It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to run a gun shop...too bad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Here is an interesting article I just read. Any sport shooters out there may wanna take note.
Mind you, it was on Fox News.
apparently the DOJ is now intimidating banks whom do business with businesses deemed "high risk"
This list includes Firearms dealers or ammo suppliers. source

I don't have a lot to add other than a giant WTF.
Fail at control through legislation, so try the control of banks now.
Theses psychos are getting to a scary point.

edit on 1 by Mandroid7 because: i cant spell

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Progressive discrimination comes in many forms.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Been going on now for awhile!

It is under the name of "Operation Choke Point".

The Justice Department’s “Operation Choke Point” initiative has been shrouded in secrecy, but now it is starting to come to light. I first heard about the program in January through this article and since then it has been difficult to discover details about it. It is so named because through strangling the providers of financial services to the targeted industries, the government can “choke off” the oxygen (money) needed for these industries to survive. Without an ability to process payments, the businesses – especially online vendors — cannot survive.

Operation Choke Point

So I guess so much for the progressive talking point that "no we're not going to take your guns"?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: Mandroid7

Been going on now for awhile!

It is under the name of "Operation Choke Point".

The Justice Department’s “Operation Choke Point” initiative has been shrouded in secrecy, but now it is starting to come to light. I first heard about the program in January through this article and since then it has been difficult to discover details about it. It is so named because through strangling the providers of financial services to the targeted industries, the government can “choke off” the oxygen (money) needed for these industries to survive. Without an ability to process payments, the businesses – especially online vendors — cannot survive.

Operation Choke Point

So I guess so much for the progressive talking point that "no we're not going to take your guns"?

They're not going to take our guns. They're just going to make it impossible to buy new guns or ammo for them. Totally different

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

That will teach people to run online businesses instead of good old fashioned stores, and for buying online rather than doing business locally!

I jest, I jest, gimme a break!

In all seriousness, this has to be some flavour of illegal. It argues intensely with the free market ideal of capitalism. Personally, capitalism can jump off of a high place, without a wing suit for all I care, but if a nation promotes itself as a commerce nation, its government may not interfere with the businesses being run inside of it to this degree.

The double standard is impressive.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Yeah Bank of America doner to the DNC does this.

www.washingtontimes.com...

hotair.com...

What stinking constitution!

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963
Thanks for the link
My eyes just opened to it with this article.
I knew they were doing this with the MMJ industry out in Colorado.
I am surprised to see this hit the msm.

Man, if this country keeps going south at this rate, I'm gonna head south and take an expat boat outa here.
The laws, taxes and costs of living make it almost not worth it to stay. And how safe would my kids be in a country headed in this direction? Would I be better off buying a bright orange onesy? Yikes

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Only 'good' Romans will be left. Just enough to run the slaves and count the money.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Just become a pawn broker with an active FFL. Win win.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

n all seriousness, this has to be some flavour of illegal. It argues intensely with the free market ideal of capitalism.

Uh?

Gun control is anti free market, and anti capitalism, but they don't seem to care.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Easier to get loans from ah longs than banks .. not to mention ah longs have more honour and better manner than bankers ..
Not surprised uncle scam trying back door route to shut down arms dealers .. uncle scam hates competition ..
edit on 16/1/15 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I wonder if this is why two of the four gun shops I've ever been to have shut down in the last year.

Might be time to make some calls...

Figures. I can't afford to start stocking up on ammo right now- but I cant imagine a company like Wal*Mart putting up a fight if their banks said "stop carrying ammo or we're pulling your accounts"

sigh

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
This has been an ongoing issue for some time now that many of us have been aware of and is something that could drive a lot of the smaller gun shops out of business. That being said, while the article was published today, note that the specific incident cited happened in November. That's important, because HR 83, the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act of 2015, supposedly prevents the use of 'Operation Choke Point' to target the firearms industry in this manner, at least according to the NRA. That bill was signed into law in December 2014.

I've tried to find that particular provision and haven't yet, but I have found the others mentioned in the NRA article, plus another dealing with defunding the destruction of surplus rifles and ammunition.

I guess we'll have to see if this law has any effect or not, or if this administration just ignores it and does whatever the hell it wants.
edit on 16-1-2015 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: TrueBrit

n all seriousness, this has to be some flavour of illegal. It argues intensely with the free market ideal of capitalism.

Uh?

Gun control is anti free market, and anti capitalism, but they don't seem to care.

That's what he said, "it argues intensely with the free market ideal of capitalism"...

Derek

top topics

join