It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The United States is divided, we must learn to work together as a unit

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: thesaneone

Seems to me like your still trolling and touting off ilogical perspectives because you didnt like the title of a thread i made however long ago.

If you don't want people to reply to you then stop making threads.

You must be a very lonely person I almost feel sad for you.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

If the United States wants to move into a better place in the future we need to start operating as a unit. We need to set aside politics and social issues and figure out a way to start working together again as a family.

We are preoccupied by who makes more money, who is more intelligent, whos in better shape and who has the nicest house or the newest car. We have forgotten family values, and the values that built this nation into what it became. We forgot how to work hard, police the communities, watch out for one another. Our cities are dieing, small business is dead, families are destroying themselves for selfish materialism. We need to forget everything we here and see in the mainstream media and start working on our communities.

I have an idea...

In order for the U.S. to continue to lead the world forward, we must all individually be responsible for our own actions. We need to stand for politics that we believe in, stand for individual freedoms, and stand against tyrants who would like to see those individual freedoms taken away -even if that means strong disagreements.

We must quit looking into our neighbor's homes and judging them, and instead look into the mirror and make sure we're individually living according to our values.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

medicalmarijuana.procon.org...

Right down the center.

www.prisonpolicy.org...

What percentage of the population is that?

www.prisonpolicy.org...

Income inequality much?

www.independent.co.uk...

How about the advantages of going to one of the most expensive and elite colleges in the country vs a degree at CC?

www.politico.com...

Beginning a generation ago, the United States became less a nation than a collection of loosely connected islands — all busy creating their own economies, cultures and politics. If it seems the country can’t find a mutual purpose these days, one reason is that, each year, Americans have less in common with fellow citizens who may live only a few dozen miles down the road.

Read more: www.politico.com...

Elections don’t solve differences in America because our differences aren’t about politics. We are separating by the way we live, and these differences are increasing. Read more: www.politico.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

What about racism?

www.washingtontimes.com...

Oh how about ilegal immagration???

www.globalresearch.ca...

How about increased police presence?

What about the war in Iraq what about Isreal? Fool.

Oh no i know whats really going on. Your more interested in the poster than the topic.

Glad i dont have to be you.

edit on 1/15/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Yuuupppp... your hear to troll me i know. Your not interested in discussing anything because your a grouchy old man. Nice.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I did not know 40 was old.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

medicalmarijuana.procon.org...

Right down the center.

www.prisonpolicy.org...

What percentage of the population is that?

www.prisonpolicy.org...

Income inequality much?

www.independent.co.uk...

How about the advantages of going to one of the most expensive and elite colleges in the country vs a degree at CC?

www.politico.com...

Beginning a generation ago, the United States became less a nation than a collection of loosely connected islands — all busy creating their own economies, cultures and politics. If it seems the country can’t find a mutual purpose these days, one reason is that, each year, Americans have less in common with fellow citizens who may live only a few dozen miles down the road.

Read more: www.politico.com...

Elections don’t solve differences in America because our differences aren’t about politics. We are separating by the way we live, and these differences are increasing. Read more: www.politico.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

What about racism?

www.washingtontimes.com...

Oh how about ilegal immagration???

www.globalresearch.ca...

How about increased police presence?

What about the war in Iraq what about Isreal? Fool.

Oh no i know whats really going on. Your more interested in the poster than the topic.

Glad i dont have to be you.

So your OP states we need to forget everything we see and hear in the MSM and then you post a bunch of links to MSM sites that you use to support your flawed premise.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
America isn't divided.

The political parties are polarized.

HUGE difference.

Average Joe American wants to go to work, come home, drink a beer, have sex with his wife, go to sleep, and do it again tomorrow. On the weekends, he wants to enjoy his hobbies, have sex with his wife, and then get ready for work.

America is just fine.

Stop letting television tell you that you are unhappy.

link   

Nice deflection props on that one.

link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: onequestion

Interesting I'm sitting in my yard in AZ. medicating and I have not been shot.

But anyway our disagreement on this tiny issue is proof why your op is a pipe dream, people will never come together and agree on every issue.

Disunity doesn't always lead to death. I thought I'd illustrated that in my story in Sydney.

I don't doubt that many Americans are united on many things, but I can 100% tell you that I've seen in depth documentaries about the deep social and racial division within America.

To balance that out, I'll say right now before the shills attack, I've also seen documentaries on the terrible disadvantage the aboriginal people have here in Oz too.

Wherever you see the haves and the have nots you will find some level of disunity.
edit on 15-1-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Your wasting your imagination on the trolls dont bother haha. I just post information for people that do have the ability to think.

link   

Your wasting your imagination on the trolls dont bother haha. I just post information for people that do have the ability to think.

link   

originally posted by: Jamie1
Your entire premise is false.

The people in the United States work together every day, with more diversity than any country in the world.

Try turning off your television and internet, and just walking around your city or neighborhood.

Everybody is working together. 99.9% of the people have no problems working together.

I thought I was the only one who felt that way.

Small businesses in my area are thriving. There is a true sense of community.

Yeah, people complain, but that's normal. It doesn't mean the end of life as we know it, and no, the United States isn't falling apart. Our government is messed up, but we're very resilient. We find a way to get past obstacles. We're no different than other parts of the world.

I just get tired of hearing all doom and gloom.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Your wasting your imagination on the trolls dont bother haha. I just post my opinion for people that do have the ability to think like me.

Fixed it for you.
edit on 15-1-2015 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Wake me up when it gets so bad people resort to cannibalism. I can storm the rest. Best of luck thinking the world is ending. What if you're wrong? Turn off the television for a couple months and live your life. You'll see it's all bull#. You'll be happier.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD

originally posted by: Jamie1
Your entire premise is false.

The people in the United States work together every day, with more diversity than any country in the world.

Try turning off your television and internet, and just walking around your city or neighborhood.

Everybody is working together. 99.9% of the people have no problems working together.

I thought I was the only one who felt that way.

Small businesses in my area are thriving. There is a true sense of community.

Yeah, people complain, but that's normal. It doesn't mean the end of life as we know it, and no, the United States isn't falling apart. Our government is messed up, but we're very resilient. We find a way to get past obstacles. We're no different than other parts of the world.

I just get tired of hearing all doom and gloom.

America is not divided at all. The political parties do their best to create differentiation so they can secure their base, then go after the middle 10%. Much more cost effective that way.

Life is great!!!!!! America is not divided. The most successfully diverse country in the history of the world.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
This whole idea reminds me of doing group projects in high school. One really smart kid, three average students and one idiot in the group. The smart kid does the majority of the planning and organization, the three kids do whatever the smart kid tells them to do and the idiot sits there and acts busy. In the end they all get the same grade. Different amount of input and still the same grade.
When these kids get to the real world, one will excel, three will do fine at different levels of success and the idiot will make it big with his guitar or be found dead in a gutter.
All these people have different goals and passions. As long as these goals are different the divisions will not go away.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
It starts with self..STOP BEING A JERK! if everyone apply that one principle we would be on our way.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

edit on 15-1-2015 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: dbl

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: markosity1973

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

My partner and I made an innocent mistake in Sydney once and walked straight through an ethnic area looking for the train station. I kid you not when I tell you that I witnessed one man hold another back because he was about to go us. The other guy was like 'let them pass through' - weird for a society that is 99.9% harmonious.

you listen to the media too much if you think what happened to you was race related....much more like a guy didnt like the look of was likely drunk and was going to have a go for the hell of it....tell me where in sydney did this happen ?

and to the OP yes everyone in the whole world needs to work together not just the USA

Wow, interesting logic. Listening to the NEWS means that my experience was over imagined.

Okay, I'll tell you where I was, we accidentally walked through a Muslim neighbourhood. I'm not from Sydney so I don't know the name of the suburb, but we were walking down a main road, saw a train station sign and turned down a side road to get to it.

Neither of us said a word to these people. I tried to smile at them, but they were not interested. They were clearly unhappy that we had walked into 'their turf' I was actually thirsty and was going to go into a shop and spend money with them, but the looks on their faces told me that it would not be a good idea.

so you cannot even tell me where you were.....here let me help you out there is only 1 predominant muslim area in near the city of sydney there isnt a muslim area inside the city,there is a china town however......the only muslim area close to the city is a place called brighton le sands and it is surrounded suburbs...i have spent enough time in these areas to know that they are not dangerous to outsiders...no more dangerous than anywhere else....

Oh dear, you really want to do this?

I wasn't in down town sydney for a start I'm not that naive and stupid, I was in the burbs. We had gotten off the train and I was wandering down some main road looking at car yards. we had walked a long way from the station we had gotten off at I saw another train station sign.

This thread is about unity. I was illustrating that while my life was not in danger, I was made to feel very unwelcome for just walking into a neighbourhood. That is not unity - everywhere else we went we were left well alone, except for at all the other train stations where I learned that Sydneysiders, like Melburnians love to have bit of a chat with strangers.

now you say you were in the burbs...tell me was it auto alley that you went to in parramatta ?there are not many areas that people will catch a train to go see cars that is main one,....lets presume it was....parramatta has one of the largest crime rates in australia not because of ethnics but because of idiots and a large divide of rich and poor....

there are idiots everywhere that make people feel unsafe and that is understandable but to simply label the problem is a ethnic one is disingenuous to say the least...

unity is a much needed thing in the world so lets not create more divide with false statements

edit on 15-1-2015 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-2015 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join