It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Backs Net Neutrality (was Obama Backs Government-Run Internet)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
So Obama didn't give us the ACA ?

You're spreading lies again.

The ACA has nothing to do with Net Neutrality under common carrier reclassification.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TheArrow

You're simply incorrect, not only that, you know your incorrect, because the post you are replying to is at odds with what you are saying. I don't understand how you are able to post, when posting things that you know to be false is against the T&C.

So people having the choice between cellular internet,cable internet, and satellite internet, and DSL doesn't exist in this country, and that's 'false'?

Geezus.
edit on 13-1-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

So Obama didn't give us the ACA ?

You're spreading lies again.

The ACA has nothing to do with Net Neutrality under common carrier reclassification.

So the same person whose pushing net neutrality so hard isnt the one who did the same thing with ACA?

Thats the simple point here.....

It is wise to look at one thing and say "this is what he said we would get" and then look at what we got....
And look at another "great" program that hes pushing just as hard, with a critical eye

When the man throws his lot behind things they are notoriously bad for the nation, at least so far thats been consistent...

Thats the point Neo is trying to make here
edit on 1/13/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: IntroduceALittleIrony
a reply to: MystikMushroom

mesh internet where people's computers connect to other people's computers.

That would be an NSA playground right there.

Nah, this technology already exists and is used mainly by people trying to get out from under the government's control.

en.wikipedia.org...

It's actually pretty great.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
You know damn well that most places only have a few of those options. Usually there's only a couple of those in any location and they're all over priced.

So much for STATE 'rights'

Should the states be able to enforce monopolies on the cities? I don't think so, at least not without a very good reason like safety which doesn't apply here.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TheArrow

Better late than never, I say. This has been a long time coming and I have waited patiently. I think people should be happy, reps or dems, but the Obama effect has warped perceptions again.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
So the same person whose pushing net neutrality so hard isnt the one who did the same thing with ACA?
Thats the simple point here…..

Not it isn't, you're spreading deception also.

Net Neutrality under common carrier reclassification requires no new legislation or laws.

In fact, Verizon built 98% of their FIOS network as a common carrier -- no new legislation, existing laws, no new taxes for FIOS users. The reason they're fighting Net Neutrality is to remove that classification.

When the man throws his lot behind things they are notoriously bad for the nation, at least so far thats been consistent.../quote]
Read what I've been posting. It's the alternative to common carrier reclassification that will end up feeling like the ACA all over again.
edit on 13-1-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

So people having the choice between cellular internet,cable internet, and satellite internet, and DSL doesn't exist in this country, and that's 'false'?

Geezus.

You're being purposely obtuse, and you are stretching the bounds of the conversation to fit your narrative. The cheapest internet where I live is 95 dollars a month. One town over, the cheapest price is 150 a YEAR for better internet provided by the city.

So, how is that a "choice" again?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: IntroduceALittleIrony

mesh internet where people's computers connect to other people's computers.

That would be an NSA playground right there.

No, that would be a script kiddies wet dream.

I have built a mesh network consisting of four whole wireless routers. It worked superbly except for the fact that the farther away from the originating point the more latency becomes a problem. Streaming media would be damn near impossible more than a few hops from the hard line

Lets not also forget that as it stands there are billions of internet connected devices all with unique ip addresses. Well at least on the external network they are unique.

The NSA has the capability to get into any machine they want. There is no security on the internet. There are safety measures that can be taken to protect your privacy online but nothing is perfect. You have to remember that anything that has been engineered can be re-engineered to suit a need.

As far as net neutrality is concerned, it needs to be neutral all the way. No corporations or governments to dictate what we need to pay for and at what rates. I think the internet should be free completely to everyone everywhere.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
]

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

Thats the simple point here…..

Not it isn't, you're spreading deception also.

Net Neutrality under common carrier reclassification requires no new legislation or laws.

In fact, Verizon built 98% of their FIOS network as a common carrier -- no new legislation, existing laws, no new taxes for FIOS users. The reason they're fighting Net Neutrality is to remove that classification.

Im not spreading ANYTHING....

The fact is....Obama is backing this....Obama has been open about his support and has promoted this program....

He did the same thing with his gov ACA.....thats also a fact......and it has also been horrible for the country......

He has a laundry list of programs and bills hes been behind that were disasterous

So no, im not spreading any disinfo about the fact that when this man decides to put his backing behind something we need to take a serious look about whats really going on.....

Thats called learning from experience....

I dont think thats a BAD thing...

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Yeah, I get it. You think ACA is bad, so this must be bad.

Without anything but a blanket suspicion of Obama to lean on, your argument falls flat.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheArrow

Yeah, I get it. You think ACA is bad, so this must be bad.

Without anything but a blanket suspicion of Obama to lean on, your argument falls flat.

Im not the only one who thinks its bad.....go google a recent poll of what the country thinks

How much more its raised rates on peoples insurance and how many people have now lost their insurance all together because....they cant afford to pay, weird wasnt that the reason he said he was doing this anyway?

Its not a suspicion its fact, he has a history of backing bad bills and programs...hes notorious for his increases monitoring of the American people including more gov intrusion on our internet....

And people TRUST him that this wont have any implications with the gov in our internet?

He lies through his teeth on a consistent basis about everything, his own party is distancing themselves from him cause hes so toxic

But sure this one is fine......im sure of it...

Nope not me

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Might as well give it up.

Everyone knows since the inception of this country. Commerce has never been about 'free market' or 'fair trade' practices.

And that goes to all 40 some odd president's, but somehow they think Mr. 'Hope, and Change is 'different'.

The only thing is is gonna happen is your integrity, and character will get insulted.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Im not the only one who thinks its bad.....go google a recent poll of what the country thinks

How much more its raised rates on peoples insurance and how many people have now lost their insurance all together because....they cant afford to pay, weird wasnt that the reason he said he was doing this anyway?

Its not a suspicion its fact, he has a history of backing bad bills and programs...

You think this is bad because you think that is bad. I told you, I get that. No need to google anything. You are making yourself understood. However, that's your only card. Obama is for it, so you're against it. It's not a very strong hand.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Im not spreading ANYTHING....

Yeah, you are, sorry. You're spreading Ted Cruz's stupidity that Net Neutrality is ObamaCare for the Internet.

The fact is....Obama is backing this....Obama has been open about his support and has promoted this program....

Thousands of Internet industry professionals and companies have supported it long before Obama came into office. He's only throwing support behind what the Internet technology industry has been pushing for since 2005.

He did the same thing with his gov ACA.....thats also a fact……

See, you're spreading stupidity and lies again. He's not doing the same thing by backing the Internet industry's desire to see broadband access reclassified as a common carrier. Bush supported the idea long before Obama, he just wanted to see if the carriers and providers could sort things out first -- they can't.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: shaneslaughta

Project Meshnet looks pretty interesting. It might be something worth looking into?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Wow.....

So far myself and another member here who normally engage in civil debate

Have so far been called stupid...

Paid Shills

And accused of spreading disinfo...

All by the site owner.....

For the Record, im not a Ted Cruz fan, but thanks for the assumption.....

I thought ATS wasnt about shutting down the debate or conversation with these tactics....

We know youre a strong supporter of net neutrality.......but not all of us are, because we are looking at the implications here......

People can disagree without resulting to whats been displayed here against myself and the other member on this thread...

You win, im done with this conversation, and am severely disappointed in you SO

You even changed the name of the thread, when threads are suppose to carry the actual title of the news article which this one did...
I thought that was a T and C violation.....

Anyway im out......

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Thanks MM, I was not aware of this project. It seems its installable on systems as well as routers. Gives it a bit ore flexibility than DD-WRT and OLSR.

I really didn't need another project MM

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Classic. Called out on being dishonest and then claiming victim hood. Well played.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join