It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reuters - Netanyahu out of step with French leaders at Paris rally

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

(Reuters) - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu managed to ruffle a few feathers while taking part in the "Charlie Hebdo" rally in Paris on Sunday, an event his office initially said he would not be attending for security reasons.

Perhaps most awkward was his invitation to French Jews -- alarmed by the Paris attacks and the killing of four people at a kosher supermarket -- to migrate to Israel if they wanted, leaving French Prime Minister Manuel Valls scrambling to reassure the community it was safe and an integral part of France.

I am surprised I didn't see this news on ATS yet, so here we go.

Source

I read it on Italian news this morning claiming that it was Hollande who asked Nethanyahu to avoid coming at the protest to not involve the israel-palestine conflict in what he thought was a human-right protest.

French President Francois Hollande conveyed a message to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu over the weekend asking him not to come to Paris to take part in the march against terror on Sunday, according to an Israeli source who was privy to the contacts between the Elysees Palace and the Prime Minister’s Office in Jerusalem. The fact that this message had been conveyed was first reported by Channel 2.

Here's the link from Haaretz

I still don't know which context this news should go in, France has been criticized by Isreal for supporting Palestine (and this seems to me the most probable context).
However I read a post in dreams & predictions forum yesterday where Hollande urgently changed his return flight plan to speak directly with Putin and warn him about a possible staged event. Maybe both, maybe none, maybe either I'm still not sure what to think, after all the events are very recent and to be honest they are panning out more or less like I belived they were (killers get killed, israeli people attacked in paris and strong reaction by all the western people).

What is your opinion guys?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Oh the French have reacted to Netanyahu comments. They have put extra troops on the street and will be patrolling in the Jewish quarters, particularly Jewish schools.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Damn Nutonyahoo. Like he gives a damn about his people. He is just putting more oil on the fire. Lets hope he lights his own ass on fayaaaah

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
" Netanyahu out of step with French leaders at Paris rally "

But that's normal right?

How else was he supposed to get attention?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Mastronaut

At least he showed up!

Where was Obama?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

At least he showed up!

Where was Obama?

Keeping a low profile in case people realise the attacks were a copy of the Boston attack?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

At least he showed up!

Where was Obama?

Obama was busy finalizing the hack of the Pentagon and their Twitter account !!!!

Now we know.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

At least he showed up!

Where was Obama?

The only reason he showed up was to work this tragedy to his advantage. Benny is a firm believer in the old saying never let a good tragedy go to waste.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I have no problem with this. He should have gone imo. I could have done without the pissing contest between him and Abbas though. As to promoting immigration to Israel no problem with that but where are they going to live? Annex more of the West Bank? Then I have a problem.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Statesman with no class.

Turned a historic demo for peace and liberty intoa recruitment drive for the Israel tourist industry and real estate bizz.

"We got a lot of good prices. Y'all come over. We got villas and an eye on new-build sites! Come pour a drink"

I'm not against Israel or proPalastine. The day was for respecting others and not for self serving agendas

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

The irony is that neither Netanyahu nor Abbas initially planned to be in Paris.

As a result, the first word was that Netanyahu would not go. Around the same time, Abbas's office said he also would not be attending because of bad weather.

Bad weather eh, and Netanyahu is out of strep?

Whatever Reuters.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

At least he showed up!

Where was Obama?

^^^THIS^^^

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

At least he showed up!

Where was Obama?

The only reason he showed up was to work this tragedy to his advantage. Benny is a firm believer in the old saying never let a good tragedy go to waste.

Thanks for enlightening us for his reason for going. Glad you got the inside scoop. And what was Obama's reason for not going, again? Seems you have the facts on heads of state's agendas.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Obama was probably busy preparing his state of the union address coming up.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

At least he showed up!

Where was Obama?

But do pray tell why Abbas was there?

edit on 12-1-2015 by Logarock because: n

He is out of step, a little forward of the others there by a step of two.
edit on 12-1-2015 by Logarock because: n

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mastronaut

(Reuters) - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu managed to ruffle a few feathers while taking part in the "Charlie Hebdo" rally in Paris on Sunday, an event his office initially said he would not be attending for security reasons.

Perhaps most awkward was his invitation to French Jews -- alarmed by the Paris attacks and the killing of four people at a kosher supermarket -- to migrate to Israel if they wanted, leaving French Prime Minister Manuel Valls scrambling to reassure the community it was safe and an integral part of France.

Source

I read it on Italian news this morning claiming that it was Hollande who asked Nethanyahu to avoid coming at the protest to not involve the israel-palestine conflict in what he thought was a human-right protest.

French President Francois Hollande conveyed a message to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu over the weekend asking him not to come to Paris to take part in the march against terror on Sunday, according to an Israeli source who was privy to the contacts between the Elysees Palace and the Prime Minister’s Office in Jerusalem. The fact that this message had been conveyed was first reported by Channel 2.

I still don't know which context this news should go in, France has been criticized by Isreal for supporting Palestine (and this seems to me the most probable context).
However I read a post in dreams & predictions forum yesterday where Hollande urgently changed his return flight plan to speak directly with Putin and warn him about a possible staged event. Maybe both, maybe none, maybe either I'm still not sure what to think, after all the events are very recent and to be honest they are panning out more or less like I belived they were (killers get killed, israeli people attacked in paris and strong reaction by all the western people).

Jews are automatically Israeli people now?
WTF...
Can I have this weekends lotto numbers in Australia please? Since you're so good at predicting the future. I'll give you 10% of the winnings.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mastronaut

Source

Obama didn't even go to Paris.

I would think the president of the free world would be interested in standing with free people expressing their solidarity over freedom of speech and press. But alas, we have the most free president of all time, he does what he wants when he wants.

My opinion? Netanyahu should simply remind France and Germany that Jews weren't firebombing in protest of anti-Semitic propaganda before and during WWII.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

At least he showed up!

Where was Obama?

Thanks for enlightening us for his reason for going. Glad you got the inside scoop. And what was Obama's reason for not going, again? Seems you have the facts on heads of state's agendas.

Many heads of state didn't go. You would think with all the fighting we are doing people would get the idea how we feel about terrorism. Besides when did America start caring about France again? Didn't we hate them so much that we didn't even have french fries anymore but rather Freedom Fries. Besides our Ambassador was there one tool is as good as another.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

At least he showed up!

Where was Obama?

This rally was a joke anyway.
Did you know that Sergey Lavrov, the Foreign Minister of Russia, attended the rally ? We all know how freedom of speech works in mother Russia - one way ticket to a prison in Siberia.

Turkeys prime minister was there as-well. Ahh yeah, Erdogan loves free speech so much that he imprisons journalists who dare to criticize his regime.

Netanyahu ? How many journalists have been killed by the Israeli forces while reporting from Gaza in the last couple of years? Yeah,Netanyahu that peace and freedom loving devil.

How about the 2,000 men women and children that were slaughtered by Boko Haram in Nigeria almost the same day as the attacks on Charlie Hebdo unfolded ?! Did anyone mention them at the rally ?! NO!

Sickening if you ask me

top topics

<<   2 >>

join