It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Professor Mick Aston Time Team Special Dig Campaign.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
After the untimely death of Professor Mick Aston nearly two years ago there was talk of a special Time Team episode to honor his memory , well nearly two years on and there's still no word on it or if it will ever happen , Tony Robinson has said he's working behind the scenes to make it happen.

Well today in my search for answers I've come across a campaign asking Channel 4 to commission the program , here's the story and included within it is a link to a petition calling for a memorial episode of the show.

I'm not asking anyone to sign but it would be nice to see a new dig at a site Mick had interest in to honor his memory.

“From my point of view, I think it would be a wonderful thing to do.
Mick, as most of you will know, left Time Team in a bit of a grump – he left every organisation he ever worked for in a bit of a grump so it’s quite extraordinary he spent 20 years with us before he did. I would love to see one final Time Team conducted in the very best way it possibly could be and let’s hope the Time Team campaign succeeds.”
new.archaeologyuk.org...

Mick offers his personal thoughts on the current state of archaeological research in Britain, the relationship between archaeologists and metal detectorists and much more. He provides fascinating insights into his research project in Shapwick, Somerset and offers advice for others hoping to embark on similar projects in the future.

Mick Aston , gone but never forgotten.

edit on 14-1-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Signed! I'm always up for more Time Team ^_^

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I didn't even know he's died.

Loved all the Time Team series.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Would be nice to do a nice 12th century religious place as he loved them while being an athiest, problem for me is that in some ways without his input things will seem a bit lacking as he certainly knew his onions on most eras and worked as a balance between competing voices

1/3rd digging,1/3 in the pub,1/3 sleeping it off and perhaps we'll get a good program

top topics

join