It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Country Club Bartender accused of threatening to poison Boehner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Bartender was Jesus and Boehner was the Devil he claims.

Ebola, evil voices and the devil.

Those are just a few of the things a Butler County bartender cited as reasons he was going to kill House Speaker John Boehner this past fall, federal agents said.

Michael Robert Hoyt, 44, was indicted Jan. 7 on charges of threatening to murder the congressman in a plot police said included poisoning his drink at a country club.

“Hoyt told the officer he was Jesus Christ and he was going to kill Boehner because Boehner was mean to him at the country club and because Boehner is responsible for Ebola,” United States Capitol Police (USCP) Special Agent Christopher M. Desrosiers said. “Hoyt advised he had a loaded Beretta .380 automatic and he was going to shoot Boehner and take off.”

Hoyt said he started to hear the devil’s voice from the speakers in his car and his radio at home after he was fired. The voices were telling him that Boehner was evil, Desrosiers said.

Hoyt said he used to pour wine for Boehner often and could have easily poisoned his drink, but didn’t, special agents said.

He said no one checked the drinks he poured for Boehner, and it would have been “very easy to slip something in,” according to Desrosiers.

Makes you wonder how many of our other political leaders are vulnerable in such a way? I feel for this young man. Mental illness is hell. Having lived with someone who was paranoid schizophrenic and someone who was bipolar, both violent, it's very hard for the family to deal with, not to mention the person going through the mental illness. I hope he's able to get the treatment he needs.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

I agree mental illness is a horrible thing however let us consider:

"President Bush said to all of us: 'I am driven with a mission from God'. God would tell me, 'George go and fight these terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did.

Just wondering how do we determine who is crazy and who is not.

If your answer is they both are crazy then I have nothing further to add.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

"President Bush said to all of us: 'I am driven with a mission from God'. God would tell me, 'George go and fight these terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did.

I would agree they both can be crazy. Then again, some would argue who are we to decide who hears God and who doesn't. Now, to me, God doesn't direct me to kill. God commands us to love our fellow man. Something I shall do until I "hear" otherwise.

In all seriousness, I don't know if George is nuts, or just not quite all there, and how much of a difference there is between the two.....
edit on 1/13/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Great answer. I agree with you on who are we to decide.I honestly can't make such a judgement.

I have never heard god so I can't comment on what a god would or wouldn't command. Well that isn't really true. I haven't heard God but I have read a lot of stories that say he would command such things and some stories where he wouldn't.

Like you I can't say but if the day ever comes where I think I can confidently say with authority what God would say I really hope the people around me urge me to get myself checked out by mental health professionals. If they say I am good to go then we really have something to talk about.

edit on 13-1-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Giving ideas to the masses. I predict a copycat with disastrous results. The mental health in this nation isn't all that great.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Or he needs no help and was just Boehning the Senators wife.....

Or he is a test subject...

Or he has blackmail info...

Saying he is crazy would be as easy as arranging his downfall...
edit on 14-1-2015 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Moral of the story: Mix your own drink, even down at the Club, ole chap.

I knew a fellow who heard God talk to him and he went out and created two of the main events of the Anti-Vietnam War Movement (see the Bevel link in my sig), so who knows how these things go. Didn't Joan of Arc hear voices? I'm not defending this country club guy, but all he had to do to hurt Boehner is turn up the dial on his tanning lamp. I certainly wouldn't ask him to cook me up some grub.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
Giving ideas to the masses. I predict a copycat with disastrous results. The mental health in this nation isn't all that great.

I can say with all honesty that no, it isn't. They consider autism to be a mental health issue and trust me when I say it is treated extremely poorly. Supposedly more and more cases are being diagnosed everyday, and yet we are cutting funding everyday. Yup, makes perfect sense to me. I cannot begin to describe some of the horrors I have gone through with my daughter in the mental health community regarding autism. Most states consider 14 to be an adult and just stop giving a crap. We have gone through psych wards, and yes, even adult jails. Name a 14 year old who acts like their 8 who belongs in an adult county jail? Especially one who doesn't shower on their own, can't brush their hair, and other hygiene issues. And to have the nurse refuse seizure medication because the jail doctor didn't prescribe it? Then wonder why the child is wetting herself, as part of her seizure disorder. Yeah, mental health in the US bites!

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood

Or he needs no help and was just Boehning the Senators wife.....

Or he is a test subject...

Or he has blackmail info...

Saying he is crazy would be as easy as arranging his downfall...

JOhn bohner huh? The bartender just got bohned for acting out.(this was for someone in my thread who said thank goodness i didnt mispell the speakers name)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
If this happened last fall.....why are we just hearing about it now??

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

This man is crazy
Bush is not crazy he IS EVIL along with many other politicians who create hell on earth

top topics

join