It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Church Age believers are priests, so why do Catholics ordaine their own priests?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian

Like most adherents of sola scriptura, semantics, and turning a blind eye to Sacred Tradition, becomes your roadblock to Truth.
"Sacred Tradition" of Rome, based on the Roman Imperial cult.
Rome sent out evangelist to all parts of Christendom to get the churches to adopt the Mass ritual as practiced in Roman, based on the old pagan practices where there were priests who went through the motions of making offerings to the Gods.
Normal New Testament Christianity does not believe that a church needs to have priests who offer something to God, be it blood, or Jesus, or anything else.
Church is to make us, as a sanctified group, an offering to God by Jesus, presented as an example of the righteousness of God living through our lives.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian

I personally enjoy the teachings of Calvinism - What I dislike is the modern day take on it, I do believe that those who follow reformation theology have gone down the bad road of being too "by the book" and less spirit than what the original reformers had in them.

But, I think that is a condemnation of all churches of our day, every one has become stuck in their own traditions, and forgot the Life that is Christ Jesus..

I wish more of the old reformation teachings and doctrine was written in a form of English I could understand.. I have such a hard time understanding the Victorian style English.. lol

A good site though is this one:

www.ccel.org...

new topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join