It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would the prophet Mohammed been offended by the Charlie Hebdo satire?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Good evening ATS, I have a question that I have been pondering on since the atrocities in Paris.

Would the prophet Mohammed been offended by the satirical cartoons that Charlie Hebdo published?

I have read much text over the last week or so and I have come to the conclusion that he would probably have laughed and forgiven the editors of Charlie Hebdo. Therefore, what gives others the right to feel offended on his behalf? No living person actually knows what he looked like, so any depiction isn't going to be an accurate one.

I personally do not think that religion should have the privilege of being protected from criticism or satire. Sure there have been many religions that have been harshly treated throughout history, but no religion should be protected by law from criticism, let alone anyone deciding to take someone's life as a result.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

I have read much text over the last week or so and I have come to the conclusion that he would probably have laughed and forgiven the editors of Charlie Hebdo.

LOL,

Not Likely:

www.thereligionofpeace.com...

Question:

Does Islam teach that those who 'insult' the religion or its founder should be put to death?

Summary Answer:

Under Sharia, those who insult Muhammad or Allah are to be executed. So are those who desecrate the Qur'an or commit other acts of blasphemy. This tradition began with Muhammad, as recorded in the Hadith and by his biographers. There is also a Quranic basis for it.

The Qur'an:

Qur'an (6:93) - "Who can be more wicked than one who inventeth a lie against Allah?" If the death penalty is prescribed for lesser crime, then it stands to reason that it should be imposed for the most "wicked".

Qur'an (33:57) - "Lo! those who malign Allah and His messenger, Allah hath cursed them in this world and the Hereafter, and hath prepared for them the doom of the disdained"

Qur'an (33:61) - [continues from above] "Accursed, they will be seized wherever found and slain with a (fierce) slaughter."

From the Hadith:

Bukhari (59:369) - This recounts the murder of Ka'b bin al-Ashraf, a Jewish poet who wrote verses about Muslims that Muhammad found insulting. He asked his followers, 'Who will rid me of this man?' and several volunteered. al-Ashraf was stabbed to death while fighting for his life.

Bukhari (3:106) - "The Prophet said, "Do not tell a lie against me for whoever tells a lie against me (intentionally) then he will surely enter the Hell-fire."

Bukhari (4:241) - Those who mocked Muhammad at Mecca were killed after he had retaken the city and asserted his authority.

Additional Notes:

One of the tricks that Muslim apologists play to obscure the fact that Islam prescribes death for detractors is to quote Qur'an (3:186). This is an earlier verse following a defeat in battle - when Muhammad's forces were relatively weak. Though encouraging Muslims to endure insults at the time, the text goes on to say that if Muslims are patient, then a "grievous penalty" will befall those who mock them. Indeed, the peopel to whom this verse specifically referred, were put to death by Muhammad just a few short years later.

Muhammad executed his critics as quickly as he could obtain the power to do so. His biographers list numerous citizens who were murdered merely for mockery or criticism, particularly poets - the media artists of the time. One was a mother of five, who had her child pulled from her breast before she was run through with a sword. See Muhammad's Dead Poets Society for more information.

When author Salman Rushdie published "The Satanic Verses," a 1988 novel deemed offensive to Muhammad, the Ayatollah Khomeini pronounced a death sentence that was supported by a majority of Muslims.

After a Danish newspaper published cartoons of Muhammad in 2006, an Imam (and immigrant to Denmark), traveled back to the Middle East and whipped up hatred that resulted in deadly rioting on three continents. Demonstrators in London held signs reading "Massacre Those Who Insult Islam."

A more in-depth discussion of this subject can be found in other places, including this article from Answering-Islam and Insulting Muhammad from American Thinker.

edit on 15-1-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I'm sure he'd be much more offended by the response.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Good evening ATS, I have a question that I have been pondering on since the atrocities in Paris.

Would the prophet Mohammed been offended by the satirical cartoons that Charlie Hebdo published?

I have read much text over the last week or so and I have come to the conclusion that he would probably have laughed and forgiven the editors of Charlie Hebdo. Therefore, what gives others the right to feel offended on his behalf? No living person actually knows what he looked like, so any depiction isn't going to be an accurate one.

I personally do not think that religion should have the privilege of being protected from criticism or satire. Sure there have been many religions that have been harshly treated throughout history, but no religion should be protected by law from criticism, let alone anyone deciding to take someone's life as a result.

Yes, he would have.

That's why he told you never to make images or drawings of himself. Did you hear about the imam who issued the ruling against snowmen?

He even told Aisha to tear up the pillow case, didn't he? And that was AFTER he told her that Allah had shown him a picture of her on a piece of cloth. Apparently with Mohammed, whatever was good for the goose was not good for the gander.

Yes, Mohammed would have been offended, after all, he was offended by people looking up when praying, people passing gas in the mosque, the smell of garlic, black dogs, not washing your feet, using the left hand to clean yourself and people not brushing their teeth.

He was also offended by people making fun of him, that's why he had several people killed. He was offended by a lot of things, and usually by things that made him look like what he was. What a silly question you posed, of course he would be offended. After all, it was his command for no one to make fun of him.

If Mohammed were alive today, he'd be ousted for the scam artist he was.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Lol & ReligionOfPeace...

Cobaltic never asked what Sharia dictates...
He asked what would Muhammad feel about this event...

& all that aside, ReligionOfPeace loves to cherry pick the Quran...

For example...
You shared Surah 33:57 & Surah 33:61 and they said "continued from above"...
However it wasn't...

61 is describing the rumour spreaders of Medina...
Not those who insult the Prophet.

Even 57 has nothing to do with a death sentence or insults either...
They will be cursed in this Life...
That is not a death penalty, it is a Life of hardship for placing oneself above Allah!

Honestly from one human to another beliefs aside...
ReligionOfPeace is a propaganda site...
The name gives it away that they're intentionally being sarcastic & it shouldn't surprise you that they'd go out of their way to try and mislead people...

They are those sow discord & lies about Islam...

Allah is knowing of this & will reward them justly!

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: infolurker

Lol & ReligionOfPeace...

Cobaltic never asked what Sharia dictates...
He asked what would Muhammad feel about this event...

& all that aside, ReligionOfPeace loves to cherry pick the Quran...

For example...
You shared Surah 33:57 & Surah 33:61 and they said "continued from above"...
However it wasn't...

61 is describing the rumour spreaders of Medina...
Not those who insult the Prophet.

Even 57 has nothing to do with a death sentence or insults either...
They will be cursed in this Life...
That is not a death penalty, it is a Life of hardship for placing oneself above Allah!

Honestly from one human to another beliefs aside...
ReligionOfPeace is a propaganda site...
The name gives it away that they're intentionally being sarcastic & it shouldn't surprise you that they'd go out of their way to try and mislead people...

They are those sow discord & lies about Islam...

Allah is knowing of this & will reward them justly!

Who is this Allah?

Do you even know?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

I feel certain he would have forgiven them...

I don't know if he would have laughed, more I think he would have felt a pity towards them for not having a vivid enough imagination with which to use their artistic gift...

For others to be offended on his behalf, not only are they making an Idol out of Muhammad, they're also placing themselves on a pedestal above Allah by thinking they are the ones with the ability to Judge...

Both major Sins in Islam.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

The Merciful!

I have experienced the Mercy!

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

The Merciful!

I have experienced the Mercy!

Really?

How do you know? How do you know it wasn't just Shaytan playing games with you until he decides to really give it to you?

Who is this Allah? Do you personally know Allah? Did Mohammed personally know Allah?

No, Mohammed did not personally ever meet Allah, speak to Allah, converse with Allah, nothing. So how do you know and how do you know Mohammed knew Allah?

As far as everything I have ever read in the Quran and Hadiths, Mohammed only talked to some being he mistakenly called Jibreel, and then he was only told that by Khadijah, who wasn't in the cave.

So why would Allah never speak directly to his "prophet" and yet spoke directly to every other prophet? Seems to me something is missing here.

How do you know what Mohammed said is true? Have you ever met Allah? So you experienced mercy and yet mercy in Islam is only spoken of for the end of time. I know what the Quran says, so don't try the game with me.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Surah 33:43

"He is such that He & His Angels send blessings to you...

So that He brings you out from all sorts of darkness into Light...

& He is very Merciful to the believers!"

Exodus 33:20 But," he said, "you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live."

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
to honestly find the answer to that you have first know exactly all spiritual ramifacations of our actions in the flesh. To sum it up real short here some believe that imagination land is real and unless we can prove it either way then we honestly do not know.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Surah 33:43

"He is such that He & His Angels send blessings to you...

So that He brings you out from all sorts of darkness into Light...

& He is very Merciful to the believers!"

Exodus 33:20 But," he said, "you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live."

Show me the verse where Mohammed spoke directly to Allah without Jibreel. Can you do that?

And then, how do you know? Personally, YOU, how do YOU know it was Allah if you can't even have access directly to Allah to speak with Allah yourself?

I never said "seen" I said "spoke to, conversed with". Don't play the game, just answer from your own experience how YOU know Allah is true, without Mohammed telling you about some being named Jibreel.

Have you conversed with Allah yourself? Have you met Allah yourself? And if so, why not?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

No, Mohammed did not personally ever meet Allah

I never said "seen"

How do you go about meeting people you haven't seen?

Go and troll someone else who will let you move the goalposts.

You're out of your depth...

I answered 3 of your questions with 2 Verses...

You don't need to know if I've spoken to Allah...
You wouldn't believe even if I have spoke with Allah...

You're playing the game!

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

No, Mohammed did not personally ever meet Allah

I never said "seen"

How do you go about meeting people you haven't seen?

Go and troll someone else who will let you move the goalposts.

You're out of your depth...

I answered 3 of your questions with 2 Verses...

You don't need to know if I've spoken to Allah...
You wouldn't believe even if I have spoke with Allah...

You're playing the game!

Seriously, really, if your eternal soul depends upon it, don't you think you should know Allah or not?

If you have spoken to Allah and conversed with Allah, then you just committed shirk. You know very well that Mohammed was Allah, and if you don't need Mohammed to converse with Allah.....then you committed shirk.

But seriously, really, how do YOU know?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Muhammad is Allah?

You really have no idea what you're talking about obviously...

Associating Muhammad with Allah is Shirk!!!

Don't keep asking me how I know as if you're interested in this...

You clearly possess inferior psychology or some sort of complex to tell someone "not to play games" when your whole bit has been a game from the beginning.

Pitiful.

Now if you don't mind is rather not perpetuate a thread drift, I like Cobaltic, respect his thread and move along unless you can answer his OP!
edit on 15-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Muhammad is Allah?

You really have no idea what you're talking about obviously...

Associating Muhammad with Allah is Shirk!!!

Don't keep asking me how I know as if you're interested in this...

You clearly possess inferior psychology or some sort of complex to tell someone "not to play games" when your whole bit has been a game from the beginning.

Pitiful.

Now if you don't mind is rather not perpetuate a thread drift, I like Cobaltic, respect his thread and move along unless you can answer his OP!

Yes, you do associate Mohammed with Allah in your shahada, because you can't testify that Allah is God without Mohammed, because you have to also testify of Mohammed in the same sentence, which means that Mohammed is associated with Allah, it's your shahada, not mine. I'm not the one forced to say it so Allah (Mohammed) won't throw me in the hellfire.

Remind us again, exactly what are the words of your shahada?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Allah is the only God & Muhammad is his servant & messenger...

So now explain to me again how Muhammad was Allah?

You have a laughable "knowledge" of the subject you have brought up!

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Allah is the only God & Muhammad is his servant & messenger...

So now explain to me again how Muhammad was Allah?

You have a laughable "knowledge" of the subject you have brought up!

Did you say "IS"?

That's what you have to explain, IF Mohammed IS the messenger and prophet, then Mohammed MUST be alive to be IS. So IS Mohammed the messenger that you testify to now?

And if Mohammed IS, then Mohammed is Allah, because IS means now, not then. Mohammed died, right? Mohammed's followers waited four days to bury him, right?

So IS Mohammed the messenger now or WAS? If you say in your shahada, that means Mohammed is the messenger NOW and must be living NOW, but since he is NOT now living and DOESN'T prophecy NOW, then your shahada is saying that Mohammed is Allah, if Allah is eternal. And if Allah is eternal and Mohammed isn't eternal, then your shahada makes you testify of something not true.

So, IS or WAS?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

If I say "I was a Christian"...
That means I'm not now...

Was implies that he isn't our Prophet now!

I'm done with you, you're clutching at straws & your logic is flawed!
edit on 15-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

He is the false prophet. Of course he would be angry.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join