It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Metal Thread For Metal Heads

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
A little something to lighten the mood. This made me laugh my ass off

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Muy bueno.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
All Shall Perish

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Ashirah

Since you're tossing out some All Shall Perish heres Devil You Know.It's Francisco from ASP and Howard the old singer from Killswitch Engage with John Sarkey who's worked with Fear Factory. Some of it's kind of cool, I'm still not completely sold on it but that's just me. The musicianship is outstanding so it's definitely listenable haha

Seven Years Alone-

It's Over -

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Since I just added a couple videos that are cross overs with on of Ashirah's posts I figure I'll take it back a little farther to the latew 90's/early 2000's with Blood Has Been Shed which has current and former KSE members Justin and Howard. One of my favorite bands in the area to check out whenever they were playing.

She Speaks To Me

Wetwork-

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

If you have time, give this stuff a listen to. Its just one guy, I think he was a teenager when he started putting out music. The first two are what's known as 'blackgaze' ( shoegaze w/ black metal elements) and the other two seem kinda gothy to me.

Aah, blackgaze! Never knew it existed, but I'm liking it a lot - thanks for posting it. It's a bit Fields of the Nephilim-y which is always good. Also a wee bit My Bloody Valentine (this is just an excuse to post some MBV -maybe the original shoegazers)

That was strangely hilarious!

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
So after a few years of medical issues like crushed discs in my neck that caused temporary paralysis in my rt arm and hand and a seizure disorder that kept me from playing and kept my band on hiatus we're dredging our collective asses back to playing live again so I thought it might be cool to add some of the bands we will be playing with at the end of this month. Not so much shameless self promotion as it is trying to get some cool bands a little play in areas where nobody would ever hear of them. The headliner is Karyn Crisis' Gospel of the Witches. Their new album dropped in Europe yesterday so for my friends across the pond, check them out and pick it up if it interests you. Karyn was the front woman for seminal NYC band Crisis from the early 90's til 2002ish. She later did some work with Ephel Duath eventually marrying the guitar player and stealing him for this project once Ephel Duath had run its course.

The Alchemist-

Mother-

Playing just prior to Gospel of the Witches is local band Purifier. I couldn't find any videos of them so here's a link to their soundcloud page where you can stream audio.

soundcloud.com...

One of my very favorite bands is The Final Sleep here is a full set from a show they played last year. Audio quality does their live set no justice.

If you don't want to suffer through the whole set here is 'As We Leave the Flesh'

I've posted my band earlier in the thread but for the hell of it, I play bass and sing on some of the songs in Black Iron Prison

this one is 'Flies'

this is just audio. It's a preproduction demo for 'Lady in the Radiator'

blackironprison.bandcamp.com...

Here's another preproduction demo for 'Swearengen'

and here is a 2 song EP with my vocals

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Metal Chicks Rule!

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AinElohim

edit on 10-3-2015 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Since the topic had come up in another thread, I started one geared towards bass players where people can post their gear, war stories, links to music, favorite bass players, influences etc... As long as it's got something to do with playing bass then it's not off topic. If anyone has an interest in the instrument, plays it or just want;s to lurk and perv other peoples music then this is your yellow brick road...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Ohh, I remember hearing Devil You Know on liquid metal quite a bit last summer and thinking 'That sounds an awful lot like Howard'. Its OK, but I used to love KSE when they first came out so maybe I'm biased.

Also, I just read about Karyn's new project at another forum the other day. She is such a bad ass

edit on 10-3-2015 by Ashirah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Personally, I like Jesse's vocals better with KSE. I LOVED Blood Has Been Shed so I wasn't bothered at all by what Howard did in KSE and he was really good. It's almost like two different bands though with the back and forth of Jesse, Howard, Jesse but whatever...he's not everyones cup of tea. Super nice guy and a great singer. I can't say a bad word about the guy.

I'm pretty stoked about seeing Karyn. Haven't seen her in probably 11 years. She's a sweetheart and her new band is really good and from what I've been hearing this show is going to be packed to the rafters so it will be awesome to come back from a 5 year hiatus and play to a full house with a bunch of killer bands and good friends.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Yeah that's really cool you have such a sweet 'return' show, so to speak. Hope its a good time! Karyn looks amazing in the artwork for witches. I've never met her but I have seen crisis back when I was a teenager. Those dreads are unreal haha

Alive or just breathing was when I started listening to KSE, so I heard the Jesse version first, but I've only seen the Howard version live. He is definitely a nice cat and when I saw him he sounded great. I'm not much of a fan these days, admittedly.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Haha glad you liked it! Its a pretty young guy that does SDE, from what I understand. I think he was a teenager when he put out some of those tracks that I posted and those were put out in 2011. Most of what I have heard thus far from him is a bit on the gloomy side though!

And you know, I'm glad you posted MBV, you are right! They are widely acknowledged as the forebears of all that -gaze stuff, including the blackgaze. I'm not yet very familiar with them myself, but I need to give them a better listen

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I kind of liked the "comeback" album with Jesse back in the band but it wasn't really of the same caliber as 'Alive or Just Breathing'. I loved that record from the first time I heard it and it was such a breath of fresh air after being subjected to NuMetal for several years to hear guys who could play their asses off and really sing. It was awesome to see them go from playing crappy clubs to 50 or 60 people to being able to headline Theaters within just a few years. Maybe they've run their course and unlike Shadows Fall just haven't realized it yet though they still seem to be doing well with live shows and merch sales where Shadows Fall peaked when they signed with Atlantic and everything just fell apart after that with A&R guys breathing down their neck to write an album that was more accessible that would sell well and they just couldn't pull it off. It's too bad because I loved Brian when he was in Overcast and I've known the drummer for 20 years since he was in Stigmata. Ironically, Jay was also the drummer for Crisis for a year or 2 back in 96 or 97. I'm gonna quit while I'm ahead because these shows feel like they were just yesterday and typing the years and dates makes me feel really F'ing old lol

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Metal will make you freaking Immortal!

I do geetar myself...

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Woah, back up a minute Vlar! Crushed discs in your neck? Crushed discs in your neck? Seriously? That must have been agony, good god, that makes me twitch just at the thought of it.

Karyn rocks, we have matching hair! (Not the sleek black shiny style though, I wish
)

Love Flies, just love it

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

yeah, it's pretty crazy and because of where they are there's a high risk of quadriplegia with surgery so I've refused it so far. Basically I went to bed one night with tingling in my pinky and woke up the next day and couldn't feel my hand or left arm. if you look at an anatomy diagram, my issues are between C4 and C5 and again between C5 and C6 just below the base of my skull with lesser degrees of compression above and below those two spots. My spine looks kind of like a C up there and yeah... it hurts like hell. Constantly. I don't recommend it at all.

If it makes you feel any better, Karyn has pink hair now haha. I'll try and videotape the show and put it up on YouTube for you guys to check out. Just need to find the charger for my camera!

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Jeezo, that's pretty mental. A rock and hard place though: constant agony or quadriplegia? Where do you begin with that choice? That just doesn't seem fair at all.

No, I don't mind that we shared hair
Pink is very cool, mine is 'ruby' (well, it says that on the tub - it would be a disappointing ruby in gem form, tee hee!)
Definitely get us a live show for free, how amazing would that be. Get charging!

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   

edit on 3 13 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join