It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me again...who are the terrorists?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Oh! Be careful! Simply because you provided a Fox News link, they will say it's not the truth!

You know, because Fox News makes EVERYTHING up! They pay these people to act like they are killing people, no one ACTUALLY died!

/end sarcasm

I don't understand muslim sympathizers. I really don't.

Let's behead people and kill Christians, and other non muslims at will! The American left will LOVE us!!

SMDH

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Malynn
Every time I see a trailer for American Sniper I want to puke. Guy was the worst form of awful. Admits to enjoying killing, admits to looting in Falujah, I hear he did some awful things during Katrina as well.

But....Most Americans are like HOO RAY! *gets on their knees before the military*

And none of that went on during Americans' 'just' war against the Nazi's during world war 2.

Want to know how much American soldiers looted from France, and Germany?

A hell of a lot.

Think civilians didn't get caught in the crossfire. They did.

There is an old saying SNIP happens.

Hell look up Dresden, and the Fire bombing of Tokyo.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
"Because you will blame an entire Muslim population for the few radicals but not do the same for your own soldiers."

One of the Tenents of Islam is killing infidels if they in any way insult or fail to convert........ So anyway, MY disgust and hatred of muslimes grows Every day...

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: buster2010

Funny how you lump Israel with the United States to make it look like they, too, are bombing North Africa. The Anti-Israel lobby has no shame.
that might be because thanks to the help from old Uncle Sam Israel has been attacking some of these nations.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Malynn

I think MOST americans wanna see a good movie.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Malynn
Every time I see a trailer for American Sniper I want to puke. Guy was the worst form of awful. Admits to enjoying killing, admits to looting in Falujah, I hear he did some awful things during Katrina as well.

But....Most Americans are like HOO RAY! *gets on their knees before the military*

The guy actually did nothing during Katrina he was known to be a notorious liar. He said he had shot 300 people after Katrina and his Commander said he was no where near Katrina.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: American-philosopher
All muslims are not bad but we have to ask question that are government is apparently not asking or is neglecting to ask for some reason is,. why are young men muslim men committing these acts of terrorism? I mean we have to ask what drives them from living a life? from having friends? From actually having happiness in their life? Whats the allure of this radicalness that takes them away from being happy??

If your homeland was being invaded and blown to bits what would you do?

Well why in the he** do they kill each other hand over fist?

Why do they kill christian sects that have lived in their land for years? Look at Nigeria? How do these arguments some of you present have anything to do with that?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Because they have been ordered too??

By the same lunatics who bomb the hell out of countries??

Someone gives orders too them ALL, and it is no different in my mind.

The real kicker is, that supporters of any crazy idea, believe that the actions they take are justified and will supply the results desired,

A lot of people are just sick of the smug "OH MY GOD PEOPLE GET BEHEADED"! Like that is somehow different than the other millions of ways to get killed badly.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

Yep, Muslim sympathizers make me sick too, but for different reasons. People like to choose sides in these arguments and debates and fact is, there is no good side. Humans are inherently a war race. Its what we do. We kill each other and blow up stuff and want power. Its been happening for CENTURIES. We are hardwired to kill for power and be very Military oriented by nature. This isn't some damn revelation, LOL.

Think what we are seeing now is something new? Nope. There have been bloody murderous wars well before your family tree started to sprout.

People are blinded to the illusion of "Good vs Evil", what side are you on? Kind of set up. America is evil? We are the evil empire? Well, so are other countries. There are no countries around this world that don't have blood on their hands in some shape or form. We all sleep with the devil so to speak. So take that "my crap don't stink" attitude elsewhere because your country isn't a Saint either. We are all the same and we are all cut from the same cloth.
edit on 17-1-2015 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96. First of all, nobody said all American soldiers are bad. Second of all a muslim and a soldier are far from analogous. A Muslim is a person who believes and adheres to the Islamic religion. A soldier is a combatant who blindly follows the orders of their superiors. See how they are dissimilar. Therefore it is not calling the kettle black. Furthermore, I personally do not believe all American soldiers are necessarily bad. However, they are all terrorists. Even with the most noble of intentions, the actions of all soldiers are to intimidate and use violence to complete their orders.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

“And I tried hard to be proud of my service but all I could feel was shame and racism could no longer mask the occupation. These were people. These were human beings. I’ve since been plagued by guilt anytime I see an elderly man, like the one who couldn’t walk and we rolled onto a stretcher, told the Iraqi police to take him away. I feel guilt anytime I see a mother with her children like the one who cried hysterically and screamed that we were worse than Saddam as we forced her from her home. I feel guilt anytime I see a young girl like the one I grabbed by the arm and dragged into the street.

”We were told we were fighting terrorists, but the real terrorist was me and the real terrorism is this occupation. Racism within the military has long been an important tool to justify the destruction and occupation of another country. It has long been used to justify the killing, subjugation, and torture of another people. Racism is a vital weapon deployed by this government. It is a more important weapon than a rifle, a tank, a bomber or a battleship. It is more destructive than an artillery shell, or a bunker buster, or a tomahawk missile. While all of those weapons are created and owned by this government, they are harmless without people willing to use them.

”Those who send us to war do not have to pull a trigger or lob a mortar round. They do not have to fight the war. They merely have to sell the war. They need a public who is willing to send their soldiers into harm’s way and they need soldiers who are willing to kill or be killed without question. They can spend millions on a single bomb, but that bomb only becomes a weapon when the ranks in the military are willing to follow orders to use it. They can send every last soldier anywhere on earth, but there will only be a war if soldiers are willing to fight, and the ruling class: the billionaires who profit from human suffering care only about expanding their wealth, controlling the world economy, understand that their power lies only in their ability to convince us that war, oppression, and exploitation is in our interests. They understand that their wealth is dependent on their ability to convince the working class to die to control the market of another country. And convincing us to kill and die is based on their ability to make us think that we are somehow superior. Soldiers, sailors, marines, airmen, have nothing to gain from this occupation.

”The vast majority of people living in the US have nothing to gain from this occupation. In fact, not only do we have nothing to gain, but we suffer more because of it. We lose limbs, endure trauma, and give our lives. Our families have to watch flag draped coffins lowered into the earth. Millions in this country without healthcare, jobs, or access to education must watch this government squander over $450 million a day on this occupation. Poor and working people in this country are sent to kill poor and working people in another country to make the rich richer, and without racism soldiers would realize that they have more in common with the Iraqi people than they do with the billionaires who send us to war

”I threw families onto the street in Iraq only to come home and find families thrown onto the street in this country in this tragic, tragic and unnecessary foreclosure crisis; only to wake up and realize that our real enemies are not in some distant land. But not people whose names we don’t know, and cultures we don’t understand. The enemy is people we know very well and people we can identify. The enemy is a system that wages war when it’s profitable. The enemy is the CEO who lays us off our jobs when it’s profitable; it’s the insurance companies who deny us health care when it’s profitable; it’s the banks who take away our homes when it’s profitable. Our enemies are not 5000 miles away, they are right here at home. If we organize and fight with our sisters and brothers, we can stop this war, we can stop this government, and we can create a better world.”

From this video...

Discussed at ATS here in 2011...one of the epic threads:
The real terrorist was me - A US Soldier

The definition of terrorist always depends on the side you are on. As does freedom fighter. As does soldier.

These perpetual wars are going to haunt a lot of people for decades, in many countries. And the saddest thing is, these people were all just used to make other people richer.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Speaking of soldiers, if Americans keep feeding into the fear factor, they are unwittingly walking into further loss of civil liberties to the point of none. Just read this article, "From neighbourhood cops to robo-cops, robo-soldiers, and this is definitely going to get much worse if this article is true. freedomoutpost.com... Again who are the terrorists?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I'm not even sure if the people supporting the idea of America being the 'bad guys' are trolling or that delusional.

Countries/Regions with conflicts of Muslims against other religions: Afganistan, Burma, Pakistan, Phillipeans, Bangaldesh, India, China, Kazakstan, Tajikistan Libya, Mali, Nigera, Camereoon, Dagestan, Russia, Yemen, Kurkistan,Somalia, Algeria, Uganda, Chechnya. What about this religion makes it so easy to go to war in it's name when other religions stopped that kind of thinking 500 years ago?

Islamic radicals are killing gays, stoning adulterers, and killing Christians (townhall.com...). The most disturbing part? The mob that stands at the bottom of the building waiting/cheering. Imagine if this were to be attempted in a western country - people would be trying to save those men, not cheer the executioners. When was the last time a mob of people in America killed or stoned anybody? Last I checked gays rights were at an all-time high. The reason 'Muslims' get unjustly lumped together is the extremists do awful things (see link), and the MOBS of people standby, cheer, etc. Remember the people cheering in the streets during 9/11 (www.youtube.com...)?

What can be done? Moderate Muslims need a leader to arise, someone with the clout of a MLK-level figure. That person needs to decry terrorism, and radical Islamists need to be vilified the way the KKK is vilified in America. There's over a billion Muslims in the world, and even if just 1% are radicalized, that's an army of a million.

Take a reality check. Where would you rather be dropped off with no passport, Israel or Pakistan?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DocAdama

It's not about trolling or disputing your facts, its about an agenda behind it! The support of governments behind these atrocities. Sponsored terror and the agenda is to take your freedom away, and maybe people are trying to warn you but you don't get it!

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: CottonwoodStormy

You're right that there's state sponsors of terrorism, and the US historically has sponsored terrorist states to do our bidding (Mujahadeen vs Soviet Union). Politics makes strange bed fellows. With that said, the plague of radical Islam has created the most clear and cut "good vs evil" war since the Nazis in WW2. It's throwbacks vs civilization. Which side are you on?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DocAdama

again that's not the whole picture

who is funding the throwbacks? do the throwbacks weapons just magically appear?

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
In the wars on terrorism strategists assumed that through overwhelming military supremacy, and overt brutal confrontation the demoralized enemies would crumble. When that didn't seem to be working, we sought out ways to demoralize the enemies by sinking to new morally corrupt lows of brutality, overtly and covertly.

In the end we have ultimately created a monster.

All of that war, evil, carnage and death. They are still there, and arguably stronger than ever before. Infiltrating western societies in growing numbers, and preparing for the next level of " jihad' [holy war]

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
What we really accomplished ultimately in these wars, particularly in the covert ways it was fought, is to provide these radical groups endless, limitless religious justification and authority to attack us, wherever, however and whenever they can.

Seems rather vague now, but it will be much clearer in time.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

Funding for terrorists comes through pipelines from various states, some of the largest being Iran and Saudi Arabia. There's also private 'funds' set up to look like charities that actually supply terrorists with money. That's how your average Joe Jihad gets money to terrorists. The funds can be found by attending a radicalized mosque on US soil - there's plenty.

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DocAdama
a reply to: American-philosopher

Funding for terrorists comes through pipelines from various states, some of the largest being Iran and Saudi Arabia. There's also private 'funds' set up to look like charities that actually supply terrorists with money. That's how your average Joe Jihad gets money to terrorists. The funds can be found by attending a radicalized mosque on US soil - there's plenty.

Rule by Divine Right and Slavery, both systems built to trick people into obedience, and both now recognized by modern civilizations as illegitimate.
Now we are entering a time in human history where we will recognize that rule by debt, or rule by Private Central Bankers issuing the public currency as a loan at interest, is equally illegitimate.
It only works as long as people allow themselves to believe that this is the way life is supposed to be.

Behind all these wars, all these assassinations, the hundred million horrible deaths from all the wars lies a single policy of dictatorship.
The private central bankers allow rulers to rule only on the condition that the people of a nation be enslaved to the private central banks. Failing that, said ruler will be killed, and their nation invaded by those other nations enslaved to private central banks.

The so-called "clash of civilizations" we read about on the corporate media is really a war between banking systems, with the private central bankers forcing themselves onto the rest of the world, no matter how many millions must die for it.

Indeed the constant hatemongering against Muslims lies in a simple fact. Like the ancient Christians (prior to the Knights Templars private banking system) , Muslims forbid usury, or the lending of money at interest. And that is the reason our government and media insist they must be killed or converted. They refuse to submit to currencies issued at interest. They refuse to be.......[ debt slaves].

So off to war your children must go, to spill their blood for the money-junkies' gold.
We barely survived the last two world wars. In the nuclear/bioweapon age, are the private central bankers willing to risk incinerating the whole planet just to feed their greed?

<< 1  2    4 >>

join