It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the difference between a dream or vision/prediction??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
okay so i have a friend who claims to have visions and claims she feels the difference whether its just a thought or a real vision showing whats going to happen... now some times when she talks about it it seems real but most of the time i don't believe it.. (like 1 time it seemed real because she told me the name of my oldest brother i never told her about and there is no possible way she could have known him because i barely knew him and never talked about him but she knew his first name)

so.. any body on here truly believe they too have visions? predictions? and if you have, if you still do... can you explain how you feel the difference if its just a random thought or a true vision?

PLEASE if you comment.. please be serious, don't troll or spam and don't do those just because i told you not too...

ok an EDIT: i do not mean after doing any kind of drugs, at all
edit on 15-1-2015 by saiyankev because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: saiyankev

I know the difference between a dream and a #snip# derived hallucination, one seemed real but strange when i awoke the other seemed to fantastic and days to figure out what happened. My point is, is that sometimes these minds eye things can be super tricky and confusing as hell. I don't have visions or anything but thought that was relevant.
edit on 15-1-2015 by Brotherman because: removing a bad word

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

I know the difference between a dream and a mushroom derived hallucination, one seemed real but strange when i awoke the other seemed to fantastic and days to figure out what happened. My point is, is that sometimes these minds eye things can be super tricky and confusing as hell. I don't have visions or anything but thought that was relevant.

okay sorry, i was hoping commenters would know i did not mean doing drugs...

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
The only hint I have that a dream might be something important instead of just a dream is that the important ones are impossible for me to forget. I also don't have very many of them at all. I'm having a rough time of it if I have four or five in a year and even that distinction isn't definite. Some of those dreams seem to be a hint of events that could happen and others just seem to be a random hodge-podge of disjointed images. Those last I think may be comprised of symbols.

But I really have only my own belief about it to go on.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

You shouldn't dismiss the use of psychedelics when it comes to receiving visions.
Mankind has been using this tool for all of history.
When we dream, our own bodies produce the drug #snip#.

I wouldn't discredit the use of psychedelics as just "drugs", you would be seriously limiting yourself from receiving the real answers that you seek...
edit on 15-1-2015 by FinalCountdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I dont really do drugs, I have tried that before a long long time ago, the point I was making is that regardless of how it happened sometimes I think that this type of experience maybe not necessarily a hallucination but something that happened mentally so profound can be very difficult to figure out what happened. Do I believe there is something to it? Yeah of course I do. Do I believe people can tell the future or read my mind, absolutely not, at least not in that sense. Lots of tribes associate certain substances to their prophecies and their visions so I thought it was applicable, sorry about all that.
edit on 15-1-2015 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: FinalCountdown

You shouldn't dismiss the use of psychedelics when it comes to receiving visions.

I wouldn't discredit the use of psychedelics as just "drugs", you would be seriously limiting yourself from receiving the real answers that you seek...

ya but people who do drugs "see" a lot of things, hard to believe anybody who claims to see or hear things that also do drugs... or anything else that can cause a "vision"

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

A vision is a visual.

A thought is a thought and non-visual.

A dream is a dream and a premonition dream is a vision.

I have premonitional (is that even a word?) dreams and visions and then I have just thoughts and imaginative ideas that I can see in my head.

Discovering the difference between the two takes a lot of time and is why you will hear a lot of psychics tell you to know yourself, because if you don't, you will have a hard time distinguishing between what is just thought and what is something more. Your friend may very well be on the path of a psychic, but is learning through trial and error what is and is not, by playing head games with you.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Well, I'm sorry you feel that way.

We often create our own roadblocks in life when it comes to growing and learning.
A lot of people can never get to the next level because they have too many "supposed to" rules in their life.
edit on 15-1-2015 by FinalCountdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71

Your friend may very well be on the path of a psychic, but is learning through trial and error what is and is not, by playing head games with you.

ya she says she told 1 person something she saw about them so they avoid it but something worse happened (not death, just something different than what she saw because she told them)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
even i have had thoughts.. i thought were just weird, random dreams... i thought or had a dream about being a car, friend drove but was somewhere i was in the car doing something.. idk, then friend showed up then something.. idk.. that was like 10 years or so ago but then 2 years ago i was in the car with my gf (ex now).. she went to do something.. minutes go by.. she comes back.. and i don't know what got me to remember but i remembered that little bit.. like 5 min was exactly the same dream.. or thought, nothing different.. that's what got me to wonder maybe there is something weird but unknown about this world.. about visions (besides my friend claiming things she couldn't have known about me...)

i had another thing happen that was the same as a dream.. or thought or.. vision.. but i don't remember

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Its interesting that you talk about this. When it comes to it I have had these kinds of vision things happen to me but it isn't exactly the same as your friends.

My visions are a bit like deja vu. I all of a sudden I have this feeling like this event has happened to me before even though it hasn't and thats when I remember I dreamt about this event one time ago. I know I kind of explained this in a confusing way so I am going to give an example of one of these "visions".

About 4 years ago when I was in middle school, I was having a normal morning getting ready for school. When I was ready to leave for school I walked out to our garage to see our car wasn't there, my dad then told me we temporarily have a replacement vehicle on the street (it wouldn't fit in our garage). So we headed to the car and drove off to my school. Sometime down the road I got this weird feeling in my head and tingles went down my back and I felt like this event already happened to me. After a little thought I remembered it like I had dreamt this certain image before that I had seen on the road.

I have had visions like this before and like this one all of them are mostly irrelevant. Though my visions are pretty stupid it still is proof enough to me that people can see into the future. I have put massive thought into this and came to the conclusion that somewhere along the way human kind evolved to be able to see somewhat into the future as a survival ability. For those of you out there who say "If every human out there has it why don't I?". Here's my answer: you probably do but these "visions" can be so subtle that they are very easily ignored.

Thank you for putting out this thread Saiyankev. I feel it is a very important topic and can be proof that there are other hidden abilities within humans (I'm not talking Telekinesis or anything just small things like this).

Reply if you have any questions.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: chancellor336

My visions are a bit like deja vu. I all of a sudden I have this feeling like this event has happened to me before even though it hasn't and thats when I remember I dreamt about this event one time ago.

funny you said that right after i mentioned my "deja Vu" moment, glad im not the only one

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I have had psychic dreams with passed away family members trying to convey messages, and I have had visions. Visions just happen when you are wide awake. It is like your spirit is pulled like a magnet to somewhere else where someone speaks to you, and you speak to them. For me it was pure telepathy, or just using your mind to speak silently, same as reading a book silently. When it is finished you can be slapped back to where you were with quite a jolt, or the fog just clears and you sit there saying "whoa" These things do not happen to everyone.

I have also had psychic seeing which is having your eyes closed, but you can see everything in the room, and when doing it, the room is a lot brighter and you can see perfectly. It's like the soul popping out for an astral peek, without moving or going anywhere. This has similarities to sleep paralysis without being paralyzed.

Experiencing any of these things can either enlighten a person, or scare the nonsense out of you, and leave you with a few months of not feeling right with the world.

edit on 15-1-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Please, find your brother.a reply to: saiyankev

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: saiyankev

ya but people who do drugs "see" a lot of things, hard to believe anybody who claims to see or hear things that also do drugs... or anything else that can cause a "vision"

It's difficult to believe no matter who is making the claim. Conduct a test. Have this person write down his/her "visions" (only if they're specific as to what and when), seal them in an envelope, write the date the event is supposed to occur across the seal and hand the envelope to you. When the date passes, open the envelope and see whether the vision is accurate. Things like, "There will be war in the Middle East" or "There will be floods in the south" don't count. Anyone can predict that.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
mmm. A vision can occur say, when you're having a shower, you are in a waking dream, with lots of symbology. and then it is over and you back under the shower again... at least thats how I understand it. Dreams are Nocturnal journeys of the soul. Predictions are of a set time, place and or event to occur, if you have these, documentation is key for proof..Hallucinations no thanks!!! Say No to drugs.....

edit on 16-1-2015 by Insidedaheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown
Please, find your brother.a reply to: saiyankev

oh we already met him last year, but I mean she knew his name like a year before that.. I already talked to him but didn't tell her for a while... But she knew his name

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

It's difficult to believe no matter who is making the claim. Conduct a test. Have this person write down his/her "visions" (only if they're specific as to what and when), seal them in an envelope, write the date the event is supposed to occur across the seal and hand the envelope to you. When the date passes, open the envelope and see whether the vision is accurate. Things like, "There will be war in the Middle East" or "There will be floods in the south" don't count. Anyone can predict that.

Ya thats a good idea but she will never tell anybody her visions until after they happen bcuz shes scared it'll cause something worse to happen

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

Ya thats a good idea but she will never tell anybody her visions until after they happen bcuz shes scared it'll cause something worse to happen

Can't you think of another reason why she won't tell anyone until after they've happened? I can. She's lying.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join