the weight of all the humans on earth.

The little critters equal us in mass so the consumption of resources is not a human monopoly.

[url=http://www.omgfacts.com/lists/4077/The-total-weight-of-all-the-ants-on-Earth-is-about-the-same-as-the-weight-of-all-the-humans-on-earth]link[/url ]

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: netbound

I guess what kills me the most is we have so many political “leaders” who are blatant science-deniers. They’re supposed serve the people and ensure our best interests. Instead, their pockets are lined by their corporate gods, while the welfare of the nation is an afterthought.

Absolutely.

James Inhofe for example is the Chair of the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works.

This is a guy who wrote an entire friggin book about global warming being "the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people":

He's also stood in front of the Senate with a straight face and declared that oil and gas DON'T pollute:

And of course where does most of his funding come from?

Source

How people can vote in absolutely blatant shills like this is just embarrassing. But yeah, they're probably too busy watching Duck Dynasty to care...

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

I don't think ants compete for the same resources as us. If they did I am pretty sure we would have found a way to make them extinct.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Seriously - that's how you're going to play this off??? We weigh as much as ants so we have the same effect? As if ants drill for oil, drive SUV's, fly jets, build waterparks in the desert etc?

Holy hell, just when you think you've heard it all...

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   

The little critters equal us in mass so the consumption of resources is not a human monopoly

They actually eat more than us ,about 25% of their weight daily but How much ice have they caused to melt . How much of the ozone layer have they made disapear . You get my drift .

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: mc_squared

They do. But they don't need to pay them - they get guerrilla sock puppets for free:

That video explains some things I have pondered.

I recently watched the Atlas Shrugged trilogy and afterwards I went back and looked at some viewer reviews. I honestly don't think many of them even watched those things. Half the time I felt like I was watching a parody yet there were several 5 star reviews.

The movies were so bad they were almost good....almost. If you ever have absolutely nothing better to do I recommend watching them all back to back but if you have anything else you can do then forget it.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
So where did these imaginary 'planetary boundaries' come from exactly? There is no instruction manual for the planet with specifications and tolerances last time I checked.

Maybe they should take all that funding for this BS research and put it into something useful like free energy or desalination. Then these useless tools would be doing something helpful.
edit on 2015/1/16 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
The human race is a cancer...
We were not supposed to stay
here this long..
We were meant to spread out
in the universe, just like we
have done on the planet thruout
history. Religion and money made
that impossible, the only way to
save us now is to BAN both...

And here i am again talking to deaf
ears and stupid ppl....

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

I don't think ants compete for the same resources as us. If they did I am pretty sure we would have found a way to make them extinct.

Water and oxygen for starters.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Simple overpopulation. When people are allowed to have as many useless children as they like, this destruction is inevitable. There should be aptitude tests given to those who wish to procreate.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: mc_squared

Seriously - that's how you're going to play this off??? We weigh as much as ants so we have the same effect? As if ants drill for oil, drive SUV's, fly jets, build waterparks in the desert etc?

Holy hell, just when you think you've heard it all...

Man didn't create the oil, it was here before we were.
Hydrocarbons escape from the earth and oceans all the time, far more over time then we have ever burned.
Our time on this planet is but an insignificant blip in the billions of years Earth has been around. How arrogant to think we make any sort of difference to the planet at all. When we are gone there will be no trace of us as Earth goes into the next few billions of years, even the radioactive waste will be gone and all plastics will get recycled into the crust.

All this global hysteria is just a shakedown to tax the peoples of the earth, raise prices on commodities so that far more will suffer and prop up a failed United Nations which seeks a source of revenue. Carbon taxation is the propaganda of the New World Order. When that fails they will come up with a new Ponzi scheme. The next generations will be told they are all going to freeze to death if they don't pay out.

(post by TinfoilTP removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Water and oxygen for starters.

What?

We are not competing with them for either of those.

With water they pee and poop that where they are based and that gets turned into nutrients which plants use.

In fact many ants live in symbiosis with their environment some plants need them I even read in some cases they pollinate plants.

So again I don't think we are in competition with ants for resources unless you count them getting into a box of cookies on a camping trip.

(post by CallYourBluff removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   
None of this is actually true.

If you went back to the last time the door was wide open and the world expanding suddenly, right after the discovery of the new world you'd here the same exact utter crap in London, there will be no way to feed people, the Black Death will get you all from over crowding, the Crusade must be won or white people will go extinct, save the holy land, we are over populated must fight for resources.... EXACT same story as today

Why? because these guys are full of crap lol and everyone falls for it...

Here we are Space and entire New worlds wide open to us, Graphene alone can cut the loss from the grid to a tenth or more, the US actually can supply 1/3 of the worlds food and we haven't built a sing "vertical food tower yet" we are on flat land still lol, Solar Can finish the energy job, Stem Cells can double or life span alone, we are at the heart of why we even age... Even water, these freakin jerk offs, they can drill and pull and refine oil from the depths of the Earth in Alaska and pipe it to So Cal but no one can do that for Water lol?

Here's a good one

If we spent the money from the "war on terror" on colonization of Mars by estimates I have made via Nasa's projected costs, we'd have colonized Mars already in 14 years time

Cost of War on terror... 5 Trillion, seriously.

Cost of Mars Rover Curiosity... 2.5 Billion (forgetting that mass production dramatically reduces costs btw) that's 400 Rovers for the first trillion.

Next supplies, landing a payload 500 Million that's 2000 Payloads of decent size dropped on surface that's the second Trillion

Manned Mission to assemble crap... Can be done for 10 Billion, that's 100 runs of people for another Trillion, 4 person crews or 400 people

There is still 2 Trillion left over vs the War on Terror...

The prices drop with every run, the above costs are highly over estimated per journey....Tech evolves...

So yeah... these pricks are fulla bulla... completely, we aren't remotely running out of space, the free energy potential is basically there already tech wise, the places to spread are right outside, the Technology is all there.... It's God damn Land barons and other pricks holding it back until it's dire for profit... Energy Monopolies, jerks wanting to profit from things like Water, Arms contractors....

Guys we don't even need jobs much longer thanks to Robots... seriously half of jobs could be eliminated, we are at a new Paradigm and people are brain washed into the old, we are very near what Michiu Kaku calls a Type 1 civilization, in fact by tech and information i'd say we are there but there are people holding it back for power and money which... as someone said above can't exist anymore....

Our problem isn't the environment, we can fix anything, it's certain rotten people that need to get their arses handed to them

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
The big bad humans are gonna huff and puff.....wait,

The total weight of all the ants on Earth is about the same as the weight of all the humans on earth.

The little critters equal us in mass so the consumption of resources is not a human monopoly.

[url=http://www.omgfacts.com/lists/4077/The-total-weight-of-all-the-ants-on-Earth-is-about-the-same-as-the-weight-of-all-the-humans-on-earth]link[/url ]

Good lord, that's fantastic, I think it was mentioned in Qi on BBC america that termites spout more CO2, or Methane, cannot remember which, than cows!

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: criticalhit Inspired!
I came her to a) rail against the latest "bogeyman" that will be used to shore up the status quo and
b) To suggest looking outwards for the future of our human race.

You said it better than I could!

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

I look forward to this. I don't live near any major city and I enjoy the serenity of nature(even when it's my cat getting ready to pounce on a bird). I won't bother me at all to see humans vanish. Living and dying are the hard parts.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Yeah, I read about this earlier in the paper, My first impression was that it is yet more subtle preparation for the minds of the masses regarding the pending announcement and passage of Planet X.

This is what Is being highlighted/discussed in this blog.poleshift.ning.com...

The discoveries/revelations, are certainly mounting up:from Exo-planets,life on Mars,asteroid passes etc.

popcorn drawn..

ETA- I certainly agree We Humans have/are damaging the Planet,but it is nothing it can't handle.All of the symptoms of PXs effects have been masked with Co2 level rising from cars bs etc,but this uptick is more likely due to methane being released by fractured tectonic plates and also permafrost melting and releasing methane, not to mention that volcano co2 outputs can dwarf Human output and they are also increasing due to them being activated by gravitational/magnetic influences..so yes PX is coming baton down the hatches!
edit on 16-1-2015 by EndOfDays77 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join