It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Every UFO video Fake or Mistaken?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I would say it's one of those that are an obvious hoax for one reason.

The lack of focus on the object.

If you were filming an object flying around outside the plane window, wouldn't you focus and follow the object outside instead of just pointing at the sky behind.

It's a good hoax though, and made believable by letting the object go behind the wing for a moment.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye
If I saw that outside my window, I would be stunned into immobility, let alone look for a phone or video camera. Maybe they just held the phone camera up.

The night me and a bunch of other people saw something, Thats what I remember. Except for the occasional, "What is that?", we were frozen, stupefied.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Shoot what an interest this has generated. Hope someone else brings something…

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: FinalCountdown

Have the Phoenix Lights been debunked?

Yes. Look for my thread in the coming days on that subject.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
The UFO's seen flying over Washington in July 1952, please debunk!

or

I don't need to add anymore, it seems like you need to convince yourself whether it's true or not. That should be your decision alone.

So many testimonies, so many witnesses, yet people want video proof lol

Good luck convincing yourself either way.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinalCountdown

Are all UFO videos fake? All UFO images?

Anyone?

"All generalizations are false, including this one." - Mark Twain

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
They're not all. Some were debunked according to the skeptics, but not at all. NASA ones are good as well. And some of the so called youtube accounts that seem to vet in fake videos, also have included real ones. Which makes you wonder what the channel is doing, trying to slur the topic. You can do a search and check out random videos from ordinary people, and many of them are real.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I think we should always remember, it only takes one true event to change everything.

If just one of the following are true throughout history everything will never be the same again.

UFO,s
Miracles
Magic
Ghosts
Vampires
Stargates
Jesus, Moses, Mohamed, God,
Etc
Etc

Just one out of many thousands of claims, over many thousands of years.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
i take issue with the principle of UFO`s from the very " definition "

it already begs the question

UAP

unifentified arial phenonemon

subsumes all flying objects and more besides .

next on my list is the leap from UFO to " alienz "

no evidence needed just a massive leap of " logic "

that said - there are sightings that [ if truthfull ] defy all known pheonema

but hoax sightings go back to the dawn of photography - and beyond

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: skyblueworld

or

I don't need to add anymore, it seems like you need to convince yourself whether it's true or not. That should be your decision alone.

The so called 'battle of LA' (not Washington, you can even see that in the text below the picture, not 1952, actually not long after Pearl Harbour)'? There were no testimonies that anything strange had been seen, none - all you are showing is the sole photo showing the army shooting at what appears to have been nothing and from all the actual testimonies from the military at the time, it seems one itchy trigger finger started a whole lot of shooting. There was a fear Japan was going to attack and the military were on high alert.

I always makes me laugh when people take a copy of that newspaper cover and try to add what they believe is an alien craft where there is nothing. The text on your screengrab even says that the white lights above the searchlights are from anti aircraft shells exploding - not against an object, but because that's what they are designed to do.
edit on 15-1-2015 by uncommitted because: added dates

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

or

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
They're not all. Some were debunked according to the skeptics, but not at all. NASA ones are good as well. ----.

If you ask people who are actually familiar with the unearthly illumination and motion in space -- say, astronauts or Mission Control workers -- they will tell you that these scenes are ALL being misinterpreted and misunderstood, with a handful of hoaxes thrown in, on youtube.

All of them. See www.jamesoberg.com/ufo.html for details.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Are all UFOs fake or mistakes?

Yes, if by fakes or mistakes you mean not alien spacecraft.

My opinion is that no one making claims of alien visitation has hit the mark necessary for me to believe their claims.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Two points.
1. Until people stop hoaxing, fabricating, and out right lying (Travis Walton), we will never get to the bottom of these 'events'.
2. A blurry light in the sky, even a clear one, daytime discs, night time lights do not have meaning.

We now have the ability to put a hologram up in the sky. If you search the UFO literature you can not find a clear example of any real non-terrestrial beings related to any craft landing and disembarking. So, right now, there's nothing to tie a thing in the sky with a non-terrestrial occupant. Note that already 'downed' craft associated with small hominids doesn't provide proof of the craft having been airborne (thanks, hoaxers).

Right now, it's a psychological problem. Why do people hoax? Why do people report abductions? Why do abducted people not act afraid (Whitley Strieber)? Why do people conflate (Marcel)? Why do agencies still promote and hide behind hoaxes?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Maverick7

Why?

Money and/or Fame.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
As a real life witness to two UFO's, close as well, it pisses me off to NO END that people do lie about this.

Though I couldn't film it I did write a detailed thread about it a while back. Hoaxers are EVERYWHERE these days and I don't think it's for fame - I think it's just information garbage. Most people don't care if someone see's theie silly hoax or not, but once it gains traction it's hard to stop. Added to that people are so bored they just want entertainment, and sometimes fakes will suffice.

As a real life human being who has had experiences with these crafts I can, for you know, attest that they are, indeed, 100% real. And they're VERY VERY big. They're not these little discs (not in my case) they're fracking enormous. They can, and do, change shape and they have a surface like oil.

They make NO noise and they can, and do, have lights or totally illuminate in any colour, anywhere on the craft.

To the hoaxers F*** YOU for making people not believe us. You IDIOTS. Hurting the truth is a damn shame. Acting as though you're telling it is even worse.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Good points here.

Still, there are hundreds if not thousands of UFO threads on this site.

Can anyone pull up a previous thread that has imagery that the majority of ATS fully agrees is actually alien?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: FinalCountdown

Asking to verify something to positively be identified.. .as not be identifiable. ..for sure.

How can anyone prove anything is not identifiable?

OK. ..agreed. ..its positively, absolutely, confirmed to positively be something maybe, perhaps, sort of.. .r certain.. .isn't. ...

So the one thing on this issue that is for sure.. ..is that nothing is.. .for sure.. .if it's an "unidentified " object.

OK. ..you win.. .it isn't.. .um. ..its not.. .OK. ..it is.. .proven to be.. .something that can't be.. .so it's for sure not.. .or. ..is. ..unidentifiable.

That's the point.. .

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

or

The so called 'battle of LA' (not Washington, you can even see that in the text below the picture, not 1952, actually not long after Pearl Harbour)'? There were no testimonies that anything strange had been seen, none - all you are showing is the sole photo showing the army shooting at what appears to have been nothing and from all the actual testimonies from the military at the time, it seems one itchy trigger finger started a whole lot of shooting. There was a fear Japan was going to attack and the military were on high alert.

I always makes me laugh when people take a copy of that newspaper cover and try to add what they believe is an alien craft where there is nothing. The text on your screengrab even says that the white lights above the searchlights are from anti aircraft shells exploding - not against an object, but because that's what they are designed to do.

The Washington sighting and the picture I posted after are 2 separate incidents that I mentioned, unless you must the 'Or', that's your own problem.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinalCountdown
Good points here.

Still, there are hundreds if not thousands of UFO threads on this site.

Can anyone pull up a previous thread that has imagery that the majority of ATS fully agrees is actually alien?

I think you should be more clear, as in 'alien and clearly under intelligent control'. If there was one, just one that met that criteria than someone would be very, very rich if it would be confirmed using any reasonable set of tests.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join