It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E-cig Maintance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I just thought i would share a way to clean those disposable burners for the electronic cigerettes. I use two different methods. The easiest way to get it burning again without buying a replacment everytime is to take a sewing needle and insert it in the battery connection end and just begin light scraping of the coil.

The second way is for outdoors only. You take a can of carberator cleaner and spray a couple light burts into the same end. Be sure you do not have the disposible unit still hooked to any battery source. Then after a minute or two a couple more light squirts. Let it dry completly and even a can of compressed air sprayed in it will speed the drying process.

I like to wait overnite just to be sure. Just refill it and it is now performing like new. Yes i am a cheap bstrd. Even more than that i live far from town and getting replacments is not always as easy as cleaning an old one.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

And they say 'necessity' is the mother of invention.

'Addiction' has got to be right up there.

Carburetor cleaner is a toxic blend of toluene, Methyl Ethyl Ketone, acetone, xylene, butoxyethanol, ethyl benzene and propane.

Combine that with an addictive drug that keeps ya' coming back for more.

Not good.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

Because, you know, addiction is a solely chosen thing. Not like breathing, food, or the necessity of social interaction.

-NF

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Hey OP...

If I might suggest, I think you'll thoroughly enjoy a "mod"...or a "box mod" as I use.

With these, there are no pre-filled cartridges. You build your own coils and wick, and chose at whim what flavored juice you use. You have far greater control over heat and overall flavor due to the heat of the vapor.

Stop your local vape shop.....they'll inform you...and hook you up...pardon the pun

-NF

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
You should make your own E-cig juice by the gallon and you wouldn't have to visit the shop at all. Or leave the house. Ever.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Box mods are the way to go. Ive built several myself. As a matter of fact i'm building some right now.

a reply to: nullafides

edit on 13-1-2015 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

Because, you know, addiction is a solely chosen thing. Not like breathing, food, or the necessity of social interaction.

-NF

There are ways to quit smoking, including vaping without nicotine.

I occasionally use a $10 disposable cigalec, maybe once a week for five or ten puffs, but I always have it with me, just in case. It may be harmful to a degree, but because I use it strictly to defer a psychological temptation and not a physical addiction, I don't use it enough to cause significant harm.

When I've relapsed in the past it's been because I had no alternative when offered an actual cigarette. Now, if I get stuck amongst a buncha smokers, at a party, or in a car or aboard a vessel and I'm tempted to smoke, I have a choice not to smoke anything addictive.

And unless one is physically addicted to nicotine, there is no pleasure to be had in reacquiring the addiction.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic

And they say 'necessity' is the mother of invention.

'Addiction' has got to be right up there.

Carburetor cleaner is a toxic blend of toluene, Methyl Ethyl Ketone, acetone, xylene, butoxyethanol, ethyl benzene and propane.

Combine that with an addictive drug that keeps ya' coming back for more.

Not good.

As far as i know all of those evaporate and leave no residue. I gave ample warning of evaporation times and the need to do so. I think it is good that you highlight the dangers involved but i do not see the need to create the false pretense that i am telling anyone to inhale carb. cleaner and for any worried the sewing needle is an alternative that does not involve harsh cleaners.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
nf and others thanks for the great info put forth.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I for one, dropped a two pack a day habit immediately using e-cigs. Never looked back.

As far as I am concerned, I *LIKE* the nicotine.

As far as I am concerned, I am GLAD to not have the same addiction as one haves to cigarettes. Don't be mistaken, addiction to nicotine and the 4K plus ingredients in cigs that are intentionally put there, not the same thing.

I've dropped to a 6mg juice...and even 3's if I want a flavor they don't have in the 6mg...frankly, for me, I just don't see the need to "quit" my "addiction"

Whatever works, right?

-NF

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

I am always breath taken by the beauty of wood and quality wood workings.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

That's what I do. I bought a couple tanks and have about 30 EGO's and 2 Silver Bullets. I have enough batteries to last through Armageddon with a solar powered charging station. I can rebuild my own coils. I make my own juice.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Thanks. I love to tinker. I don't even vape. My brother works at a store and i got into making these for a few of the harder to please customers that frequent the place.

I dont think the carb cleaner would hurt you as long as you allow it to evaporate before using the coils again. Perhaps firing it dry to burn off any leftover residue would help as well.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

It's cheap to rebuild coils. I have also washed out cartomizers with a sonic tumbler and water. I tried vinegar once and only once. I threw those away because the taste was rancid. I usually just boil them now. They don't last as long as using the sonic tumbler but it's quick. They don't cost that much. I tend to use my tanks and those take the coils. Easy enough to buy wick and wire and rebuild them. I let them pile up and do a bunch all an once. I do need a magnifying glass now because my eyesight isn't what it used to be.

It's all for this habit I once had called smoking. I know it's only an alternative but it's less harmful the tobacco. I'll die of something, I'm sure of it. I plan on cutting the nicotine down progressively and dropping it altogether. I vape Atomic Fireball, tobacco flavors, and blueberry. Just watch out how much nicotine you use when making a batch. It can mess you up if handled the wrong way. I usually buy a bottle of 60mg strength and mix it half and half. That's 30mg strength and a high content. I use propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin as a mixer with flavorings. Only water base flavorings and no oil based. Oil based flavorings will mess you up. Please take the time to do the research on how to do it yourself.

new topics

top topics

join