It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poetic Philosophy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Good Evening All,

The intention of this post was to share a poem I wrote (hence the thread title), but I then went on to write quite a long introduction. If anyone just wants to read the poem then jump ahead, otherwise please read on.

I started reading into Lucid Dreaming and OOBEs about 6 years ago, and the more I practised it, the more success I seemed to have. Like most things, keeping a dream journal etc. slowly became too much of a chore and I lost all interest in the subject.

This last weekend I was sorting through a lot of old things and I found my old journals. Firstly I couldn't believe that it was 6 years ago when I started getting into the topic, I don't know where the time has gone. From my entries I saw that I had made a couple of months of entries in 2008/2009, and then again a couple of entries at the end of 2013/beginning of 2014.

Now what is interesting is that all of the dreams that I became Lucid in, I can still remember vividly to this day, almost like they were events that occurred in waking life. Looking back at the entries I am surprised at just how good my memory recall of them is, especially given by memory seems to be degenerating in general lately. It just goes to show you what level of effect they had on my consciousness, which is more than reason enough to explore further, wouldn't you say?

As is happens, a couple of weeks ago I started reading Monroe's classic, 'Journeys out of the Body'. I had put it on my list of books to read back in 2008, though I had never bought it. I had relied on an excellent .pdf called 'Do_OOBE' which was pointed out to me by an ATS user at the time, and a book I bought called 'Leaving the Body' by Scott D Rogo which was also very informative.

Anyway, finally reading this book, I decided to give it a go again and within a few nights I was experiencing strong vibrations and similar symptoms as I was laying down at night. The same had occurred back in 2008 and then in 2012, each time when I had begun reading into the subject. It just goes to show how important it is to consciously think about the topic during the day in order to have an experience at night, which begs the question, what exactly are these common symptoms? Are they simply products of the imagination or subconscious, as is the commonly accepted reasoning regarding dreams? But if so, why can I not read about other 'symptoms' throughout the day and have the same physiological response on a night? The art of leaving the body seems to be truly unique and therefore that infers something?

Anyway, I have gone wildly off topic here. The reason for the post was that on one night at the beginning of 2013 I woke up after having a lucid dream, and after writing my journal entry, I had an urge to write a poem, something that I can’t remember doing since primary school. I had completely forgot about it but found it at the weekend and decided to type it up. It was interesting to me in that it conjures up memories as to what my philosophy’s were at the time, and it is striking how much they have changed only a couple of years later.

I have said several times on some of my threads on ATS (I haven’t been around in a long time) that I truly believe that we are the products of our experiences, and it is only looking back at diary entries and the like that you can truly appreciate how your mentality on life has changed. I would strongly recommend to people to keep a journal (it has been proven to bring numerous health benefits) but more specifically anyone interested in the more esoteric nature of the world to keep a dream journal. It is THE best method in boosting dream recall and thus amplifying the lucid dreaming experience in my opinion. And as I have said, it is amazing how such experiences stick with you, even more so that what you may consider an important life event.

Anyway, I have included the poem here. I don’t know why, I am looking for any sort of validation or anything, I just felt like writing and sharing I suppose, something I haven’t felt like doing in a while. I seemed to have a lot of themes going on at the time, mostly centred around the almost total autonomy of daily, waking life; the experience of ‘going out of the body’ and raising ‘kundalini’; the idea that there is a guiding force in nature that strives to seek equilibrium in all forms and that there does seem to be different levels of perception/experience/consciousness that one can ‘travel’ to by the thought of power alone.

There seems to be a tint of Christian/Religion going on there, even though I would describe myself as a Pagan/Atheist/Discordian depending on what day of the week it is. I think that is my subconscious calling on language that was taught to me as a child, and I think this explains a lot about mysticism in general and how it was hidden by organised religion in general. I don’t think it was necessarily intentional, it is just hard to put certain things into words and not being literally inclined people fall back on the notions of ‘heaven’ and ‘hell’ as people can relate to them as extremes of existence.

Anyway, if anyone wants to use this as a springboard for a chat about anything similar, drop me a reply and I will be sure to check in periodically over the next couple of days. Who knows, I might start an affair with ATS again.

PS. I am a bit of a book buff, and if anyone can tell me what novel the first line reminds them off please let me know as I am curious to see of the said book had the same effect on you as it did on me!

*Original Reason for Post*

As dawn awakens from her restful night’s sleep, fresh and rosy fingered;
So the waxing moon has yet to yield from the spot all night she lingered.
For this is how it must be, to nurture each and every man;
Who forever wanders between night and day, to adhere to the master plan.

For night is day and day is night;
Until the day that man understands that there is no dark, only the absence of light.
For this is the way of the universe, that much is true;
And when man realises this, the heavenly door he will steppeth through.

His body becomes heavy and his heartbeat starts to rise;
The vibration becomes stronger and bright lights flash before his eyes.
The air rushes through his eardrums and all becomes clear;
The only way to salvation is through the abolishment of fear.

The fire is ignited and the flames quickly spread within;
He has done away with his shackles and his new life can begin.
Money has no value, and all things material not worth much more;
He who renounces such things and savours their absence will grow faster than ever before.

Alas, he would be wealthy, as rich as a king!
For on the day of judgement, it is the integrity of his soul that is the only important thing.
For the great scales can differentiate between the good and the bad;
With the righteous being blessed and the deviants wishing that being good they had.

Through the door or into the depths, the soul will go;
Though there is no heaven and there is no hell.
Like Dante and the illuminated knew, there are several planes and spheres;
Half are ruled through bliss, the other half through fears.

There is no way to reverse the decision, even by supplicating at the morning star’s knees;
As they, like us, follow the plan, which prevents us from doing what we please.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing that. I am incredibly egotistical at times and usually do not read others poetry because I write philosophical poetry also and quite regularly.
But this or your poem is very good. It encompasses and sums up many of my thoughts, better than I could myself. I never valued materialism at heart but it took me a long time to realise this.. For the materials or economy we know of are only tools to achieve our inner most desires of love and respect, for ourself and others. Again we forget we all want this. Its a joke really that we have become absolutely absorbed with the idea of getting money and money is the only way to achieve love, peace and family. All those virtues are found and achieve with anything but money. But again, advertisements and propaganda try their best to convince the world that it is only materials that matter even science to my disgust is supporting this by purposely ignoring alternatives. "If you have this, you look better, if you look better people will love you etc" "we are all atoms and molecule". We forget that this entire economy benefits from this mindset, but only at the detriment of our equally imaginary enemies and it is equally only a tool/made up system. Innocent people all over the world are made to suffer so we can buy things we don't really want, all so we can achieve these ideas which are deeply routed within us, such as love and acceptance. Its a shame people do not have the time or the desire to work out why they want things and instead chose to fit in to the great evils that are destroying us.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I've just started an interest in Monroe and am reading Thomas Campbells, "My big T.O.E.' and I happened to be listening to Terrance McKenna on youtube and believe he mentioned that during a '___' trip to a psychedelic elf land where poetry is the creative force... and it all begins with the word. I find this and the subject matter of this thread a freaky coincidence.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
In my meditations I had a vision and an understanding that I was a large being. I felt enormous power and I moved about a black room and in that room where orbs clear orbs thousands floating in the blackness, each the size of a basketball, billions of multicolored lights were dispersed throughout each orb and I realized that each orb was a universe and this were games and I could choose which game I wanted to play next. FAR OUT MAN!!

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

I watched this 3.5hr documentary summing up Terrence McKennas ideas over Christmas:

If we watched the same thing, that would be even more of a coincidence!

I am a big reader, but never really been a fan of poetry. I don't 'understand' it, in that I don't get into it and it doesn't have an affect on me like a good novel does. That being said, I have always found it a bit charming.

I am enjoying the Monroe book.. though it isn't quite what I was expecting. Many of the ideas can be found in the Do_OOBE document I mentioned and they seemed to resonate more for me in that than they do with this.

I had never come across the author or book you mentioned, but having read a few reviews I would say that you would probably like most of Robert Anton Wilson's material if you are not already familiar with it.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Judgie

I always love it when people can admit to being egotistical.

I for a long time, after first beginning to understand the term 'ego', used to believe that I was eg-less.

Then taking time to try to analyse my thoughts objectively, I realised that I was kidding myself.

I started asking myself questions like:

Why do I feel like this?

Why do I care?

What do I want?

Why do I want that?

What's stopping me?

Why am I fearful?

At the end of such questioning I ultimately came to the same point every-time. I want to leave my mark on the world; I want to do something good for humanity and be remembered for it.

It was then when I realised, 'Why can't I just do something good and no-one know about it, what's the difference?'

I have never been able to answer that question. I ultimately seek infamy, and I don't know why. That's as egotistical as you can get!

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: carlitomoore
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

I watched this 3.5hr documentary summing up Terrence McKennas ideas over Christmas:

If we watched the same thing, that would be even more of a coincidence!

I am a big reader, but never really been a fan of poetry. I don't 'understand' it, in that I don't get into it and it doesn't have an affect on me like a good novel does. That being said, I have always found it a bit charming.

I am enjoying the Monroe book.. though it isn't quite what I was expecting. Many of the ideas can be found in the Do_OOBE document I mentioned and they seemed to resonate more for me in that than they do with this.

I had never come across the author or book you mentioned, but having read a few reviews I would say that you would probably like most of Robert Anton Wilson's material if you are not already familiar with it.

Thank you! Terrance was speaking about one of his '___' trips .. something about the beings he interacted with speaking in poetry. I intuit that we will be using sound and light to heal ourselves, literally get a "tune up", so perhaps poetry is a higher frequency version of language?

top topics

join