It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NLBS #32: The Memory Healer Program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Today we followed the lead of one of our viewers' emails, and took a close look at the "Memory Healer Program," which is a dietary regimen that supposedly staves off the effects of Alzheimer's disease. There's a great deal of marketing hype surrounding this "program," including lots of artificial reviews, videos, and a slew of sites that mimic a multilevel marketing scheme. We dig into the claims, and compare those with actual science that recently came out of the Yale University of Medicine.

Watch in HD on www.TheNLBS.com

Share this video. Tell your friends. Spread the Next Level BS!

Follow Next Level BS on Twitter @theNLBS

Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Go to the website: www.theNLBS.com

And get NLBS t-shirts and swag thenlbs.spreadshirt.com

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

Greetings Joe,

This is an issue which clearly strikes very close to home with you, and you handled it with your usual aplomb! Well played sir, well played.

There are countless examples of snake oil salespeople throughout the centuries. Heck, back in the days of yore, radium was turned into a tonic! It was called Radithor and was a notorious concoction, made by dissolving radium in water! It was sold as a health care product, one assumes that it was meant to imbue consumers with a healthy glow. However, it killed people instead!

Now, I am not suggesting that any of the apparently fake ingredients in the video are lethal, but I would suggest that relying on total bull like this, made and marketed by illiterate persons claiming to hold medical qualifications, is going to result in bad tidings for consumers one way or another. Selling snake oil to desperate people is frankly callous, and those responsible for such things, in my opinion, should be publicly flogged.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I'm sorry to learn about your grandfather bro.

I was just thinking about something like this the other day while watching a commercial on tv trying to get people to buy a vaccination for some kind of disease I never heard of before. I wish I could remember the name of it, it was some un-pronounceable BS that stank to hell and back. If I see the commercial again I will post it here. Anyways keep up the good work SnF bro.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Good job exposing this crap. My mother has alzheimers and I would do anything to help her and it's scam artists such as those that know that and prey on people who can't sniff out the bull.

I sincerely hope your video is somehow connected to search engines for this. Maybe if it gets played more it will be. Time to shut down the snake oil factories.

On another note when I read an article about the study that came out of Yale University of Medicine on TC2153 they mentioned that aspirin could actually stave off alzheimer's from taking hold. It would be preventative medicine but would do nothing once it had set in.

Notice I said "may". Nothing is 100% which should be an indicator when reviewing online claims. If the infomercial or add such as the one you covered claims to 100% that most likely means it is 100% crap.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Good job exposing this crap. My mother has alzheimers and I would do anything to help her and it's scam artists such as those that know that and prey on people who can't sniff out the bull.

Remember ALS bucket challenge? Most of these places that say research are there because they are big money makers.. All of them.. And they generate alot I mean alot of money.. Funny thing is.. Alot of the money you give for support of these causes never goes to said causes.. ALS Bucket only around 27% of the money was seen by actual research.. Cancer same way... They all are like that.. Much if it is people being scammed.. Alot of these things can be fixed or stayed off but will not because of 1 simple fact of things is this:

A healthy population is and will never be as profitable as a sick and dying population... Imagine if they came out with something remotely close to a cure for anything.. What do you think would happen? I bet something like this..

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Sorry to hear about your grandfather.

It's a terrible disease. It's all too common of one and with no cure on the horizon. , it's sad that these scammers can come along and rip people off.

All these phony treatments have good reviews especially when you add in the word"scam" to your search. It only brings up pages selling the stuff. It can be very hard to even find a legitimate bad review. I see there are website makers who do work making these scam websites. I saw the ad on tv" are you selling a good product that's getting a bad rap? Well let us set up a website for you that will stop this" or something like that. It's not just this stuff you covered in the video.

The best advice I can give is any time there's a product with "testimonials" , it's crap or as you say bull#. Viewer beware!

What's sad is they prey on the vulnerable, promising miracles. My daughter unfortunately falls for scams all the time. She's always onto some new miracle. And trying to sell it to me for my paralysis. She believes all the bull# and it's always a phony testimonial that lures her in. She got her grandfather on a cancer cure juice, didn't work. He died of cancer. Told me this stupid juice would work for pain in my joints. She calls me up and asks how is it, you know it's cured arthritis in people. I said as a matter of fact it gave me arthritis, my fingers started getting painful, then my hand, then my wrist and now it's travelling up my arm! " oh you are such a drama queen". Wow she will even lie to her own mother! It was a multi level marketing scam. They are the worst. None of this crap ever works.

Anyways I hope you can expose this bull# so people aren't taken in.

edit on 15-1-2015 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
At 9:07 you turned into a reptillian... After debunking reptillians...

Great show Joe and this one, IMO, stands out because not only are you exposing BS, but you are exposing the sort of BS that costs people money, fills them with false hope, can cause them to decide not to seek proper medical treatment AND lines the pockets of thieving liars who will then turn around and reinvest in their next miracle scam.

There is a special place in Hell for snake oil salesmen.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Great return of serve joe !
We'll done ! I've gone from not liking the show to looking forward to it .
I like the honesty policy

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

There is a special place in Hell for snake oil salesmen.

I agree with you Heff unfortunately we seem to be stuck there with them currently.

Excellent show and work.

edit on 18-1-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

join