It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman who struck boys with SUV, killing one is suing families for emotional trauma

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Ummm....this happened in Canada, bro.
LOL....someone didn't read the article.........the shame

Oooops, got on my "bash America" wagon a bit early it seems LOL. Didnt wanna read the article, in fact I think the title is enough to explain, In summary it should be "callous messed up b!tch sues traumatised family after she kills one of their kids"

I wont edit the original as Ill give everyone a chance to see what an ass hat I am but if I was to edit my post I would say "only in NTH America" HAHA

Edit: is it to late to say thats what I meant and in my hurry to post I forgot the "North" part? Its not true but does it make me look less stupid?
edit on 14/1/2015 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

HAHAHAHA....
Well hey, at least you came back and man'd up. Many would act like they never even saw the correction.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Star for transparency.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I knew I had read this story before:

Richard was just 16 when he and his two buddies hopped on their bicycles and headed along a country road to the plaza for hot dogs at around 1:30 a.m. Oct. 28, 2012.

Sad story still several years later. Not all seems cut and dry from the title.
edit on 14-1-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Not all seems cut and dry from the title.

What do you mean? If there is a problem with the title, by all means change it. Don't want to be click-bait-y.

I thought the title and article were pretty cut and dry. Woman is suing the families of teens she ran over, including one that she killed for "emotional trauma".

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Exactly.

She claims that she thought she hit a deer, and that she saw no cyclists.

Her husband came back to the scene and said he would call 911, drove off after his Sharlene and didn't return.

The lawsuit blames the cyclists for not applying their brakes properly.

HOW WOULD SHE KNOW WHAT THEY DID WITH THEIR BRAKES IF SHE THOUGHT SHE HIT A DEER?!?!?!

Oh and her husband is a cop and they were both driving back from the bar.

Ugh.

edit on 14-1-2015 by framedragged because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: framedragged

HOW WOULD SHE KNOW WHAT THEY DID WITH THEIR BRAKES IF SHE THOUGHT SHE HIT A DEER?!?!?!

Good point. I didn't even think that far, just agreed with the father that not many deer have reflectors on their asses or wheels or tend to wear yellow jackets.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Right. Reflectors really are quite hard to miss... or so you'd think.

And the next car to drive by immediately saw them, despite the fact that they were no longer moving and weren't on the road anymore.

Low visibility conditions for sure.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
on their home from a bar no less....husband a cop is allowed to leave the scene no less....no toxicology report no less....we live in a world with 2 justice systems one for us and for them....
...and then the miserable biatch gets to sue for emotional damage....this is complete insanity...times like this i would like to bring back old world justice and lynch em both...hang them in the middle of town for all to see....

i would like to say you cannot make this stuff up but you can they make movies around this kind of thing

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Awww I was sharpening my bash American tongue ,
Back on topic .
She's a heartless bastard and hope she drowns in the champagne she's gonna be drinking . ONLY IN ERM Canada !
Ps did I say she's a heartless bastard !

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Let's hope a countersuit is soon filed and makes her destitute.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   
How on earth is any court even considering allow this law suite?

Surely it should just be thrown out for the crap it is?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Thanks for owning up to it at least, unlike so many have when blindly bashing a whole nation for one person actions.

Back on topic. This is most likely a early counter suit to buy her time and to muddle up the tox' report, for a long shot at a lesser punishment.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
How timely is this thread? Just this morning I read in the local paper how a Registered Sex Offender was suing the county in the amount of $200,000 for emotional distress and present and future trauma. All because a sheriff photographed him nude aka- documenting stand out features to have on file in case he re-offended.

WTF?! So I wonder how much he is paying his victims to compensate the crimes he committed to get CONVICTED AS A SEX OFFENDER?

Holy crap. What is wrong with people? I would just say "Goodbye cruel world" and off myself.....but what if I came back as a lawyer? Yikes! Talk about lower life form.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
What is also crazy is that their toxicology report being clean is relevant...so if they alter their consciousness, they SHOULD be held financially accountable for being hit by a car...these are the things we just tacitly accept along with the war on drugs...if you use a substance, then you're automatically at fault for anything you're involved in, and you can never be a victim.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyvalkyrie
How timely is this thread? Just this morning I read in the local paper how a Registered Sex Offender was suing the county in the amount of $200,000 for emotional distress and present and future trauma. All because a sheriff photographed him nude aka- documenting stand out features to have on file in case he re-offended.

WTF?! So I wonder how much he is paying his victims to compensate the crimes he committed to get CONVICTED AS A SEX OFFENDER?

Holy crap. What is wrong with people? I would just say "Goodbye cruel world" and off myself.....but what if I came back as a lawyer? Yikes! Talk about lower life form.

I don't know the details of that case, but just because the person is a registered sex offender doesn't mean they didn't do something that's not quite so bad. Being 18 and sleeping with a 17 year old girlfriend or peeing in an alley. Those are both crimes which get you labeled as a sex offender. So that person may actually have a case in that the punishment doesn't fit the crime. Of course that all depends on what the person actually did.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

She 's a disgrace to humanity. Makes me sick

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

She was drinking and killed and injured young men. And wants to sue them for the emotional damage of doing so. Their insurance and monies and has frozen up the payoff even though the one is now handicapped. The past record of the woman is important to some extent, for it shows character, but its really secondary to the case.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Here's what I find interesting about this story, typically frivolous lawsuit do not happen in Canada.

In Canada they have cases that set legal precedents in the late 70's for frivolous lawsuits, and legal practitioners are very careful not to bring cases like the one in the OP to trial.

www.davis.ca...

I wonder what is going to happen with this one?

edit on 16-1-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

The only thing that comes to mind when reading things like this is a quote:

“The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs.”
-Charles de Gaulle

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join