It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France Cyber Defense Chief - 19,000 Cyber Attacks In This Last Week

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
The French Cyber Defense Chief says that there have been 19,000 Cyber Attacks in France since the Charlie Hebdo terrorist attack last week. Some well-known Islamic hacker groups are said to be involved. These groups are from around the world. The code name for some of these attacks - "I am not Charlie". The hacker idiots are hitting everything from the French military to pizza shops. Guess they think that pizza shops are a threat to humanity or something ...

ABC News - France Cyber Defense Chief - 19,000 Cyber Attacks in this Last Week

Adm. Arnaud Coustilliere told reporters Thursday that many of the cyberattacks were carried out by "more or less structured" groups, including some well-known Islamic hacker groups.

"That's never been seen before. It's the first time that a country has been faced with such a large wave," he said.

The attacks, which appear to have involved mostly relatively minor denial-of-service attacks, have hit sites as varied as military regiments to pizza shops, he said.

Cyber War Zone - Several Thousands French Websites are under Cyber Attacks and Hacked

housands of French websites have been hacked and suffers from cyber attacks under different operation name like Operation Anti France , Operation Anti Charlie , Operation I’m not Charlie.

More than 19,000 french websites have been hacked by 27 hackers groups from Tunisia, Morocco, Algeria, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico.

The Tunisian FallaGa hacker team or Tunisian cyber resistance on its facebook page publishing the cyber attacks and list of hacked pages of the french websites and post the data online.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

But no, no. We're being intolerant if we say Muslims are a threat to us.....

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Do the pizza shops serve pizza with bacon, pepperoni, etc?

Because if so....boom, hacking explained

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Maybe theyre mad the pizza delivery was late .. and they didnt get free pizza ..

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

But no, no. We're being intolerant if we say Muslims are a threat to us.....

My head wants to explode.

Really?!

A bunch of script kiddies DDo'sing local businesses, and that's something to be 'threatened' over?!

FFS.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

It's more than a bunch of kids trying to prank Pizza Hut into delivering 27 pizzas to some unaware grannies house.

Look at the countries involved. Every single one is a Muslim nation.

Sure, the execution is amateur, but the intent is obvious - attack the west.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I don't think its necessarily the ddos attacks that are the issue. Its what they are doing along side them that can be the real issues.

While this isnt directly involved in the France attqacks, its just an idea of what more could be taking place.

A story that caught our attention in SC Magazine and elsewhere drives home the point. The article, published Wednesday, explains how the bad guys have stolen millions from U.S. banks while distracting the victims with DDoS activity.

blogs.akami.com

I have said it before ill say it again, ddos attacks are a cover for other crimes.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

What?

It's more than a bunch of kids trying to prank Pizza Hut into delivering 27 pizzas to some unaware grannies house.

No, it's actually not. According to the very story itself. That's all they are doing. Taking down local websites and 'hacking' twitter accounts.

Do you have any idea how easy it is to set up some version of ion cannon and start punching in IP addresses?

Funny, cause if American kids were doing this to innocent Muslim websites in Muslim countries, you'd all be cheering about freedom and Murica.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
]originally posted by: tothetenthpower

And what is the motivation behind it? Why are they targeting France in particular and why is it the afforementioned Muslim nations only doing this?

Whys is Russia not involved? North Korea? China?

It's a show of solidarity from the Muslim world to the Jihadist attackers of the past week. As I've already said, the execution is amateur, but the statement is bold.

edit on 15-1-2015 by markosity1973 because: Reply, not quote

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

And what is the motivation behind it? Why are they targeting France in particular and why is it the afforementioned Muslim nations only doing this?

Do you have any idea how easy it is, to make yourself LOOK like you live in those countries?

They do, on a daily basis. They hide their identity and locations, by pretending that they are somewhere else in the world.

It's a show of solidarity from the Muslim world to the Jihadist attackers of the past week. As I've already said, the execution is amateur, but the statement is bold.

Let me show you something.

Norse

This is a tracking website for a portion of the dark net. It shows cyber attacks in real time.

Why don't you count how many "middle Eastern" countries are apart of that, as opposed to the ones you listed above, like Russia and China.

And most of their attacks are sent towards the US.

So are we talking about how ALL Chinese are a threat? No, that would be ridiculous, cause you know, there's over a billion of them.

Gee, I wonder if there's another group of people whose just as well populated amongst the world....

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

including some well-known Islamic hacker groups.

Given this statement...

How can you be so confident in your assumption that none of those Nations are involved?
edit on 15-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

That page is BANANAS. Holy #$!@#$!%!#T%!@!#%!#T!#%!#%!

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I'm well aware of how one can connect to remote servers and look like they are in another nation.

But what is the motivation for other nations to do this to France? The French people have already given the middle finger to the Jihadists. The Govt has already had a big crack down on terror suspects. Everyone in France is galvanised against terrorist acts - record sales the Charlie paper proves this.

I'm sorry, but I just don't see why or how a country like say India, USA, Israel or non Islam country could benefit from this. France is an ally of the west and it has no real quarrel with anyone other than maybe Russia. But Putin is far less subtle and way too ego centric than to let the Muslim world take the credit for something he did.

Don't forget, we got attacked here in Aussie in Sydney not long before all of this. At first the media tried to play it down as a lonewolf nutter attack. Then out came the youtube vids this man had uploaded of himself. Then ISIS hailed him as a hero in their media. Then came all the Islamist threats to Australians globally.

There is a much bigger pattern of events forming here and I take this silly little cyber event on face value. I'm sure there were who simply jumped on the bandwagon for the sake of anarchy, but the underlying message is fairly clear.

Edit; The Norse site is pretty cool. The USA and China are madly going one another on it, but all has gone quiet in France.....
edit on 15-1-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Did you like that? Check out www.digitalattackmap.com...

Its another site like Norse. Seems to run a little lighter on my system too.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Thought the same when I first saw it too

China are rather busy on that front...

What surprised me the most, is that although the States was second behind China for frequency...
The majority of American attacks were aimed at themselves.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

The French have done a number of things to snub Israel in the last few months...

So that is a reasonable theory...

MOSSAD are one of the best in hacking and attacks, defensive & offensive!!!

But that's just a theory to your question of motivation for others...

Personally I think it's Muslims who do not care to hide the fact, & therefore they've chosen not to bounce the signal.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Another massive Cyber event following a well publicized news story. That's what? Three to five in the past month to month and a half?

The puzzle keeps coming together.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Personally I think it's Muslims who do not care to hide the fact, & therefore they've chosen not to bounce the signal.

It also could very well be any number of other parties trying to push the French into more confrontation by making it appear as if its coming from Muslim nations.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: shaneslaughta

Did you like that? Check out www.digitalattackmap.com...

Its another site like Norse. Seems to run a little lighter on my system too.

went to the site. immediately couldn't load any pages. eyes started to widen a little bit....

then I remembered my router sucks at life and frequently restarts itself. mystery solved lol

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Lol, i wouldn't send you anyplace malicious, at least not on purpose.

Curiously though, just about every router i ever had restarts its self when its ddosed

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join