It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Metal Thread For Metal Heads

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

If you have time, give this stuff a listen to. Its just one guy, I think he was a teenager when he started putting out music. The first two are what's known as 'blackgaze' ( shoegaze w/ black metal elements) and the other two seem kinda gothy to me.

Sun Devoured Earth

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ashirah
a reply to: peter vlar

Oh no I am with you on the BC Rich thing, I've owned a couple BC Rich guitars and my term for them is Firewood haha. Used to be attracted to them as a youngster purely for their aesthetics, but I've long since grown out of that. I had one US custom bich that played well but it got stolen! I also had a nice us warlock but it had weird neck issues that needed tweaking. But that sig eagle kinda caught my eye.

Same here... when I was much younger, I loved BC Rich, especially the warlock. I had several of them before I switched to bass.

I remember when my ex bought his bongo he got so much # from everyone because it looked so different but it was so nice, only thing I didn't care for was the pick guard but I tend to dislike those on any guitar. Never had the chance to play a stingray but I've only ever heard good things.

If you ever get the chance, jam out on a stingray, they're one of my favorite basses of all time. I'll never get rid of this one. Hands down the best bass I ever owned.

Greg Weeks isn't a mind blowing bass player, I just always loved The Red Chord and I appreciated his taste in guitars. Plus he and Mike Gunface McKenzie are, in my opinion, hilarious.

They are both funny dudes and always cool guys to hang with backstage. All super nice guys in the band.

YES! I could NEVER use a pick on bass and I used to get flak for that a lot. Did try but I'm a plucker and a slapper when it comes to bass, using the pick on those heavy gauged strings always felt clunky and weird.

Yup, I just hated playing with a pick and was never very good with one. It's part of the reason I switched to bass. That and because bass players are always in demand because everyone wants to play guitar and there are so many average, middle of the road guitar players and so few bass players, period. It's just awkward for me to use a pick, especially when I'm usinf really heavy gauge strubgs (115'susually and sometimes 125's)

Of course I'm down to hear your band if I haven't unknowingly already, when you get a moment u2u me something.

I'll send you a U2U shortly

Edit: This is The Red Chord, they're deathcore, not sure how you feel about that..

Yeah, I'm familiar with the Red Chord. their hometown is only a couple hours away from where I live so they used to play here quite frequently back in the day. They're all super nice guys and for a "deathcore" band they're not too bad. It's not really my thing but they pull it off rather well.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Did a quick search, $1500 seems to be the going rate for a stingray? If I still played bass I'd definitely have to commandeer someone else's haha Just for a test drive!

I've been to about a billion shows but I've never seen TRC live, so I've never met them but I've watched some pretty lulzy interviews and random videos of them. I wish Greg and Mike would do something like Steel Panther does; do weekly mini shows on various topics, for pure entertainment value. Or just put out more random, weird funny videos.

So I guess shameless self promotion is a no-no and around here but what about shameFUL self promotion? Just post something and be super remorseful and embarrassed about it

Here's a strange video of Greg and Mike's shenanigans with Tommy Rogers from Between the Buried and Me as 'Plant Vochestra'

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Genghis Tron

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Just came across this one the other day

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Vildhjarta

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I'm probably one of the only people that listen to this. 123 views on youtube. I think its f##kin raw. Appearantly no one else does though.

its like hmm... electro-death-hop...?

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
oh Hell yes! now we're in the right place...

excellent thread!

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

this thread will remain on top while I grace this forum with my presence...

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AinElohim

this thread will remain on top while I grace this forum with my presence...

Thanks man! I'll be out for a while here real soon, so having you guys to keep this thread alive is awesome! I'm still stoked with how this thread turned out.

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AinElohim

Oh you're most definitely in the right place if you're going to post some Triptykon!

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Yay

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
The dudes who started it all. ~$heopleNation

posted on Mar, 4 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

I think Sabbath's Iron Man is the theme song for every metal head who is baptized in the doom!

Metal Heads! ...you can't get through them

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

chuka chunk chunk, chunka chunka cha chunka chunk!

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Whitechapel. In a deathcore mood today

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
First In, Last to Leave...

We're Taking Over!

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

edit on 6-3-2015 by AinElohim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join