It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Homeless) Children CAGED to keep the streets clean for the Pope

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Lets hope their not rounding them up to give to the catholic priests to molest ..

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I usually take news from dailyfail with a bucket full of salt. Not gonna believe it unless i find other credible sources for the news.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I was told by someone who spent time in Phillipines in childhood and went there from time to time, that the street children are often rounded up in the night and shot to "clean up" the streets. The plight of street children world wide should be on everyone's minds, and eco farms, half way houses set up, instead of monies given, going into big rich bank accounts and 180 000 dollar or more salaries. But to the poor. Eco farms and half way houses and normal childhood. Computer. Games. Schooling. Sports. And its urgent.

World Wide Standards of human rights and to end all the abuses of some countries.

This just breaks my heart, those beautiful children need homes.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
This is why we will never advance as humans..

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I would not be the least bit surprised if Pope Francis cancels his scheduled visit entirely because of this.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
Suffer the little children to come unto me....and ill jail their homeless little asses!
Way to go Popee!

Pope Francis left the Vatican during the night on more than one occasion, raided the Vatican kitchen, and took food to people in the streets he thought needed it. He got into hot water for leaving the Vatican unattended. I've read somewhere else this has become an almost nightly venture.

Of course he won't tolerate this. He chose the name "Francis" for a reason, although given your comments here I doubt you know who that was. Obviously you don't know who this Pope is, either. If you did I don't think you would have made such an erroneous comment.

I think he will ask (or demand) they be freed, probably that he be taken to them, and feed them from his own pocket if he can. If we are aware of this situation, he certainly will be. That's how he rolls.
(And no, I'm not Catholic.)[

Additionally, I don't think the thread was intended to seize negative implications about the Pope. It is more directed towards politics in the
Philippines.

edit on 1/15/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I find the way countries treat the homeless as dispicable, i was absolutely gobsmacked to find it was a crime to give homeless people food in some areas of the States. They're people not pigeons!
I'm in the UK if i dig hard enough i'll probably find we have some weird laws as well.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

Like theft by finding, should the poor souls get caught removing obviously unwanted food from supermarket bins. That has been known to transpire here in the U.K.

edit on 15-1-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

If true. This is terrible.

How can you lock children up with adults?

They aren't to blame for their predicament.. they are children who have either lost their parents to tragedies or their parents just weren't responsible. The Governments of these Country's need to build Hostels for these children.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

This is to Cruel, all this for a pope?

Does the pope even know about what they are doing to the kids? i doubt it.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

My heart and prayers go out to all of those children in the Philippines.

I get so upset when I here news of this kind. I wish that I had some kind of cosmic force and influence to save these children.

Another thing that upsets me is...I know there are many financially rich people in the Philippines who should and could be helping these children. They could provide clean places for them to sleep, eat and take showers and baths. Perhaps dormitory style with bunk beds, clean bedding etc. Then the children could get counselling and be eventually be adopted into a good home; and if they don't get adopted at least they could be in a safe place; where people care; and they would need to get a good education too. Why can't this be?

I just hope the Pope sees through all the coverups and lies in the Philippines; and I also hope he is not part of it.

edit on 2015-01-15T10:25:50-06:00amThursdayam1520151America/Chicagoam by caladonea because: add more

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter

This is to Cruel, all this for a pope?

Does the pope even know about what they are doing to the kids? i doubt it.
If we on ATS know it, there's almost no question the pope has been informed of this travesty. His response should be interesting, considering he's long been hailed as a "pope of the people", frequently going out of his way to help homeless, sick, etc.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

According to Father Shay, there is no way the Pope will be seeing the horrendous detention centers in Manila on his tour of the capital. "They are a shame on the nation. Officials here would be horrified at the prospect of the Pope seeing children treated in this way."

taken from here

this has for its source the daily mail but didnt see this quote in the mail's article

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Perhaps it's the only place they'll be safe from the priests he has travelling with him!

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I am amazed at the support this pope gets here.
Especially from the marginal spiritualists to the purely secular crowd on ATS.
A telling sign of the times to me.
After all, he does so much to help the poor children. sarc/off Words are cheap, he does TALK a good game.

The plight of children facing evil worldwide is an exponentially growing epidemic that mostly is ignored.

Sold or stolen children is common place in much of the world.

If you think it doesn't happen in the west think again. This is a BBC documentary on child beggars in the UK.

Do some of you pope supporters really think he is blissfully unaware of what is going on?
Especially acts like this carried out FOR his visit??

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Philippines
However... The reason it is quite believable is because the Philippines is well known to try and cover up any issues and save face.

Sounds like the Vatican.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
It seems to me that anyone that thinks a Jesuit Pope is a nice guy is just a tad insane. It's like when a Politician picks up a child and everyone says Oh! isn't that lovely, he must have a good heart. What a joke! They are getting played like a fiddle and frankly i do wonder if any of these people will ever get it.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Do some of you pope supporters really think he is blissfully unaware of what is going on? Especially acts like this carried out FOR his visit??
a reply to: stosh64

One minute he is self appointed God on Earth and the next it's Oh! how could he possibly know what's going on. I thought God knew everything! I think someone's lying.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
It is hard to understand why they would lock up the children and put diapers on the police.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: caladonea

Sadly the people who can do something about it... are the ones who have all the money!!

Ironic really.

edit to add: They would rather spend 60 - 100 mil on a football player!
edit on CSTThu, 15 Jan 2015 13:01:28 -0600u3101x028x0 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join