It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Windshield Question?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Just a quick question regarding my windshield. I'm curious as to what you auto heads would suggest I use to clear up some of the pit marks from salt and occasion gravel.

I know there must be some products and it isn't so bad that it needs replacing, they are more a annoyance really and makes it a tad harder to see at night when the glare hits them.

Thanks now for any suggestions. Lol I'm not rich so preferably something that won't break the bank.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

In the UK we have guys who'll use a sort of resin for chips and pits. Way cheaper than replacing them and they put the risk of cracks back to when they had no chips or pits.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
What Kandinsky said. That stuff works great and gives you years more life out of your glass.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

quick search

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Thank you, I knew I could search for something, I just sometimes rather hear from folks that have actually tried things and had success as opposed to reading the sales pitch of all the products. What better place to ask eh?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I think I remember a concoction made form bug spray, Alcohol, salt and water....

www.youtube.com...

I haven't tried it....

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Here is the States, your insurance is required to pay 100% of a windshield replacement, once per year, without that causing your rates to go up..

At least in the 3 states I've worked in Law Enforcement..

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Don't be mislead by some of the prior "solutions." Auto supply stores can sell you a kit for about 15 US dollars to remove or at least reduce the dimple caused by a severe rock hit that has damaged the outer layer of glass on your windshield and lets air in between it and the inner plastic surface. There are vendors that may do a more professional job of it, but the process is simple for first-timers and really does work.

There is no solution for removing the normal minor sand pitting of a windshield. At least that is what Click & Clack formerly of popular PBS TV fame said a few years ago. They said that glass isn't as durable as it used to be. It could be done but is a time consumer chore and would probably cost more than a new windshield, and therefore, not done.

top topics

join