It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Mars Anomalies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I was looking at rover curiosity pictures that were taken with the ChemCam.If you aren`t familiar with what the Chemcam is you can read more about it here:
www.msl-chemcam.com... %20on%20NASA%20Mars%20Rover%20Tops%20100,000%20Zaps#.VLQ4a-nwsdU

Here`s a basic description of what it does,taken from that link:

The Chemistry and Camera instrument (ChemCam) uses the infrared laser to excite material in a pinhead-size spot on the target into a glowing, ionized gas, called plasma. ChemCam observes that spark with the telescope and analyzes the spectrum of light to identify elements in the target. The instrument has also returned more than 1,600 images taken by its remote micro-imager camera.

The micro imager camera is used to take close up pictures of very small objects.As I was looking at the Chemcam pictures I found two pictures taken on SOL 705 that weren`t pictures of small objects, they were pictures of the landscape.
I thought it was strange that they would use a micro-imager camera to take landscape pictures,( I don't know if they normally do that or not)so I looked at the pictures and this is what I saw:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

It looks like it could be some kind of space junk.

The pictures aren`t real clear so I looked for other pictures of that area that might have been taken by one of the other cameras and I was only able to find one other picture.It was taken by the mast cam from a distance:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Here`s another landscape picture taken by the ChemCam and SOL 779,I looked for other pictures of this area taken by the other cameras but there are none.There are a few anomalies in this picture.

Does that rock on the right have fins?

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Notice the shape of the shadow on the ground, definitely fin shaped,also notice that the rock has deformed to conform to the shape of the small rock under it.
I would like to see more pictures of this area.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Now that's some really interesting stuff.

Hope the rock crowd doesn't jump in and yell rocks. all I see is rocks. I bet they're fun at Geological conferences and the like. LOL

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Now that's some really interesting stuff.

Hope the rock crowd doesn't jump in and yell rocks. all I see is rocks. I bet they're fun at Geological conferences and the like. LOL

Sorry, just rocks and natural formations that look funky...
We can look at images of snowflakes under an electron microscope and it looks like it's man made but it's just another amazing part of nature...
edit on 12-1-2015 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
That middle one does look like a shell

Shell

I assume you are looking at the fins and thinking some kind of petrified sea creature? It looks like the animals found around pompey.

Pompeii dog

I have no idea though of how that could happen to a sea creature though if similar. Interesting though.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Oops, did the link thing wrong.
Pompeii dog

Seashell

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
You know what always amazes me... some people will not admit that if a certain object which looks like a duck, quaks like a duck and walks like a duck is most likely a duck.

I know such a person and I came to the conclusion that this person can not think for himself. As long the government denies the existance of evidence on an other planet he will also deny the possibillity there are remains of an ancient civillisation... no matter what evidence you shove under his nose. He actually felt insulted when I told him to be naive when he does believe everything his government tells him.

At first I had my reservations about the stuff seen in pictures from Mars. An out of place and man made looking object in one picture can be doubted but if such objects pop-up very frequently a person should start to open up for the possibillity there is something to it and can not be denied.

It is my opinion that this "fossilized dolfin" is one of such evidence which should be taken very seriously and deserve a closer look. I get it why NASA appears to be not interested but that doesn't mean it is not there..

Great find by curiousity and the OP... SnF!

edit on 13/1/2015 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: seanridesajones

Thanks for that picture, if we didn`t already know that it was a dog we might think that it was just a rock that looks like a dog.

because the atmosphere on mars is much different than on earth we don`t know how decomposition might take place if it takes place at all.On earth we have all sorts of living things, like worms, insects etc, that play a large part in decomposing dead things.if a catastrophy wiped out all mars life very quickly what would be left to cause decomposition?

Pictures from Curiosity have shown us that the martian "soil" is very fine and almost powdery and by the pictures of the dunes we know it blows around a lot. a dead creature covered with this powdery "soil" would look very much like just a rock.

There are 3-4 objects in the last picture that resemble known sea life here on earth, I`m not saying they are some type of dead martian sea life, just that they bear a stronger resemblance to it than they do to a rock.

new topics

top topics

join