It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope says those who insult religion should expect a punch on the nose

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
"Turn the other cheek" always has been a control tool for the masses. "Winners" of this world don't turn the other cheek, they make a standing for their respect.

Eye for an eye, that's the rule of who won't stand for abuse.

Just like the great Spiderman said : "With great power comes great responsibility."
Yes, free speech is a power, now learn to suffer the responsibilities that come with it.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: cuckooold

Rome: The Pope has weighed in to the debate over freedom of expression in the wake of the Paris attacks, saying that anyone who insults a religion can expect "a punch on the nose".

In provocative remarks that may cause consternation in France, Pope Francis said that freedom of expression had its limits.

Tell the pope that his religion and the institution he represents hasn't still been clear from all the blood they've shed throw centuries.

Why do all this religious freaks are the same, no matter who they pray to?
edit on 16-1-2015 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
They have made those terrorists and sep 11 game and ISIS and ...... these are all their own game. Game of corrupted powers for controlling mind and worlds of humanity.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

This 'pope' (with a little p) is a whore. He says whatever he thinks people will like to hear, mixed in with whatever it is his controllers have him say. He is as bad a wind-up doll as Barack. This man is NOT your friend, do NOT take his advice, and DO NOT listen to him regarding the Lord, because he is a fraud.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I've not got a lot of time for religious leaders, but he seems less horrible than most. Still, he holds a lot of power over a large amount of people, and I worry that his comments may be taken as encouragement by the 'jihadists', as well as some sort of tacit 'allowability' or 'green light' for members of his own 'tribe' to take certain matters into their own hands.

Me neither - not religious. Each to their own so I've no big axe to grind with them in general.

Still, he must see the irony of advocating violence as a reaction to being offended. All those billions of crosses around the world are symbols of Faith, forgiveness and redemption - not violence. The portrayal of a crucified Jesus isn't there to glorify or justify violence...quite the opposite!

Sure...Jesus got a bit arsey with the money lenders, but he wasn't punching them in the nose was he??

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: combatmaster
My oh my.... Wasn't Jesus all about forgive n forget?

He is not Jesus...he is a man last time I looked, so he can punch all he wants.

To put his words into something people here might understand better...

If you feel the need to talk SH*T then don't be surprise if you get you A$$ kicked...understand now?

I can see it now... an extremist catholic group doing this to people...

Korg

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

The coverpage of Charlie in itself bears probably a stronger message about the true christian values than the popal statement.
By quoting 'Tout est pardonné' - 'Everything is forgiven', the message is unlikely the one the should prevail among the Christians.
And by featuring yet another caricature of Mahomed, it applies the following Jesus recomendation : If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Now the ball is back again on the Muslim side.

There is a double-understanding in the Pope's statement : those insulting religion may also be the Jihadists ...

edit on 16-1-2015 by theultimatebelgianjoke because: Added text

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   

The pope is clearly an idiot

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

He is far from being an idiot, and thus far from innocent.
Just like every people who are smart enough to understand the purpose of the game they are playing, but don't want to think too much about it.

edit on 20-1-2015 by theultimatebelgianjoke because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I've got your back
Eminence .

Curry those bad eggs !?

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

"Freedom is indivisible" - JFK & Nelson Mandella. The pope can go jump in a lake.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: radarloveguy

As a belgian guy, I'd like to suggest a belgian speciality : the belgian compromise.
But some would probably have a tough time with that.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReturnofTheSonOfNothing
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

"Freedom is indivisible" - JFK & Nelson Mandella. The pope can go jump in a lake.

Of fire.......

(Couldn't resist)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Does not sound very enlighten words from head of spiritual religion?
What happen to turn another cheek?
But why should i feel hurt any way that someone dislikes the faith i have?

I think spiritual path kinda of starts with idea of not using any sort of violence, even against aggressors but again violence was very instructive of used method to bring some religious church in this power.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: romilo

I think the biggest issult performed against a religion can only be done by those who claim to act in its name.
What has been done in the name of Allah is backfiring on all the muslims.
Hopefully Charlie Hebdo is clearly not affiliated with any religion.

As the representative of the roman catholic church, the Pope is on very slippery terrain here.
As I said earlier, there should be nothing wrong with the new Charlie cover from a Christian perspective. Turning the cheek is OK, pulling down your trousers isn't.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke
Turning the cheek is OK, pulling down your trousers isn't.

And in order to demonstrates this, please admire the double-d#@& structure in the middle of the portrait when flipped :

Cheers Luz !!!

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Boot to the head.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: NiZZiM

I really don't see how he's out of line. If you insult someone you have a chance to be punished for it. I'm not saying and he's not saying that it's ok to kill, but that you should be ready for consequences. You see those crazy Christians picketing funerals and they've been beat down before too. If someone insulted my mom I'd retaliate also. Just not as violent as murdering people. These guys took it way too far. They should've done something else to communicate their anger, but yes they did have a reason to be mad. Free speach pisses people off all the time.

Those weren't Christians picketing funerals, they were lawyers masquerading as Christians to get their tax free status to keep the money they get from their lawsuits. They fool some Christians into joining their little band of misfits, and sadly, those Christians are waylaid from joining the right path. Those idiots even picket other churches on Sundays for "preaching the false word of God". Now I don't recall that in Bible where God said to protest against other preachers preaching His word, but hey, maybe I'm wrong.

Westboro Idiots

The name of their website reflects this. Their antics are denounced across almost all spectra of political and religious thought. Their hatred, and seeking of publicity, goes beyond homosexuality. They also protested the Pope's visit, calling him the anti-Christ.

Fred Phelps graduated from Washburn University School of Law in Topeka in 1962 and designed his church/family as a giant law firm used to sue those angry enough to retaliate against the "church" or to bar its offensive activities from their communities. Eleven of Phelps' thirteen children are lawyers. All five of the attorneys for the Phelps Chartered Law Firm, which Fred Phelps founded in 1964, are his children.

"'They scrupulously obeyed the ordinance' that kept them and their 'God hates fags' and 'America is doomed' signs away from the funeral of Marine Lance Cpl. Matthew Snyder, said Mark Potok, who directs Southern Poverty Law Center's Intelligence Project. 'They're good at this,' Potok said, noting that the family has successfully sued many communities for monetary damages after they tried to restrict the family's constitutionally protected protests. 'They understand the First Amendment very, very well. They are not stupid people. They are vile people.'"
-Andrea Stone, AOL News

"'They have a very well-respected law firm in Topeka,' Sherman says. 'People in town said, Well, we don't like them, but if we want to win a case, we'll go to them.' Church spokeswoman Phelps-Roper says their booming employment and family law practice pays the bills for their travels across the country, when they shout their anti-gay message. They travel in vans to keep down the costs, which she says can add up to $200,000 a year... The protests are in themselves a source of some income, according to Potok. Over the years the Phelpses have filed lawsuits against communities that try to stop them from demonstrating. 'And as a general matter they have won,' he says. 'They know their First Amendment rights very well, and they've been very good at defending them.' When they win, they often receive tens of thousands of dollars in court fees. And their winning streak is likely to continue, now that the Supreme Court has decided that Westboro's right to free speech trumps the right of families to bury their loved ones undisturbed."
-Barbara Bradley Hagerty, NPR

Phelps has strongly supported Fidel Castro and Saddam Hussein in the past. Hussein allowed a group of Westboro delegates to visit Iraq to protest against the U.S.

Pickets churches on Sundays

WBC pickets approximately six locations every day, including many in Topeka and some events farther afield. On Sundays, up to 15 churches may receive pickets. By their own count, WBC has picketed in all 50 U.S. states.

Please, do us caring Christians a favor and NOT lump us in with this bunch of lawyers who are looking for a tax break. Thanks!

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Love is patient
Love moves slow
It doesn't punch you on the nose

Love is nice
Love is kind
It doesn't punch in the eye

Love forgives
Love forgets
It doesn't bite you, kick, or hit

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I hear people SLAMMING Christianity ALL the time I THINK I can handle it would striking them AT ALL.
ISLAM on the other hand...
edit on 22-1-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join